Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Application
So, I've been thinking. I have far over 100 hours on the server, but not the forum time needed to submit a staff application. That's why this is such an informal application. I didn't know where else to post this, so here it is. 

Once I get my forum time, I do plan on posting a staff application, but a few people did get me thinking. I only recently began playing on the server again. I took a break for a few months, and somebody told me I should play a little more before applying again. I wanted to get a few people to reply to this seeing their opinions on me as a staff member. I have submitted a previous staff application that got denied because of a lack of forum time. However, I was also a moderator on a previous server for a large amount of time, and I was known for being silly more than anything.

This sounds bad, but I used to use the teleport command to teleport above the skybox and hang around there until somebody either picked me off or until I was the last one, where I then used the suicide command. Nobody on the server at the time saw it as an abuse of power, but I don't know how it would sound here. Because I did things like this, a lot of people on the previous server liked me. Unfortunately, that server is no more.

I want those silly times back, and I want to be able to enforce the rules. It's a pet peeve of mine when there are no moderators online to ban or slay people. Being me, I would be online quite a bit, and I already know how to use the powers and commands. 

I also imagine the first person to reply to this will be Deadpool, and he will likely give a +0 because he doesn't know me too well. Which I will change, Deadpool.  Cool
I would say wait at least a month if you have been gone for a long time. Also Deadpool wasn't the first to reply lol.
(01-03-2018, 11:26 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: I would say wait at least a month if you have been gone for a long time. Also Deadpool wasn't the first to reply lol.

Dang, I guessed wrong. That's okay, he'll respond eventually. Thanks for the feedback.
I think you just need to work on your community time, and just work on some things to make you stand out for the position. Usually posting Ban Requests on players can usually help in making you standout. As long as you maintain consistent activity and work on the slight feedback I gave you, I think you'd be a candidate for the position in the near future.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
Make a name for yourself, above all else. No one will support you if they don't know who you are
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Hi, yes, Deadpool here.
I'd say wait a bit, since you just came back and stay active and consistent for a while too.
Also make ban requests to make a name for yourself on the server.
If you do that, you would be a good candidate for trusted.
former admin2
I agree with starky, a good month of playtime and learning the community first would put you on the right track

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
i cant say anything on your personality but you are active on forums which is huge plus. all i have to say, i let the people who know you be the better judge of you
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
I'm sure I've seen you on the server, but honestly, I don't know who you are. Like Foxha said, make a name for yourself. Chat with other players, joke around with the mic and in text chat, and make your presence known. You've gotta get to know some community members before making an application.

Having previous experience as a mod is great, though I wouldn't suggest doing any teleporting unless someone is stuck. For the most part, using commands improperly is a no-no. That doesn't mean you can't have fun or be silly though. I love to have fun as a staff member and it has never required me to improperly use my staff powers. Using a mic is just as effective as command abuse when it comes to fun.

The Pre-Application was a good idea. I tried something like this a few years ago. It's a great way to grab some feedback without any risks.

I'd wait a little while longer before making a staff application.