Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't Drink Summer Shandy.
May I take a moment of your time to discuss Summer Shandy with you folks?

I had this concoction on draft tonight and by God is it the foulest brew I have ever let my lips touch. It's not even an IPA. This abomination--this charade of a beer--claims to be the "perfect" blend of wheat beer and refreshing natural--KEY WORD, NATURAL--lemonade flavor. Yeah, as if natural lemonade is supposed to taste like a golden shower from Hulk Hogan's urethra.

This unholy potion had a taste so appalling not even the cold temperature can mask its savor. The first few seconds out of the urine coated pint glass had a sweet taste that then decided to amplify itself in order of magnitudes. I felt like they spiked my drink with expired Lemonheads. I could only smile and say it was an okay drink as I down my beer with a feeling of resignation.

And Leinenkugel proclaims that this is the perfect Summer drink? And they have the gall to say you should pair it with BBQ chicken and fruit salads??? Yeah sure, if the chicken is from a third world KFC and the fruit salad came out of the McDonald's dumpster. They took a perfectly good Munich original and fucking soiled it. It was so bad they had to tear down the Berlin Wall just to escape from what they had brought upon this world.

So fuck you Leinenkugel and fuck your fake ass beer.

AND I BETTER NOT SEE ANY RESTAURANTS OUT THERE OFFERING HARVEST PATCH SHANDY COME NEXT SEASON.
I'm VERY picky when it comes to fruit beer. I've had some good (even excellent) craft ones. The key is, the flavor has to complement. Harpoon Grapefruit IPA- the grapefruit acts as a hop and gives a greater complexity to the bitterness combined with the hops. Spencer Peach Saison- The peach flavor is subtle and mixes with the malt, for an overall great taste.

Summer Shandy does neither of those. Summer Shandy tastes either like a bad lemonade if you focus on that side or a bad beer if you focus on the other. And while I love a lot of Wachusett's offerings, their Blueberry Ale is similar- it's too discordant and the flavors are fighting each other in your mouth, and you taste the blood sweat and tears coming from the intense flavor war occurring on your tastebuds.

Tl;dr fuck Summer Shandy.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]