Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Requests
Through my time at staff on PH making ban requests has never been a really big thing. As all of us staff were friends and we simply messaged each other with evidence and got things done. 
Well that was done when we had a larger amount of upperstaff.
As of right now I think the lower staff of ph (as they out number the upper) should begin filling out ban requests.
During this time our lower staff simply message our upper, with most times no evidence and want us to ban. 
I'm hoping that through making ban requests prevalent back on ph, we can rid of that issue.
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
+1. Use ban request. The forums section is there for a reason. This was going to be discussed.
i mean im all up for this but if an upper staff member is already online, i think it would be reasonable to justask them to get on, not call them out of the blue
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
Well, first off, when i ask an upper staff to ban someone i usually give them the evidence. Filling a ban request is more work, when i can simply call a upper staff member in to ban the person.
But if it is really needed, i dont mind doing some extra work.
this was officially official.

[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-07-2017, 11:54 PM)[red]erikdamian Wrote: Well, first off, when i ask an upper staff to ban someone i usually give them the evidence. Filling a ban request is more work, when i can simply call a upper staff member in to ban the person.

Yes our old system worked. The problem is, our proportion of upper staff to lower staff. You guys just got TMOD. It will be another month or two before any of you guys get moderator.
There are only four of us. We will not always be on while you guys are on. 
The ban requests would make the system easier and more reliable.
+1 for system like in TTT.
If staff is on, get them in server to handle it.
If not, Post in Ph Ban Requests.
Ban Requests do not take too long and provide documentation in case of an unban appeal.
(10-08-2017, 12:18 AM)mkkay671 Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 11:54 PM)[red]erikdamian Wrote: Well, first off, when i ask an upper staff to ban someone i usually give them the evidence. Filling a ban request is more work, when i can simply call a upper staff member in to ban the person.

Yes our old system worked. The problem is, our proportion of upper staff to lower staff. You guys just got TMOD. It will be another month or two before any of you guys get moderator.

Ok, but... what will happen with the on-call staff on discord?
this was officially official.

[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-08-2017, 08:49 PM)[red]erikdamian Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 12:18 AM)mkkay671 Wrote:

Ok, but... what will happen with the on-call staff on discord?

That still will be used. The point of this is for when staff aren't online....
Reason for this is, upper staff can't always be active. There are so few of us at PH, that if a issue were to occur early on, the best way to handle it would be ban request. Ban request are there, because of INTENDED use. If they felt as if we wouldn't use it, the forum section wouldn't be there. For example, I had to take a break and do things outside the server. I just recently started being active again from said things. Roger, was also in the same situation he just recently came back.. That leaves Mk, and Tori.. They have school and shit like that. They can't be as active, no matter how bad they want to be. On-call staff, only works when you join discord. I am rarely on discord, do to inactivity at random spurts I don't feel the need to be on it. Once I am for sure I will be CONSISTENTLY active I will be able to have a more flexible schedule for on-call staff positions. Simply enough, ban request are a very important part of handling those situations in the community. You don't only have to be staff to make ban request!! Anyone can! With the right proof, and information needed all will go fine, the person will be banned if it's justified. Also, messaging your friends on steam with evidence, yeah that is enough in some cases if we are online..but we really want to stress the use of the forum ban requests. Reasons behind it? You are a staff member and maybe want to apply/be promoted one day yeah? Well a good bit of forum time can come from ban request. It makes you look better as a staff member because it shows you know how to handle yourself when someone is acting up.