Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observation/Criticism of Ban Appeal Replies
(12-18-2017, 06:25 PM)A Fish Wrote: let me say something in defense of the current way its handled
while its not perfect today,    its not like the past where people were encouraged by the former co-owner to flame and disrespect people

It was pretty extreme.   Threads made to dedicated in making fun of someone who was banned.   But the server is evolving   its an ongoing project.

Things are a lot better now   but its true they need to work on it some more.

Its entertaining perhaps to pwn someone who might deserve it with pictures and insults and memes    but it dosn't look good.
unprofessional

They need better methods of letting off "staffing fatigue" then to take it out on someones unban request.

That's good to hear that things improved. Sometimes people deserve it, but that doesn't mean you should. EG: The President of Venezuella may deserve to be hit by a tomahawk missile and have his grave pissed on, but that doesn't mean you should.
In the end its just a game server. it has a large amount of people with varying degree's of ages, maturity and experience
Ive been running and making sevrers for 20 years. I'm like the old fart here that lectures people to get off his lawn.

Ive done the "strictly professional" community before and its not something you can just DO everyone has to be ready for it

We treated each person like a paying customer like an MMO like WoW i ran the place like a business.

Its something easier to do when you start from scratch with people that are in agreement and willing to participate in that manor
But you cannot convert a server to something it wasnt like that and wasnt intended to be like that overnight.
I mean look at the name of the server, Its a meme. Its not VALVE or IGN or BLIZZARD. its a stupid fucking kids show we watched when we grew up.

It requires alot more then jusrt willingness. The reward / work factor is a bid deal. these guys handle bullshit reports all day and night.
Its unrewarding and its work. you get harassed and pushed around all day.

When i say the staff here need an fatigue outlet i seriously mean it. We lack rewards for hard work.
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF IT.

I dont know what to say because its gmod or ttt. its not like a rpg server or minecraft where i can reward the hard workers with something.

Even PS2 points only go so far i mean admins can already have everything because... honestly... commands, and mods already have most of the stuff because of their long play times
Theres not much to work towards. the ranks lower then tmod show slightly more restraint because they are either scared or are trying to get moderator. i mean thats at least some kind of goal. Some dont care because they either straight just dont care or dont want to progress in their rank or feel its unreachable.

If someone can come up with an idea on how to destress our hardworking staff please give some ideas.
(12-18-2017, 08:40 PM)A Fish Wrote: In the end   its just a game server.   it has a large amount of people with varying degree's of ages, maturity and experience
Ive been running and making sevrers for 20 years.   I'm like the old fart here that lectures people to get off his lawn.

Ive done the "strictly professional"   community before    and its not something you can just DO    everyone has to be ready for it

We treated each person like a paying customer    like an MMO like WoW   i ran the place like a business.

Its something easier to do when you start from scratch with people that are in agreement and willing to participate in that manor
But you cannot convert a server to something it wasnt like that  and wasnt intended to be like that overnight.
I mean  look at the name of the server,  Its a meme.  Its not VALVE  or IGN  or BLIZZARD.    its a stupid fucking kids show we watched when we grew up.

It requires alot more then jusrt willingness.   The reward / work factor is a bid deal.   these guys handle bullshit reports all day and night.
Its unrewarding   and its work.   you get harassed and pushed around all day.

When i say the staff here need an fatigue outlet    i seriously mean it.    We lack rewards for hard work.
THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF IT.

I dont know what to say because its gmod or ttt.   its not like a rpg server or minecraft where i can reward the hard workers with something.

Even PS2 points only go so far    i mean   admins can already have everything because... honestly... commands,    and mods already have most of the stuff because of their long play times
Theres not much to work towards.   the ranks lower then tmod show slightly more restraint because they are either scared or are trying to get moderator.   i mean thats at least some kind of goal.   Some dont care because they either straight just dont care or dont want to progress in their rank or feel its unreachable.

If someone can come up with an idea on how to destress our hardworking staff    please give some ideas.

I do respect your experience, but I'm not suggesting you change from a semi-serious TTT server to a serious TTT server overnight. I'm mainly critiquing that basic respect should be mutual and that neither giving petty insults towards an admin or a banned player is the right thing to do. A community's behavior does not change overnight, but people can recognize , forgive, and reconcile differences on their own as individuals fairly quickly off they so choose.

