Unban or reduced ban?
(10-03-2017, 03:18 PM)DaKody Wrote: you tried to ghost, you did with full intent. Ban is gonna stand

Could you explain how the person I ghosted being dead and me informing a living person that the dead person is a traitor counts as ghosting?
I understand I did that with malicious intent but why does what I did count as ghosting and not attempted ghosting? I did zero damages to any party involved.
[Image: fa5.gif]
(10-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote: Yeah, the intention was certainly malicious. If you look after that I said something like "wait nvm they're dead". I wouldn't call it ghosting, I'd call it attempted ghosting. I'll accept a temp ban for that but I don't think a perma ban is fair.
At the time I said that, I believed that malumoroni was alive but after consideration I realized that he probably died after he rdmed me because he rdmed me in proximity to other people. Malumoroni then left the server shortly after he responded to my report on him after he rdmed me (http://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/show...p?tid=2918) if I remember correctly. Therefore if he left there would have been blatant proof of him being a traitor regardless of my "ghosting".

I don't understand. First off there is no gray area with ghosting. You either gave information that someone would not have had otherwise, or you didn't. You clearly admit to doing that. "At the time I said that, I believed that malumoroni was alive but after consideration I realized that he probably died after he rdmed me because he rdmed me in proximity to other people." So again, you've admitted to telling someone that someone is a Traitor while they're alive. You're just digging a deeper hole. "Therefore if he left there would have been blatant proof of him being a traitor regardless of my "ghosting"." Not necessarily. His body might not have been identified yet, he could have jumped off the map and left, so his body would have never been identified. And again, if you sent the message before he left (which is clearly the case because you said told someone to "kill em"), you ghosted. 

That being said, is a perma ban a little harsh? Not really, those are the rules, but I've seen you on a decent amount, and I do think a reduction would be fine. Nothing short of two months though. You blatantly broke the rules.

(10-03-2017, 03:29 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote: Could you explain how the person I ghosted being dead and me informing a living person that the dead person is a traitor counts as ghosting?
I understand I did that with malicious intent but why does what I did count as ghosting and not attempted ghosting? I did zero damages to any party involved.

Sure. If you're dead, you shouldn't be telling those who are alive who to kill. There's a reason why there are two separate chat and voice systems, one for those who are alive and one for those who are dead. And again, there's no such thing as attempted ghosting. You either ghosted or you didn't. Oh, and you did do a lot of damages to the parties involved. You're banned. You ruined another player's T round (albeit he was an RDMer), and you gave information to a player that they might not have known otherwise. 3/3 m8!
(10-03-2017, 03:34 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote: Yeah, the intention was certainly malicious. If you look after that I said something like "wait nvm they're dead". I wouldn't call it ghosting, I'd call it attempted ghosting. I'll accept a temp ban for that but I don't think a perma ban is fair.
At the time I said that, I believed that malumoroni was alive but after consideration I realized that he probably died after he rdmed me because he rdmed me in proximity to other people. Malumoroni then left the server shortly after he responded to my report on him after he rdmed me (http://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/show...p?tid=2918) if I remember correctly. Therefore if he left there would have been blatant proof of him being a traitor regardless of my "ghosting".

I don't understand. First off there is no gray area with ghosting. You either gave information that someone would not have had otherwise, or you didn't. You clearly admit to doing that. "At the time I said that, I believed that malumoroni was alive but after consideration I realized that he probably died after he rdmed me because he rdmed me in proximity to other people." So again, you've admitted to telling someone that someone is a Traitor while they're alive. You're just digging a deeper hole. "Therefore if he left there would have been blatant proof of him being a traitor regardless of my "ghosting"." Not necessarily. His body might not have been identified yet, he could have jumped off the map and left, so his body would have never been identified. And again, if you sent the message before he left (which is clearly the case because you said told someone to "kill em"), you ghosted. 

That being said, is a perma ban a little harsh? Not really, those are the rules, but I've seen you on a decent amount, and I do think a reduction would be fine. Nothing short of two months though. You blatantly broke the rules.

