Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Martial Arts
Alright, so I have noticed in the community we have several people who are interest in and/or take a form of Martial Arts. So I thought I would make a thread and see if anyone had any personal experiences where they have used the knowledge they have learned to help themselves or someone else in a time of need. And if you had any tips on what to do in certain situations.

Even if you dont take martial arts or have an interest in it I figured this would be a good thing to read in case you are ever put in a compromising position.

I, myself, take hapkido where we focus more on defenses and pressure points. But the moment I would like to share is actually from a free seminar I went to back in June for a Jui Jitsu group cause I feel it would be helpful to anyone like me who is short and easy to pick up.

What they taught me is this; If someone throws you over their shoulder wrap your arm around their neck and grab your shirt. Then wrap your legs around them and slide down. This is called a Guillotine chokehold and cuts off air flow. Most people can only survive for about 10 seconds without air before they pass out. You might get hurt in the fall but it is better then being kidnapped.

If anyone else has anything they would like to share please do!
I did some MA but I don't remembered to much this, but I do remember how to block, and some kicks

I would be terrified to meet penguin in person
I'm the last of my kind. I must train to become stronger, faster, smarter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(01-08-2018, 03:11 PM)kev222 Wrote: I did some MA but I don't remembered to much this, but I do remember how to block, and some kicks

Hahaha why??? I wouldn't hurt you so long as you don't try to hurt me or anyone else.
(01-08-2018, 03:16 PM)penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 03:11 PM)kev222 Wrote: I did some MA but I don't remembered to much this, but I do remember how to block, and some kicks

Hahaha why??? I wouldn't hurt you so long as you don't try to hurt me or anyone else.

Ok but I can get annoying soooooo
I'm the last of my kind. I must train to become stronger, faster, smarter.

[Image: giphy.gif]