Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlas Chat
So, HatsChat is pretty outdated on the server.  There is HatsChat 2, but there is a better option. I present thee: Atlas Chat.  Atlas Chat is a better overall chat system for a few reasons.

1. Atlas Chat is cheaper.  HatsChat 2 costs $15, while Atlas Chat comes in at a much lesser $14.99. Ok, so it's only a penny cheaper, but hey, saving is saving.

2. More Features.  HatsChat only has the ability to change to colored text, and you have to manually add the colors you want to use, too(aka the [red] or [blue] type thing).  Atlas Chat has a lot more options.  You can have color changing txt, backwards text, text that has a scanning bar over it, but most importantly, it can do colored text with any RGB value in game, without manually adding them.

3. MySQL support.  I'm pretty sure you can have the HatsChat data saved into MySQL, however, Atlas Chat makes it much easier.  Adding Atlas Chat to MySQL is all done in game in one of the menus. 

4. Player Titles.  So, besides the Rank Titles, like Moderator or Regular, Atlash Chat allows individuals to have their own title along with their rank title.  Now I bring this up because I belive this could be a great way to get donations.  By donating a certain amount, a person can get their own tag in game. the only thing we'll have to figure out is some sort of ticket system so people who donated can get their tag changed when they want to.

Cons. Of course there are some cons, like everything has.  The biggest one I think is that you can not change the color of your name. So something like <c=255,0,0>Starky</c> wouldn't work. Also doing the things to change the text can be a little annoying too, but that just needs some getting used to and I'll post a guide about it if we switch over.
+1 to everything. Would be pretty nice.  The only ones with power to change tags should be co-owner+, but if they donate and get the tag the only problem is, before giving it to them I would need the proof of donation so on like you said a ticket...or me having access to proof of transaction. This is all up to @"Dinkleberg >:("
(11-08-2017, 12:33 AM)[Red]Starky Wrote: +1 to everything. Would be pretty nice.  The only ones with power to change tags should be co-owner+, but if they donate and get the tag the only problem is, before giving it to them I would need the proof of donation so on like you said a ticket...or me having access to proof of transaction. This is all up to @"Dinkleberg >:("

Yeah that would need to be figured out, but I think admin+ or even mod+ should be able to change tags.
+1 Looks like it could be a cool contribution to PH
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
i mean im still going to keep my name just cause it seems fitting and also for the sake of GT but yeah sure why not
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky