Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaging Detective Turrets
I think it should be kosable if anyone damages a detective turret because it is a piece of detective equipment. Just like a health station or tester, the turret is detective equipment, this is why it makes more sense to have the kos rules apply to all detective equipment as it is something they purchased with their credit and watching someone slowly damage your turret and not being able to kill them until it is actually destroyed.

This seems like maybe a nuance rule that was overseen, but it just doesn't make sense to me.
It is kosable.
Uhm... In chat type !motd...
Intel Inside. ©
It was only kosable when the turret was destroyed when we still had the Peace Sentries. However, we probably will need to discuss if we want to change it with the new turret or not.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
It is not specified in the motd... lol

I know this because I got slain for killing someone who damaged my sentries just today. Either way, when it's discussed I think it should be taken into consideration that sentries are detective equipment that detectives are choosing to spend a credit on, so when you can't kill someone who damages your equipment, that equipment will just become obsolete because nobody will want to buy something that anybody can damage without consequence.
(10-30-2017, 07:45 PM)Panzer Cop Wrote: It is not specified in the motd... lol

I know this because I got slain for killing someone who damaged my sentries just today. Either way, when it's discussed I think it should be taken into consideration that sentries are detective equipment that detectives are choosing to spend a credit on, so when you can't kill someone who damages your equipment, that equipment will just become obsolete because nobody will want to buy something that anybody can damage without consequence.

I'll re clarify it in the MOTD when we get the chance to discuss it.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
As it stands the only detective items you can be kos'd simply for damaging are HEALTH STATIONS, and TESTERS.
Everything else (for now) needs to be fully destroyed.
I.e.
" Damaging a tester or health station"
and
"Rendering detective equipment unusable"
In the "Reasons to call a Kill-On-Sight" section of the MOTD.

How ever personally; I am open to adding turrets and cameras to the "damaged" excerpt. With turrets being considered a "survival essential" of sorts. Cameras being more on the fragile side.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
(10-30-2017, 07:31 PM)Lucian Wrote: Uhm... In chat type !motd...

My bad... I confused damaged for destroyed...
Intel Inside. ©
Ya if someone is damaging your shit when you're a detective, you should be able to shoot them. Because either a.) They're a T trying to destroy your shit b.) They memeing but even one crowbar hit is a crowbar hit closer to it getting destroyed. You dont't want the Ts having the turret or camera you bought with a credit get destroyed any easier. And besides, if the Detective spent a credit on it, then if someone tries to break my shit, ima break them.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
After discussion, we've decided that we will keep the same rule regarding sentries. At least for now. However, I will be updating this into the MOTD ASAP.