Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Team Switching
I already proposed this idea to Starky but I just wanted to make a post to see everybody's thoughts.

So, basically I believe team switching should be illegal unless it's the first round of a map. This means, if someone switches later on with 0:0 stats, then they wont be allowed. This is because, when people switch with 0:0 stats, it can confuse the people with other stats to think they can team switch. So, this is why I believe if we exterminate the rule of "if they have 0:0 stats", then everything will be easier on the staff. Plus it wont confuse the other players. Also, you have to press tab in order to see the stats and most of the staff on the server are pretty lazy, so. I just think it is easier to go by one rule of team switching than having that rule. When new staff come in, they need to be told repeatedly that they need to check the stats before they warn, and most of them forget. I did and russ lowkey wanted to strangle me like 20000 times because I forgot like everytime. Basically yea, it would be easier on the server and players, so I hope the staff of ph consider this.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18294926]
+1 but not all are lazy. XD
While I agree it can cause confusion, the rule is structured this way for a reason. What the rule is supposed to do is keep the game balanced by revoking the power of a player to have an unfair advantage to get kills or play a certain role. Like if someone dies as a prop, they go to hunters to spawn as a prop again. A player who just joined going 0:0 is not gaining an advantage in game because they have not been introduced into the game yet.
And its not that hard to press tab to check.
+1 the shit out of this

i come back and everything is different. like what the hell happened? i don't recognize this server anymore. team switching is team switching no matter what. fuck stats. it shouldn't matter if they are 0:0 or 14:6, if they are props and die, then switch to hunters that round, they can be a prop again. of course the first round rule still stands. its just tiresome and easier the original way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
PH Trusted & Murder Mod
--
Fozzy is gay
--
Loocan & Burrio are my bbies
(02-18-2017, 07:07 PM)whlsk3y Wrote: +1 the shit out of this

i come back and everything is different. like what the hell happened? i don't recognize this server anymore. team switching is team switching no matter what. fuck stats. it shouldn't matter if they are 0:0 or 14:6, if they are props and die, then switch to hunters that round, they can be a prop again. of course the first round rule still stands. its just tiresome and easier the original way.

Exactly.
I think @"[Red]Starky" just completely ignored this after he +1 ed it, this was never integrated nor denied.
Good job.
(02-18-2017, 08:43 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I think @"[Red]Starky"  just completely ignored this after he +1 ed it, this was never integrated nor denied.
Good job.

I just realized this, smh. I brought it up to him today but he passed by it as if I didn't mention it. Ripperoni 
I will edit the rules. Don't worry.
(02-20-2017, 10:45 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: I will edit the rules. Don't worry.

Quote:Staff Guidelines 
Situation 3-
Team Switching: If a player team switches, make sure their stats aren't 0:0. Press tab before warning them about team switching, so you can check. If their stats aren't 0:0, then warn them using your bind. Give them a warning, then if they don't go back to their previous team by the beginning of the next round, slay them (TMOD+). If you aren't a tmod or up, then kick them for team switching. You can also get a staff on that is available to slay. If it is the last round of a map, don't bother to warn or kick, as there is no round afterward to kick from. If somebody leaves the server and then joins back very soon after and joins the opposing team they were in previously (INTENTIONALLY), same rules apply. Warn them, then slay. Once you slay, they may stay in the team they are in.