Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
closest you've ever been to dying?
my head almost got crushed by a truck when i was 7 but a random dude pulled me off and saved my life
[Image: 800px-BLU_Products_Logo.jpg]
Was about 20 years ago, yes I can say that now, I was just big enough to go onto the rollercoaster at a theme park. I was a skinny kid on top of that and almost got yanked out from the first initial fall that you take. The only reason why I didn't is because my brother grabbed and yanked me back down into my seat.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Well, I didn't know it was taking place at the time due to loud headphones but I was seconds away from getting hit by a train while crossing the tracks on my bike. I didn't realize it until after I had crossed and the train went zooming by.
While I was a toddler, my neighbor was kinda paranoid and had loaded guns everywhere. I so happened to have the gun in my hand and my dad so happened to walk in at the right time to pull it away from me.

I also have almost slid off a cliff after drifting a classic car I had at the time between two cars after not seeing a t intersection coming up, one tire hanging off. Worst part of this story is my dad was following me and thought he was going to lose his only son.

Another time was getting lifted off my feet whole 80ft up working on an airplane (Airbus A300 on jacks) after they moved the elevators I was working on.

Another was a piece of 0.125" thick piece of titanium falling roughly 50ft from the top of an airplane and missing my head by inches.

Couple car wrecks where if I was sitting where I normally sat, I'd be split in two.

Soup, all I'm gonna say. If ya know, ya know.

Not too many times overall tbh.

Edit: grammatical/spelling errors
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(06-17-2023, 12:36 AM)Norm Minder Wrote: Well, I didn't know it was taking place at the time due to loud headphones but I was seconds away from getting hit by a train while crossing the tracks on my bike. I didn't realize it until after I had crossed and the train went zooming by.

My close friend got hit by a train while walking home on the tracks, also wearing headphones so he didn't hear the horn. Spent his 18th birthday in the hospital in a coma, bro went completely off the rails after that, no pun intended. 

Personally when i was 18 i got jumped by 25 dudes because one of them owed me a measly 20 euros & i dared to ask for it back. They tried to drag me into their car & in this shithole of a city that means they'd take you to the forest, fuck you up & leave you for dead. Ended up stabbing 2 of them, causing both of them nerve damage that lasted many years & even though it was self defense i got 4 years 6 months of probation bc 1 statement vs 25 false statements.
                                   [Image: qFmo2rj.png]
I was in a head-on collision at 55mph when I was 17. Turns out a Civic and Excursion don't mix well.

Edit: Oh yeah, and numerous times in Iraq by rocket fire. 1 had landed on the other side of a concrete wall from me. I'm like a cat with 9 lives lmao. 
[Image: IMG_8937.jpg]
???????? ??????
concussion + landing on neck while fencing. Dont know how I tanked that one and lived.

also getting stabbed (accidentally) by a broken (sharp) fencing sword. Dont quite undertand how I walked with just a bruise.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
50mph head on with an elk that almost went through the windshield of my sub compact. Small glass cuts because it bounced off the roof/apillar. Looked at the poor thing for 3 days before it got taken away on a flat bed to auto recycling.

edit: for anyone wondering an elk is about twice the size of a dear and weights about 1100lbs.
[Image: qinzwKb.jpg][Image: jfi1bdV.jpg]
(06-29-2023, 11:20 PM)Widsquard Wrote: 50mph head on with an elk that almost went through the windshield of my sub compact. Small glass cuts because it bounced off the roof/apillar. Looked at the poor thing for 3 days before it got taken away on a flat bed to auto recycling.

edit: for anyone wondering an elk is about twice the size of a dear and weights about 1100lbs.
[Image: qinzwKb.jpg][Image: jfi1bdV.jpg]
RIP Scion, I got into a fender bender with mine last December. It’ll be dead soon. 

My experience was 2021. I had sepsis and was in the hospital for nearly a week with 105 fevers. It was awful.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
My parents have been foster parents since the early 2000s the first kid they got was a unhinged 17 yr old. Long story short he hit my mom and tried suffocating me with a pillow he fled the house while my mom was on the phone with the cops
[Image: J6yUs0g]