Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KOS for passing an UnId rule
So as the rule states "Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion" I believe this is bullshit but also controversial and heres why.
Someone as dumb as myself were to walk around lets say trying to push off some manhacks and not paying attention to the surrounding bodies and there so happens to be a unidentified body in their visible area, and as soon someone sees you next to that body even though you might not have noticed it they KOS you and your fucked.
There should atleast be a reasonable amount of time or a warning before you blast their ass, but heres the problem with this, if you seen someone casually walking passed multiple UnIds and if you were to warn them they could Id the bodies and go on with their killing spree. But then theres people like me who dont pay immediate attention to a body because it may not be as important as a situation currently unfolding and leaving the situation up to staff whether it was RDM or not is usually gonna result in them saying it wasnt because its harder for someone to prove this so more time is taken from the gameplay and is pointless to punish someone over. 

Just wanted to bring this up because this was a reoccuring issue for me, Have a nice day
Yeah, no. If you're so invested in launching manhacks that you can't hear people dying close to you, I'd recommend paying more attention. I don't have to give you a reasonable amount of time to ID the bodies, if you're walking past them. If I see you walk past unIDed bodies, I'm going to assume that you killed them and you chose not to ID them. Dying to not IDing bodies happens to all of us.
(11-28-2017, 09:27 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: Yeah, no. If you're so invested in launching manhacks that you can't hear people dying close to you, I'd recommend paying more attention. I don't have to give you a reasonable amount of time to ID the bodies, if you're walking past them. If I see you walk past unIDed bodies, I'm going to assume that you killed them and you chose not to ID them. Dying to not IDing bodies happens to all of us.

by pushing off I meant fighting off
(11-28-2017, 10:22 PM)Chafe Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 09:27 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: Yeah, no. If you're so invested in launching manhacks that you can't hear people dying close to you, I'd recommend paying more attention. I don't have to give you a reasonable amount of time to ID the bodies, if you're walking past them. If I see you walk past unIDed bodies, I'm going to assume that you killed them and you chose not to ID them. Dying to not IDing bodies happens to all of us.

by pushing off I meant fighting off

Oh. Well that's different. Each case is different, so yeah it would be up to the staff in that case to see whether or not you just stepped into the room or if you were actively attacking manhacks. There's a decent amount to consider.
If you dont id a body its obviously traitorous, i don't see the problem here
If you walk away from an unID'd body then you are going to get KOS'd kinda simple.
As long as the Victim / player could have possibly seen the body, there is no RDM here. However, it is different if the body cannot be seen or is not visible (this usually applies to crowded corners, or dark rooms where it may be obvious the victim / player is not looking in those areas.)
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Like the second part says, it's up to staff's discretion. For me, I wouldn't slay someone especially if they're fighting manhacks... Unless you have amazing internet/nolag or parkour to ID bodies without getting hurt, go ahead. In many cases, I would consider it as suspicion and kill on overtime. But I wouldn't kos them right off the bat.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.