Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our security: Controversy
I understand that people, when they expect to staff, do not expect ads. Is there a way to enable them for staff who do not mind helping push ad revenue for the server? Much like being in the On Call Staff (optional, helpful, shows you care).

I would love to see ads again if it meant more revenue meant the safety for our community.
Pandas are cute as hell, don't you forget that.

[Image: x1iAjZQ.gif]

[Image: 76561198228770820.png]
I am fine with Ads as long as 

1.) they are not louder then every other thing in the game. 

2.) They 100% play when you join the game and when a new maps starts. It is annoying when both the ads are louder then both the game and people you are talking with *and* they play in the middle of a round since it didnt play the first 15 seconds you waited for it to pop up and pause. 

if these problems are fixed i am 100% ok with non donators having them show and donators and staff having a choice if they will show.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
Ok, I watched the entire video and read your post. I don't know what the hell all this means but I'm just glad you're looking out for us. Thank you Fish for all that you do. Please continue to do the stuff on there and whatnot for all the plebs like me that don't know how to protect themselves.
lets see how long it takes to get SSL certification
*clock starts now*
Thank you so much for all you do for us! We really do appreciate all your hard work!!
(12-05-2017, 06:47 PM)Karma Wrote: lets see how long it takes to get SSL certification
*clock starts now*
What was your intention behind this post? To see how fast we can get an SSL certification?
(12-04-2017, 05:01 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: The Problem with SSL jokes is that you must get someone else to vouch for you before you can tell the joke.

*Cricket Cricket Cricket* Nobody got it.
i have an ssl from comodo CA but its not working with the forums. you log into a blank page.
it works with the ttt bans though. I dont know why. thats why i stressed about a trial first.

i need time to work on it and its extremely disruptive when i do. so i try to do it early like 5am

also apparently with our security right now
the words
"hav.ing" "fu.n".
next to each other is blocked
it thinks those words together is a conditional SQL injection attempt.

Like i said in the staff forums. we use the same/similar security as the gmodstore however ours is a little more sensitive.
They built their forums. We did not build ours.
They know their vulnerability's and strengths because they built their platform
They know better then i ever can for mybb to properly fine tune this thing.

I can try to calm it down a little

(12-06-2017, 07:35 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote:
(12-04-2017, 05:01 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: The Problem with SSL jokes is that you must get someone else to vouch for you before you can tell the joke.

*Cricket Cricket Cricket* Nobody got it.

I got the joke
i think CA's are bullshit

there IS a  place thats trying do the open SSL enrollment thing   as a community project   but no browser trusts it yet.

There should be a new method.   

Its not like they provide the encryption software.   Now THAT would be something.   but all it is is domain verification.