What I meant by  "At the time I said that, I believed that malumoroni was alive but after consideration I realized that he probably died after he rdmed me because he rdmed me in proximity to other people." Is that I told someone to kill malumoroni and malumoroni was dead when I told them that. At least, that's based on my memory.
First, malumoroni killed me and then I reported them, then they died and responded to my report and after their response I got mad and told someone to kill malumoroni, not realizing that malumoroni was dead at the time of my "ghosting". The map was Ski Resort and there was no way to just jump off of the map without cheating so I know they must have been killed by someone and I'm sure that someone had the decency to ID malumoroni.
Idk if any of that makes sense honestly, I've had a pretty stressful day so I'm sorry if it doesn't.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm quite sure I "ghosted" after malamoroni was dead and identified therefor it doesn't count as ghosting because the person that I told malamoroni was a traitor was able to know that malamoroni was a traitor without me telling them.
(10-03-2017, 03:45 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote:

What I meant by  "At the time I said that, I believed that malumoroni was alive but after consideration I realized that he probably died after he rdmed me because he rdmed me in proximity to other people." Is that I told someone to kill malumoroni and malumoroni was dead when I told them that. At least, that's based on my memory.
First, malumoroni killed me and then I reported them, then they died and responded to my report and after their response I got mad and told someone to kill malumoroni, not realizing that malumoroni was dead at the time of my "ghosting". The map was Ski Resort and there was no way to just jump off of the map without cheating so I know they must have been killed by someone and I'm sure that someone had the decency to ID malumoroni.
Idk if any of that makes sense honestly, I've had a pretty stressful day so I'm sorry if it doesn't.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm quite sure I "ghosted" after malamoroni was dead and identified therefor it doesn't count as ghosting because the person that I told malamoroni was a traitor was able to know that malamoroni was a traitor without me telling them.
Sure, the map was Ski Resort, so you can't fall off. I didn't realize that. What you're missing is unless malamoroni's body was identified, you ghosted. And again, if he was already dead, why are you telling someone to kill a Traitor?
(10-03-2017, 03:55 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 03:45 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote:

Sure, the map was Ski Resort, so you can't fall off. I didn't realize that. What you're missing is unless malamoroni's body was identified, you ghosted. And again, if he was already dead, why are you telling someone to kill a Traitor?
I didn't realize he was dead when I told them to kill them. I wasn't paying much attention to the game after I died because I was playing on my 3DS waiting for it to end and I only occasionally looked up to see if malamoroni had responded to my report. I said for them to kill malamoroni and then after that said something like "never mind, he's dead" to them via pm. Idk if you're able to check pm logs (or if they even exist) but if you can I'm pretty sure you'll see that. It was a matter of "get angry and try to ghost first and check if malamoroni is dead later." If you can, could you show me the full damage logs from that round? It was yesterday, at ski resort on round 5, about 30 seconds in.
(10-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote: I didn't realize he was dead when I told them to kill them. I wasn't paying much attention to the game after I died because I was playing on my 3DS waiting for it to end and I only occasionally looked up to see if malamoroni had responded to my report. I said for them to kill malamoroni and then after that said something like "never mind, he's dead" to them via pm. Idk if you're able to check pm logs but if you can I'm pretty sure you'll see that. It was a matter of "get angry and try to ghost first and check if malamoroni is dead later."

I still don't understand. I don't know if I'm thinking about this too deeply, or if you're just making this up... probably the former. Anyway:

"I didn't realize he was dead when I told them to kill them. I wasn't paying much attention to the game after I died because I was playing on my 3DS waiting for it to end and I only occasionally looked up to see if malamoroni had responded to my report." So you got the bright idea after sitting at your computer and playing your 3DS for however long to tell someone to kill a Traitor?

"I said for them to kill malamoroni and then after that said something like "never mind, he's dead" to them via pm." Ok, that's still ghosting, but you apologized. Let's pretend to let that one slide, there's more damning evidence later...

"Idk if you're able to check pm logs but if you can I'm pretty sure you'll see that." As far as I know, I cannot, as a Moderator, check PM logs. If a higher up can, they might.

"It was a matter of "get angry and try to ghost first and check if malamoroni is dead later." " YOU'VE ADMITTED TO GHOSTING!

At this point, unless I'm completely reading into this incorrectly, which I might, I'd admit my wrongdoing and ask for a ban reduction. I've tried to play devil's advocate get your side of the story and see if you could further explain yourself, but every time you admit to "attempted ghosting" or in this case flat-out ghosting. There's not much more that I can do.

P.S. What is the normal haste mode time? Is it 5 minutes?
My 2 cents, I remember when this happened. Heres what little I can give from my point of view. In game not much was going on. Everyone seemed to be behaving and everything was fine. I remember seeing a notification while I was alive of a new report. About 2 mins later penny steam chats me the link to that screenshot. I told him I would back him on anything further he has to do, as in Reporting it etc etc. So what had happened was he did get RDMd and reported in then after he filed the report was when he sent that PM. Its difficult for me because I played with Nar every morning for like the last month and I have had no issues and didn't see this coming. I feel like it was more of he thought the guy was Massing or something so he wanted to get him out of the game and just didn't do it the right way. Do I think he ghosted to get a T killed to help another player or his friends like some people do? No.

