Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Topics and Thoughts
I'm a little bored right now, so I figured I would go over a few possible improvements and things that I often hear people complain about on the TTT server. First of all, be advised, some of the rules such as Test or KOS and the Bullshite will not be on here, as there are already separate forum posts regarding those topics specifically. 

1. Maps. Some of the maps are just plain bad, and not in terms of actual layout. A few of the maps come with terrible optimization to the point where the map is unplayable in certain areas. Landing a sniper shot from a distance to the head is decently hard enough, but when you're getting around 20FPS, its nearly impossible. More than that, a few maps are prone to massive amounts of RDM, such as the doom map. Last time I played on it, there was not a single round where there was no RDM. The first 3 rounds, people were actually banned for Mass RDM, although that problem is pretty specific to that map. However likely or unlikely, the map rotation does need to be changed a little, as many maps go unplayed for any of the above reasons and more. New ones could obviously be added in their place.

2. Skins. A few of the skins on rotation have very weird hitboxes, such as the Godzilla skin. I've heard this complaint a lot, although I haven't had much experience personally with it since I suck at the game, but people who tend to use the Deagle or Bullshite to land headshots have a very difficult problem landing headshots on some skins because of the hitboxes. The Godzilla skin has the head somewhat above the actual hitbox, so a neck shot or chin shot would be a headshot. Not to mention, the tail, while as cool as it is, gives away the position of the person through walls, although that isn't a problem at all.

3. Rule changes. While I said the test or KOS wasn't going to be on here, I did have another one that comes to mind. Recently, there was a change to the rules that is incredibly frustrating and pointless. Ignoring a KOS is not KOSable, only Susable. So, if Squishy walks right past me while I'm KOSd, nobody can kill him for that until overtime. Regardless if somebody sees it or not. I had a case recently where I was the only one left alive against 3 traitors. Only 1 of the was KOSd, but two of them ran right past the other and I saw it. However, I couldn't do anything because it wasn't overtime yet. If I had fired on both of them, I could have one since they didn't see me right away. It's a plainly stupid rule, and I've already had many others agree with me. While there are certainly cases where you could be KOSd for it, most of the cases fit the new version of the rule.

I think that's pretty much all I have though. Please give opinions on these. I imagine the maps and rule change one will get specifically a lot of feedback, especially negative from experienced players. But, it's my opinion and I want to see what others think.
1.) Yam there are plenty of maps thats are not good For TTT.

2.) Saying stuff like that will just have people tell you that you are jealous that you dont have there super cool rare item that is broken and has advantages over your normie skins.

3.) I would shoot them anyway with that stupid ass rule. If someone is obviously KOSed for good reason, that is like being next to a confirmed Traitor and neither of you shooting eachother.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
I person think 3 is a valid point I never liked the can’t kos for walking past a kosed person. I think it should be left to player discression if the kos was valid and if they had reason to kill other people for walking past this kosed person. Especially if you see someone say use a T wep, call a kos and they walk past multiple people to kill someone else and you can’t kill the people walking past the kosed person. (I’m bad at keeping a continuous strand of words mirroring gameplay)
I actually agree with you on point 3 about not being about to KOS for walking past a KOS'd person knowingly, everyone kinda does it intuitively when they see two people where person A is KOS'd and person B is right beside them also aiming at you people always just assume they're both Ts and kill them both without question, BUT I rarely see punishment carried out for that.

While I agree with you on that regard, I truly believe it is just the inconsistent punishment on it that needs to be changed. Clearly the rule is there because upper staff felt that in that situation that is the outcome that represents the idea of the game.

I just simply think the rule either needs to be removed or punishment for it needs to be consistent.
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com
(01-25-2018, 04:58 PM)Scare Shot Wrote: I actually agree with you on point 3 about not being about to KOS for walking past a KOS'd person knowingly, everyone kinda does it intuitively when they see two people where person A is KOS'd and person B is right beside them also aiming at you people always just assume they're both Ts and kill them both without question, BUT I rarely see punishment carried out for that.

While I agree with you on that regard, I truly believe it is just the inconsistent punishment on it that needs to be changed. Clearly the rule is there because upper staff felt that in that situation that is the outcome that represents the idea of the game.

I just simply think the rule either needs to be removed or punishment for it needs to be consistent.

I think the only reason the punishment isn’t consistent is because when you get reported for it people usually forgive because they don’t know this specific rule. But if people know it then they outright abuse it
(01-25-2018, 06:19 PM)Polar Bear Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 04:58 PM)Scare Shot Wrote: I actually agree with you on point 3 about not being about to KOS for walking past a KOS'd person knowingly, everyone kinda does it intuitively when they see two people where person A is KOS'd and person B is right beside them also aiming at you people always just assume they're both Ts and kill them both without question, BUT I rarely see punishment carried out for that.

I think the only reason the punishment isn’t consistent is because when you get reported for it people usually forgive because they don’t know this specific rule. But if people know it then they outright abuse it
I had something happen a while ago. There were 2 Ts one was blatently shooting me. While the other person b who i had been with for a while was carefully being avoided/not shot at. I Kosed person B for being a T. I was right. This happeend a while ago. I got reported that same round for killing an afk  T who wasn't being shot by a sentry. 
Getting back on topic. I would have to say I dislike test or kos early in round as it has the most potential to ruin a T round.
1) i would have to agree some of the maps are rather bad in regards to fps drop and layout/rdm potential. I would also say that we should remove some of the similar maps. For example Community pool has 3 different versions all of which can be played back to back. I for one don't want to play the same map over and over especially back to back. 
2) While I agree some models are particularly bad offenders of hitbox obstruction you can still line up your curser to see their name assuming they don't use the disguiser. Now i still find the godzila skin to be exceptionally cheap. I only get around it by knifing the person. Knifing isn't a solution to it nor are what suggestions that I said with regards to making sure you see thier name. Hitboxes in source are trash and awkward player models don't help.
#3 is a good point and should be remedied