Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special Rounds
Yes, somebody finally made a thread. Special rounds.

They suck. There's no other way to put it. There are 1 or 2 good ones, but when its all based on random chance whether you have fun or not, why is it even worth it? Even then, when karma is turned off for things like the crowbar round, the experience isn't. Killing people in a special round still loses you experience. That shouldn't happen. It's just another example of how broken these stupid rounds are. When people very literally kill themselves to avoid these rounds, it's a problem. 

Then there's things like the Vampire Round. For those unfamiliar, you have infinite health and the winner is the person who does the most damage to other players. How to win easily? Find an AFK and shoot them in the head repeatedly. Boom, you win without moving your mouse or touching your keyboard. 

I am not the only one when I say that these rounds either need to be fixed or removed. Simon Says rounds are decently fun, but that's about it from what I've seen.
Special rounds do suck, but I think you and I are in the vocal minority. Besides them being broken, the fact that I lose XP when I kill someone is bollocks too. I doubt that they'll be removed any time soon, so just do what I do: kill yourself and sit out for a round. The good news is that they don't last too long.
I think we could get a better selection of special rounds. Simon Says is good, so is D vs T, knife only kills are ok. Others such as upside down are trash and should be removed.
Honestly I don't think special rounds are bad. With that said, they are broken as fuck. I love special rounds, it gets everyone involved. I honestly think the upper staff should take out certain special rounds and add some new ones in. It's obviously easier said than done but they definitely need a change.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
The only special round I hate is the upside down round. The other ones range from "meh" to "eh... okay?".
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
maybe have the community think of better ones and we can see how hard they are to code. but if we aren't going to remove the feature altogether at least remove upside down and reverse because those are cancer.
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
Simon says is the best one tbh.
Ts vs Ds is the best. Simon says is okay.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
Personally I despise Special Rounds, but I can understand why people want to have them, since it spices the normal TTT experience up a bit. But thats the exact reason I dont like them. Wen I hop on TTT I want to play TTT and not some thing random. Then there is for some pretty good (I still hate them, but I mind them less) special rounds but there are maps wich turn those normally decent Special Rounds into hell. Example being Infected and either version of Dolls.

The voting system we have now is one thing I actually agree with, if the people want a special round then I dont mind playing one, as long as they dont get spammed every map, still the selection we have of special rounds seem to be more troll rounds then anything else, screen upside down, inverted controlls etc. If these troll rounds can be taken out I dont mind its existance that much, as long as its not overused to the point of one in every map.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
I like having special rounds, they're a fun little distraction that can help add a bit of variety. However, it feels like quite a few of the possible special rounds just aren't fun, or are so one sided that they aren't enjoyable.

Any of the ones that mess with perspective are just a pain. worse yet, they're heavily imbalanced in the traitors' favor if they decide to mass buy manhacks as the disorientated innos will have an extremely hard time combating these auto aiming deathbots.

Even the modes that are fun have some issues. Infected for example, the optimal way to win as a survivor is to hole up in a secluded part of the map few know about, meaning the best way to go about winning is to sit in a secret room doing absolutely nothing all game. Maybe if infected had a number of lives they could run out of that gets increased with each infection so survivors had another way of winning other than waiting out the clock? Even then, this mode can be utterly ruined by the map.

It'd be neat to see more special rounds that enhance regular ttt rather than replacing it. Maybe a round where everyone spawns with a random shop item, both detective or traitor. Maybe a round where everyone's weapons get replaced with a randomly chosen weapon that they can't drop, meaning everyone has to do the best with what they're given. Maybe a round where innocent and traitor roles are reversed, i.e. traitors outnumber innos from the start but don't know who other traitors are, innocents can see the other innocents but it's still the traitors that can buy stuff, basically remove traitors' shop and give it to the innocents for a round.

That said, rounds that are their own thing can be fun too, such as several of the ones we already have. I know I heard someone mention something like it before, but on a server I used to frequent before the community collapsed we had a jihad round, where everyone spawned with a jihad and getting a kill let you respawn effectively giving you another life and letting the game continue, last man standing wins. Maybe we can make a redlight-greenlight gamemode similar to simon says, where players can only move while the light is green or die.