Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a problem.
I just wanted to add that late last week Verizon Wireless customers started to notice something suspicious Videos from Netflix and YouTube were slow.

Verizon Wireless wouldn't explain why. When reporters asked the company first said it was just a temporary network test with no impact on user experience. But later Verizon admitted that it was indeed “optimizing” video streams.

So that is how we lose freedom.... twisted words like "optimizing" videos.
i just want to bump this. i dont care if i get a warning for necroing this is something that has to be stated once more as the vote is going through tomorrow
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
(12-13-2017, 10:25 PM)[black]Tronald Wrote: i just want to bump this. i dont care if i get a warning for necroing this is something that has to be stated once more as the vote is going through tomorrow

this is a very good reason why you shouldn't be yelled at for necroing. Tomorrow marks the most important decision of our generation and it's very scary, but i have no doubt everything will be okay in the end.
The vermin never give up. If the resolution does pass, we must remain united and pressure those who vote for it out. Make sure that they know it's not tolerable.
(12-13-2017, 10:37 PM)Sam Maxis Wrote: The vermin never give up. If the resolution does pass, we must remain united and pressure those who vote for it out. Make sure that they know it's not tolerable.

Is that the flag of the Austro-Hungarian Empire?
(12-14-2017, 12:37 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 10:37 PM)Sam Maxis Wrote: The vermin never give up. If the resolution does pass, we must remain united and pressure those who vote for it out. Make sure that they know it's not tolerable.

Is that the flag of the Austro-Hungarian Empire?

Yes it is. Only I can't figure out where to change my name on the forums. My name is supposed to be Austria-Hungary
Update: FCC repealed the Obama era rules. This is a huge loss for the internet, but we can't give up now.
relevant thread here
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
This is something that is going to go on for ages to come i predict.

It will sway back and forth depending on whoever's administration at the time.

Unless net neutrality somehow becomes like the 28th amendment to the american constitution, written in stone as an american right, i don't see an end to the war on either side.

I expect to see an increase in use of vpn's to encrypt and hide data and behavior from the isp's
ISP's wont block VPNs because too many people need them for work.

Its not going to be an immediate thing. It will be a gradual process. But once they block something you use or like you will need a work around.

But if things dont change expect to use VPN's to bypass isp rules.

One way or another expect to shell out some extra money on something. either to the ISP for "permissions" or an encryption service

However its also possible for an isp to charge extra for VPN useage perhaps as a business tier.

But right now lets just take for instance how i use the internet on a cellphone.
I dont have phone service on my cell just internet.
I use the MagicApp and use VOIP (phone calls over internet) which gives me unlimited calls and unlimited mins to us and canada with unlimited texting for JUST 20$-30$ for an entire year , plus i have a custom vanity number. This saves me hundreds per year perhaps hundreds per month. Vanity numbers are not cheap.

Now they can block MagicJack app on their network and force me to pay for cellphone number and mins because of the conflict of interest.
They can pin my VOIP to just WIFI.

Apple used to do this with their iphones but they got away with it because they did it at apple's end and not the carriers end.
So APPLE blocked the magicjack app over cellular data, not the cellphone company itself. They knew how to circumvent the law and play us as fools.

Now this underhanded, third party restriction is unnecessary. ISP can do it themselves now.

I see this backfiring politically. There are people who will prioritize net neutrality over the multitude of other political beliefs, probably without knowing whats going on.
Watch
We are a nation of people who like our luxuries and entitlements and want immediate satisfaction.
The majority of people will probably care more about their facebook and youtube then what ever "nonsense" being debated.

I predict that people would rather want the immediate satisfaction of having unrestricted access to things like youtube and facebook over delayed rewards like tax cuts.