Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Killing someone for killing an inno
Ah now dna is another thing. Problem is, Rdmr A tried to kill Innocent B. B wins the fight bc it’s jimbo. Deftective C didn’t hear jimbo call this out (from what I’ve seen most people DO say when someone tried to RDM them) and just sees and gets dna from the body. He walks up to jimbo and kill him with a shotgun. Is jimbo in the wrong? No.
But did the detective shoot an innocent who protected himself by using gameplay mechanics? Yes.
RDM puts a wrinkle in the mechanics of the game, and causes confusion that shouldn’t be there. MUST the detective believe a call out of RDM? No. What if the detective saw the exchange, said jumbo was ok, does, and an Inno picks up the scanner and kills jimbo. Did the innocent rdm seeing the DNA from a detective? No, he is following a gameplay mechanic. Ideally (without RDM) innocent dna should never be on an Inno body.
Keep in mind, RDM is RANDOM deathmatch. DNA isn’t random, even tho it may point to someone who was defending themselves. Staff have to look at the report and use some brain cells to see if the killer holding DNA should know or not (witnessed the exchange or other equivalent) that the Inno shot first.
Here’s a fun chain: RDMr A shoots Inno B, who kills A. Inno C has a dna scanner and catches the dna, follows and kills B. However, Inno D saw the original exchange and then sees C kill B. So D kills C. This exchange can chain longer. B defended themselves, C has DNA, and D sees someone kill B for defending themselves. 3 innocents are dead but each kill was made for a valid reason. RDM and miscommunication happen. Note C never called the DNA out.
Stupid stuff like that happens a lot. I’ve seen links of up to 5 chained reports or a mass shooting happen over a single rdm.
So, I don’t know. If DNA is always kosable a lot of RDM can happen as a result, but if it’s not then a mechanic is thrown out. As staff i use this above discretion of what information the players have available to them, and go from there.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon

Messages In This Thread
Killing someone for killing an inno - by Stingray - 09-26-2018, 10:17 PM
RE: Killing someone for killing an inno - by Matt_St3 (Strongrule) - 09-27-2018, 11:47 AM