Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change The Overtime Bonus for Traitors
i was thinking. blackcat was saying that the overtime is for large maps. would it be possible to change the time allotted per kill based on the map that is bing played?
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
Ya, it seems every server uses haste mode, i dont think i have ever played non haste mode. A set ten minutes wouldnt be to bad and woul dmaybe make rounds go faster since T's dont have the extra time and they have a deadline.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(12-13-2017, 10:22 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: This might get some hate, but keep in mind this is just a suggestion.  Instad of Haste mode, the game could just be on a time limit for, let's say, 10 minutes, and at like the 5 min mark could be when "overtime" starts.  That way the rounds won't ever go too long.

I'm not sure that this can be done. I don't think it's a bad idea. I just think TTT isn't designed that way. From my old server.cfg which changes the gamemodes core values I had on another server:

ttt_haste_starting_minutes "5" -This determines the round time IF you have haste mode enabled which Dinkleburg's TTT does

ttt_haste_minutes_per_death "0.25" -This translates to 15 seconds per kill death. My mistake in the OP. It is per death not kill.

If you don't have have hastemode, the roundtime is changed by ttt_roundtime_minutes

Unfortunately there isn't a value to add a base hastemode time rather than rewarding time for deaths. I don't think it's a bad idea though if there was a way to change that.
hhhhmmmmm, a problem with non haste mode is that innos would know how much time is left right???IDK either way we can try both, less time reward per death or non haste mode with set time.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(12-13-2017, 10:32 PM)Sam Maxis Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:22 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: This might get some hate, but keep in mind this is just a suggestion.  Instad of Haste mode, the game could just be on a time limit for, let's say, 10 minutes, and at like the 5 min mark could be when "overtime" starts.  That way the rounds won't ever go too long.

I'm not sure that this can be done. I don't think it's a bad idea. I just think TTT isn't designed that way. From my old server.cfg which changes the gamemodes core values I had on another server:

ttt_haste_starting_minutes "5" -This determines the round time IF you have haste mode enabled which Dinkleburg's TTT does

ttt_haste_minutes_per_death "0.25" -This translates to 15 seconds per kill death. My mistake in the OP. It is per death not kill.

If you don't have have hastemode, the roundtime is changed by ttt_roundtime_minutes

Unfortunately there isn't a value to add a base hastemode time rather than rewarding time for deaths. I don't think it's a bad idea though if there was a way to change that.

It can be done.  The mode itself is haste mode. Disableing it will make it just a timer.
(12-13-2017, 10:35 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: It can be done.  The mode itself is haste mode. Disableing it will make it just a timer.

Then there is no overtime. It's just a round timer.
Keep in mind overtime needs to be kept for things such as "Claiming Territories / Area's" and "Performing a Life Check" If anything, I think the time added per death just needs to be tweaked a lil.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(12-13-2017, 10:51 PM)Christian Wrote: Keep in mind overtime needs to be kept for things such as "Claiming Territories / Area's" and "Performing a Life Check" If anything, I think the time added per death just needs to be tweaked a lil.

Well if we do it by a timer we can use this to show it's overtime at a specific time.
(12-13-2017, 10:56 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:51 PM)Christian Wrote: Keep in mind overtime needs to be kept for things such as "Claiming Territories / Area's" and "Performing a Life Check" If anything, I think the time added per death just needs to be tweaked a lil.

Well if we do it by a timer we can use this to show it's overtime at a specific time.

That addon would have to be changed to instead fire the overtime text at a time rather then when hastemode is true.
Overtime starts 5 minutes into a round if there are enough people on for the round to last 5+ minutes. But changing the time added for killing would be so amazing. It would be so good to not have 15 minute rounds