Staff fatigue can be a real problem. I think it' really just a drip from Gmod fatigue. I mean the game is old and feels less adaptive with each passing year. I think that is a different discussion though I see it's relevance here.
Very good points, especially good for someone not staff to get into this conversation. A lot of people tend to think they are right and act with disdain toward other players.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
(12-18-2017, 10:09 PM)Austria-Hungary Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 08:40 PM)A Fish Wrote: bla bla

I do respect your experience, but I'm not suggesting you change from a semi-serious TTT server to a serious TTT server overnight. I'm mainly critiquing that basic respect should be mutual and that neither giving petty insults towards an admin or a banned player is the right thing to do. A community's behavior does not change overnight, but people can recognize , forgive, and reconcile differences on their own as individuals fairly quickly off they so choose.

Staff fatigue can be a real problem. I think it' really just a drip from Gmod fatigue. I mean the game is old and feels less adaptive with each passing year. I think that is a different discussion though I see it's relevance here.

while i have 7 weeks of gmod experience here   gmod for me is actually new.  At one point i actually owned a gmod server that i never even looked at or played on even once.
I'm a genuine business man who only calculates growth and productivity in the monochrome color of green.

I did not know what gmod really was untill a year or 2 ago.   gmod is source and is the same engine as csgo.   
CS Go is old as hell too,   or even team fortress 2.  but its a serious business with all those skins and such.    
Go grab mommys credit card    you need a blue camo gun or some stupid hat.

To me gmod dosn't feel old but the moderator work itself does.   thats why i changed my focus from moderation to development.
I had to do something or i would have left like all the other oldies.  We had some staff that met my requirements for serious promotions.
I dont know how we let people like medic50 or eagle go.    Very upsetting. 

Honestly i cant stand the reports anymore.   Petty arguments over gray area rules.... Dumb Shit.   Unless its a really serious straight forward rdm, they can go fuck off and learn to deal with it.  Sooooo I really dont play now.   I just run the database and make sure the forums are secure.  The Backend sysadmin.

I found a new outlet and put my experience and focus someplace else.

Its not like playing but it lets me be apart of the community    without the burnout   and server administration is a serious carrier even.
and you cant tell me the the admins and co-owners here are not suffering from some serious burn out.
Look at dakody he could have spent all this time on a better hobby like sniffing wolves assholes deep within a forrest.

I get excited when we open new servers   but im not interested in most of them game wise   other then DR    i actually like DR but it needs more people
Zombie survival would kick ass too.   I would play that.
@A Fish

I won't get into disagreeing with you on a point by point basis because I understand how you feel and this is all very opinionated. There's a lot of truth in what you say and if that's how you feel, than well that's the way it is. I don't agree on all counts, but it's mainly because I feel differently on the specifics. I believe your work has great value and is greatly appreciated by members of the community. I applaud you on your work and your continued existence. Thanks for being civil and bringing up points that somewhat counter mine. It sounds like we could have a healthy debate privately sometime xD
oh ask anyone here debates is what i live for. I don't care what someones rank is my debates are strong. I don't care what the subject is. I'll convince you your mother was a rock. Because that's my IRL job. Win at any cost because IRL when I lose it can cost millions in fees and fines for my company. US Customs broker. The fine for importing Ozone-Depleting Substances like CFC's is like hundreds of thousands per ounce. But I'm mister fix it.... or mister fuck it depending on your POV.
also i got to ask since when were unban requests closed so early and when did these fuckers start making decisions faster then an engorged male and the local street walker.
Bans certainly happen much faster then unbans which make me consider if they take into consideration the opinion of the people who play here.

it takes like an unban a whole month of moaning and groaning to reduce down to a month doubling the realistic ban length but a ban? instantaneous.

actually its like they have an admin menstrual cycle. When their late your banned for a month. and if their not you reapply in a month.

I feel like i need to get some pregnancy tests kits for them so we can find out if its a ban or not

and theirs always one mother fucker who cant read the directions and pisses on the wrong end.