My advice to him, be patient. State your case and hope that it goes heard, then back away if you dont get immediate results. Come back in a month or two and try and talk to dakody again. An unban is not even possible if they think you have not, or will not, learn from any mistakes made.

Good luck buddy
(10-03-2017, 04:28 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 01:47 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote: I didn't realize he was dead when I told them to kill them. I wasn't paying much attention to the game after I died because I was playing on my 3DS waiting for it to end and I only occasionally looked up to see if malamoroni had responded to my report. I said for them to kill malamoroni and then after that said something like "never mind, he's dead" to them via pm. Idk if you're able to check pm logs but if you can I'm pretty sure you'll see that. It was a matter of "get angry and try to ghost first and check if malamoroni is dead later."

I still don't understand. I don't know if I'm thinking about this too deeply, or if you're just making this up... probably the former. Anyway:

"I didn't realize he was dead when I told them to kill them. I wasn't paying much attention to the game after I died because I was playing on my 3DS waiting for it to end and I only occasionally looked up to see if malamoroni had responded to my report." So you got the bright idea after sitting at your computer and playing your 3DS for however long to tell someone to kill a Traitor?

"I said for them to kill malamoroni and then after that said something like "never mind, he's dead" to them via pm." Ok, that's still ghosting, but you apologized. Let's pretend to let that one slide, there's more damning evidence later...

"Idk if you're able to check pm logs but if you can I'm pretty sure you'll see that." As far as I know, I cannot, as a Moderator, check PM logs. If a higher up can, they might.

"It was a matter of "get angry and try to ghost first and check if malamoroni is dead later." " YOU'VE ADMITTED TO GHOSTING! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M READING THIS!

At this point, unless I'm completely reading into this incorrectly, which I might, I'd admit my wrongdoing and ask for a ban reduction. I've tried to play devil's advocate, but every time you admit to "attempted ghosting" or in this case flat-out ghosting. There's not much more that I can do.

Yeah, you're right. I keep on repeating what I've been saying. There are some things I'd like to clarify but I think I'll just leave them at that because this is kinda a mess and it's my fault. 
While I'd very much like a ban reduction I doubt it'll happen at this point and I can find another server. Thanks for trying to figure things out. (idk how long haste mode time is).
(10-03-2017, 04:36 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 04:28 PM)EpicGuy Wrote:

"It was a matter of "get angry and try to ghost first and check if malamoroni is dead later." " YOU'VE ADMITTED TO GHOSTING! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M READING THIS!

At this point, unless I'm completely reading into this incorrectly, which I might, I'd admit my wrongdoing and ask for a ban reduction. I've tried to play devil's advocate, but every time you admit to "attempted ghosting" or in this case flat-out ghosting. There's not much more that I can do.

Yeah, you're right. I keep on repeating what I've been saying. There are some things I'd like to clarify but I think I'll just leave them at that because this is kinda a mess and it's my fault. 
While I'd very much like a ban reduction I doubt it'll happen at this point and I can find another server. Thanks for trying to figure things out. (idk how long haste mode time is).

Hey, I'm all for a ban reduction. Camo brought up an interesting point that I hadn't considered. Like I said originally, I've played with you a handful of times and you haven't broken any rules or given me a reason to think of you like a muppet. However, a month or two break does seem fair given the circumstances. I do wish you the best.
(10-03-2017, 04:32 PM)Camo Wrote: My 2 cents, I remember when this happened. Heres what little I can give from my point of view. In game not much was going on. Everyone seemed to be behaving and everything was fine. I remember seeing a notification while I was alive of a new report. About 2 mins later penny steam chats me the link to that screenshot. I told him I would back him on anything further he has to do, as in Reporting it etc etc. So what had happened was he did get RDMd and reported in then after he filed the report was when he sent that PM. Its difficult for me because I played with Nar every morning for like the last month and I have had no issues and didn't see this coming. I feel like it was more of he thought the guy was Massing or something so he wanted to get him out of the game and just didn't do it the right way. Do I think he ghosted to get a T killed to help another player or his friends like some people do? No.

My advice to him, be patient. State your case and hope that it goes heard, then back away if you dont get immediate results. Come back in a month or two and try and talk to dakody again. An unban is not even possible if they think you have not, or will not, learn from any mistakes made.

Good luck buddy

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the advice.