Unban or reduced ban?
yo narancia is a good guy I've never had any trouble with him , me myself having made a ghosting mistake too i would hate to have another person permaed for a mistake that was not even intentionally ghosting, i think he msged scoovie, or penny whoever he did so that they could prevent them from rdming further.
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
(10-03-2017, 07:17 PM)[black]Tronald Wrote: yo narancia is a good guy I've never had any trouble with him , me myself having made a ghosting mistake too i would hate to have another person permaed for a mistake that was not even intentionally ghosting, i think he msged  scoovie, or penny whoever he did so that they could prevent them from rdming further.

You got banned too?
RIP man
[Image: fa5.gif]
Here fish goes again

I generally believe there are 3 tiers of offenders for any rule breaking type

1: Rule breaking that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought (trolls)

2: Is any intentional rule breaking that involves no prior intent to rule break, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a normally reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed" during gameplay session. (ie a 1 time argument leading to revenge rdm)

3: A broken rule that stems from a lack of intention to cause said rule break but involving an ignorant, broken logic, negligent, reckless act leading to the broken rule.

This appears to be second degree rule breakage
The problem with unbanning someone under this tier is if they dont change their emotional behavior it could happen again.

I would review all his posts and see if he has attempted to correct the emotional aspect (CORE) problem because while we want people to come back we dont want people who get too emotional during gameplay to ruin it for others.

So do you realize that this problem is emotionally fueled and what is your plan to prevent yourself from doing it again in the future?
When another T RDMs you on your T round what will you do instead in the future?
(10-03-2017, 07:59 PM)A Fish Wrote: Here fish goes again

I generally believe there are 3 tiers of offenders for any rule breaking type

1: Rule breaking that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought (trolls)

2: Is any intentional rule breaking that involves no prior intent to rule break, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a normally reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed" during gameplay session. (ie a 1 time argument leading to revenge rdm)

3: A broken rule that stems from a lack of intention to cause said rule break but involving an ignorant, broken logic, negligent, reckless act leading to the broken rule.

This appears to be second degree rule breakage
The problem with unbanning someone under this tier is if they dont change their emotional behavior it could happen again.

I would review all his posts and see if he has attempted to correct the emotional aspect (CORE) problem because while we want people to come back we dont want people who get too emotional during gameplay to ruin it for others.

So do you realize that this problem is emotionally fueled and what is your plan to prevent yourself from doing it again in the future?
When another T RDMs you on your T round   what will you do instead in the future?

Yeah, it was emotionally fueled. It shouldn't be a problem for me as the person who rdmed me left the server (probably permanently). I've never had a history of getting angry easily (just ask many of the people who I've played with). This was a one time incident.
The best course of action next time would be to just leave it at a report and hope whoever rdms me gets slain and I'll probably report them to the forums if they leave (provided I remember to).
There's a reason why I've been on this server for 100+ hours without once getting slain for intentional rdm.
I just reread the entire thread and I'm seriously dissapointed that no one really identified this as an emotionally driven problem
People are getting too caught up into the logistics of the rules and are ignoring the core problem.
That's like 3 pages of garbage i read through. I mean common.

He was RDMed (at least in his belief) and there for he acted out emotionally.

That's still intentional but its not premeditated. He diddn't come on the server thinking that he was going to rat out his t buddies.

FOCUS on this and less focus on the rule logistics please. Thanks.
(10-03-2017, 08:36 PM)A Fish Wrote: I just reread the entire thread and I'm seriously dissapointed that no one really identified this as an emotionally driven problem
People are getting too caught up into the logistics of the rules and are ignoring the core problem.
That's like 3 pages of garbage i read through.  I mean common.

He was RDMed (at least in his belief) and there for he acted out emotionally.

That's still intentional  but its not premeditated.  He diddn't come on the server thinking that he was going to rat out his t buddies.

FOCUS on this and less focus on the rule logistics please.   Thanks.

I appreciate your dedication to read the whole thing lol, do you study psychology or something of that vein or do you just have a small interest in it? Just wondering.
(10-03-2017, 08:30 PM)Narancia Ghirga Wrote: Yeah, it was emotionally fueled. It shouldn't be a problem for me as the person who rdmed me left the server (probably permanently). I've never had a history of getting angry easily (just ask many of the people who I've played with). This was a one time incident.
The best course of action next time would be to just leave it at a report and hope whoever rdms me gets slain and I'll probably report them to the forums if they leave (provided I remember to).
There's a reason why I've been on this server for 100+ hours without once getting for intentional rdm.

See now this thread is getting somewhere.

That's your best reconciliation for this.  What you said is the correct way of handling this.
@Scoovie
What's your opinion on this?
I'd like to add that if this instance (http://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/show...p?tid=2894) led a ban reduction, surely I could get one as well.
I wouldn't push it too much.
I mean I can provide a dozen instances where people have gotten their ban reduced after ghosting.
That's nothing new.

And people are always going to come on and say "Ghosting is always a perma ban"   Rolleyes

And 100% of the time they are handled on a case by case basis  :-/

for instance one guy  DoYouLifeBro did this....  twice... and was unbanned..... twice

He did it under emotional circumstances too  but the thing is he did it because he would get a little too excited about the game.
He would get soooo wrapped up into the game and excited and freaked out that he would use csay to call out t's

and like you proposed he had a lot of hours on the game as well
he has over 1100 hours on the server and was a moderator

SO the admins take into consideration a lot of things.

Merits, Time on server,  Time on forums, prior bans, general behavior on the server, behavior during the appeal, ETC.

I wouldn't be shocked if the ban was reduced but I wouldn't be shocked if they declined it for the time being.
And even if it is declined,  They don't typically forum ban you.  If you are sincere, Just stick around be active in the community participate in other dink servers and appeal it again at a later date. Earn merit, community time, forum time.  Become someone they want to invite back.
(10-04-2017, 06:23 AM)A Fish Wrote: I wouldn't push it too much.
I mean I can provide a dozen instances where people have gotten their ban reduced after ghosting.
That's nothing new.

And people are always going to come on and say "Ghosting is always a perma ban"   Rolleyes

And 100% of the time they are handled on a case by case basis  :-/

for instance one guy  DoYouLifeBro did this....  twice... and was unbanned..... twice

He did it under emotional circumstances too  but the thing is he did it because he would get a little too excited about the game.
He would get soooo wrapped up into the game and excited and freaked out that he would use csay to call out t's

and like you proposed he had a lot of hours on the game as well
he has over 1100 hours on the server and was a moderator

SO the admins take into consideration a lot of things.

Merits, Time on server,  Time on forums, prior bans, general behavior on the server, behavior during the appeal, ETC.

I wouldn't be shocked if the ban was reduced but I wouldn't be shocked if they declined it for the time being.
And even if it is declined,  They don't typically forum ban you.  If you are sincere, Just stick around be active in the community participate in other dink servers and appeal it again at a later date. Earn merit, community time, forum time.  Become someone they want to invite back.

Couldn't have said it better.