Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overtime/Hastemode addon
Hello,
About two years ago we made an overtime addon for a different server. It puts OVERTIME atop the screen. I used the Wolfenstein font because well why not. It can use other fonts though. and can play sounds too. It helps players be more aware of Overtime and that's important, because the rules change. I am willing to share this addon. I have never looked at selling this addon. I even had it free on Garrysmods a while back. I have never had an issues or errors with it and it's pretty easy to customize. If you think it would be a good addition to your TTT server, let me know.
It says on your screen already that it is overtime. It may be small, but most players are aware of time.
Im not to sure how helpful this will be.
Also can you show a picture of how big it is. People could be upset because of the amount of their screen taken up by the "Overtime" heading.
former admin2
So, how would this work? Would it just be a notification that pops up for a couple seconds then goes away, or would it just permanently be at the top of the screen for the rest of the match?

If it stays there the entire overtime, I could see this being an unwelcome addition depending on the screen space it takes up, as sometimes overtime can last twice as long as the regular match. That said, I could see a small, temporary pop-up accompanied by a short audio cue being somewhat useful, but overall don't see it as something particularly needed. Haven't really noticed people needing reminders of overtime, most of the errors I see players (and myself) make are using overtime rules before overtime (killing for sus) and don't really see this helping that situation much.
It's customizable. You can change font, font size, and whatnot. We found it a lot more useful than we thought it would be at first. It really helps traitors and newer players realize they need to act and somewhat prevent long overtimes. If you don't want to use it, don't, but I fail to see how this would hurt or hinder the server.
Now, the only time I ever see a timer in the middle of my screen is if it's PurgeRP. So, I'm against this idea, I do not need another time blocking my view.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
idk maybe there is some way to change the color of the already present "overtime" on the standard hud, that would be a nice since it would be something that contrasts with the background and is different the the normal so it would be easy to see/tell/know it's overtime and faster.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(12-13-2017, 11:33 AM)Petals Wrote: Now, the only time I ever see a timer in the middle of my screen is if it's PurgeRP. So, I'm against this idea, I do not need another time blocking my view.

To clarify this is not a timer. It just says "overtime" in the top middle of the screen once overtime starts. It could go away after some time, but it is not there nor does it add anything there until overtime starts.
(12-13-2017, 10:25 PM)Sam Maxis Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 11:33 AM)Petals Wrote: Now, the only time I ever see a timer in the middle of my screen is if it's PurgeRP. So, I'm against this idea, I do not need another time blocking my view.

To clarify this is not a timer. It just says "overtime" in the top middle of the screen once overtime starts. It could go away after some time, but it is not there nor does it add anything there until overtime starts.

I put timer because overtime. But either way, for me it's still a no.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
(12-14-2017, 03:50 PM)Petals Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:25 PM)Sam Maxis Wrote:

I put timer because overtime. But either way, for me it's still a no.

That's fine I can respect that. I've played Purge RP and yeah the whole timer on screen all the time is rather annoying.