Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remodeling
Ok. I'm remodeling my room and I want to know what desktop should get. And maybe a laptop my price range is up to $1000.
I'm the last of my kind. I must train to become stronger, faster, smarter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
If you’re going to be on the move a lot, a laptop is the way to go. If you’re going to be at home a lot, a desktop is the way to go. I haven’t been following the PC market recently (I’m happy with where my desktop is) but I know that GPU and RAM prices are astronomically high. That being said, your desktop (assuming that’s what you settle on) should fit your needs. If you’re only going to be playing GMod, you don’t need a 1080ti or an i7 8700k. Do research. Do too much research. I’d recommend Linus Tech Tips, PC Gamer and Hardware Canucks as a few reputable sources for you. If you’re researching correctly, it should take you a month, at the minimum, to just compile a list of parts. Building a PC is a huge investment, and the PC market can be scary, but if you’re well equipped, you won’t make stupid mistakes like buying a GT610 and expecting to run anything other than Google Chrome on it (don’t ask).

Oh, if you’re going to buy a gaming PC, you don’t need a gaming laptop. That’s ridiculous. You’ll probably upgrade your laptop before college anyway, and that’s a huge waste of money that could go towards building your PC.
Going on what EpicGuy said, you don't really need an i7 unless you plan on streaming a lot, and the CPUs that end in "k" are the ones that can be overclocked, which isn't necessary to do.
Build Your Own Custom Destop.
Building your own desktop is typically the cheapest way to go, so long as you or someone else know what they are doing

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-17-2018, 03:02 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Building your own desktop is typically the cheapest way to go, so long as you or someone else know what they are doing

To add - Yeah never try to build your own if you dont know what you are doing, get it built for you.
(01-17-2018, 06:41 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 03:02 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Building your own desktop is typically the cheapest way to go, so long as you or someone else know what they are doing

To add - Yeah never try to build your own if you dont know what you are doing, get it built for you.

I’m going to have to disagree. Prebuilt computers are usually mid-tier and you can do much better for less if you build your own.
Probably be best to wait a little for a new desktop, AMD Ryzen 2nd gen is coming out in a few months and so is NVidia Volta as well as some new AMD Radeon GPUs.