Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
time/level got reset
(12-18-2017, 11:31 PM)penguinslayer4 Wrote: I talked to one of my tech friends and he said our problem sounds like one of these things is happening;

1. data isn't saving properly,
2. something is overriding the information it has stored,
or,
3. something isn't getting the datafrom the database first, which is causing it to just write the new empty data into the database. Which is causing the reset.

However, he has no idea how to fix this as he doesn't have a lot of experience with messing with Lua and MySQL coding.

Not sure if anyone knows how to check to see if one of these things is happening but thought I would share anyways in case this is the issue.

i feel like its number 3 which is why i tried a timer but see theres is no such thing as empty data with utime because utime ticks like a clock there is no null data for it so i cant add a null data check
new data occurs the moment you enter. it starts at 0 seconds and begins to tick tock and what is supposed to happen is it loads your REAL data under normal circumstances this happens faster then you can see infact it happens while on the loading screen.

Its really a crude idea to add the timer that i did    and only works in certain senereos   like if someone is loading slow or the sql reboots

Ive coded test scenereos where servers crash  or hang   and all sorts of problems like clients crash or hand    and  my fixes worked for my tests.
Seriously  ive coded all the possible bad things i can think of to happen as tests     and my edit of utime passed them all

im  even talking  coding millisecond reconnect  hard crashes and showed dink with verbose logging.
I did my best to try to confuse the hell out of the script and it passed my gauntlet

I was offered compensation because of how promising the test results were for it but i declined.
There is something more to it.     which is why my new idea is on the nfo refresh.  refreshing scripts while running    that could do it.
Oh thats fine when editing the lua   for a gun    but   not for mysql.

XP howver had a blank data glitch   where you cn load as level 0 and if you got even 1 exp it would set you yo level 1 and thus reset.

i coded the null data check for xp   so it dosnt explain how that happened.   and they happen at the same time

gmod is also very fucked up with sql      it connects with a random ip     ANY ip that the server has access to

it leaves unclosed connections    lots of ip changes

right now we have like 40 stagnant connections that will time out on the server side because of how gmod and nfo works
Many many ips asking for data.

The forums because its not fucking gmod   works correctly  because it opens   then closes a connection the moment its done
mybb is well written for sql  NO STAGNANT CONNECTIONS FOR 7  DAYS

Messages In This Thread
time/level got reset - by Santa Shwaggins - 12-17-2017, 10:46 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by A Fish - 12-18-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by Santa Shwaggins - 12-18-2017, 09:02 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by penguinslayer4 - 12-18-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by A Fish - 12-18-2017, 06:12 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by penguinslayer4 - 12-18-2017, 08:29 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by A Fish - 12-18-2017, 09:48 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by penguinslayer4 - 12-18-2017, 11:31 PM
RE: time/level got reset - by A Fish - 12-19-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: time/level got reset - by Mallakk - 12-18-2017, 11:33 PM