Hillrop Unban/Ban reduction appeal
Okay, well I'm going to start from where this all started from and give my take on it.

While I think this case from the start has been a little bit bizarre and blown out of proportion at times, I do think that what Hillrop did in the aftermath of getting the 1 week ban for saying "gamer" was a little bit excessive and deserves some form of punishment and should not be excused under any circumstance, but I also think that a perma ban for this is a little excessive as well given the circumstances of this whole thing. There was also a little bit of confusion surrounding this case to people who didn't have knowledge of what was actually going on and why someone would get banned for saying the word "gamer" in the first place and therefore created a lot of chaos and leading to the aftermath which then lead to this ban. There was also some fault on both sides of the table and it could've been handled a bit differently as far as clarification and a few other things go.

I do believe that Hillrop is being sincere and genuinely wants to come back to this community and try not to cause anymore problems in the foreseeable future. I think Hillrop has learned his lesson from the month he has been banned so far and should be given a second chance under the condition that if he ever does anything like this again that he will be community banned with little or no chance to ever coming back.

I also personally enjoy playing with Hillrop and so do a lot of others, while at times he can get on peoples nerves, he was still a member of this community that chose to involve himself in it to the point where he went out of his way to make a map and edited another map for this server alone. He's also been working on a new ttt_dinkleberg which people have attempted to do in the past but haven't gotten as far as he has. He also took this in a serious and passionate way that he decided to make a thread dedicated to suggestions/changes the community wanted for his maps and actually implemented some of them in the newest version. Even while being banned, he still to this day chooses to involve himself in the community via the forums. I believe that shows some kind of dedication.

+1 for unban let this man play again :)

Messages In This Thread
Hillrop Unban/Ban reduction appeal - by Hillrop - 05-30-2018, 11:43 AM
RE: Hillrop Unban/Ban reduction appeal - by Gabe - 05-30-2018, 12:17 PM
RE: Hillrop Unban/Ban reduction appeal - by Foxka - 05-30-2018, 12:25 PM
RE: Hillrop Unban/Ban reduction appeal - by Boat - 05-30-2018, 01:26 PM
RE: Hillrop Unban/Ban reduction appeal - by Aiser - 05-30-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: Hillrop Unban/Ban reduction appeal - by Wambo - 05-31-2018, 05:49 PM