Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Loading Screen
Here's my thoughts as the creator of the former load screen, and working in software development working closely with UX designers.

1. The amount of text is astronomical. Nobody is going to read that while joining. I encounter this all the time, a developer will write out instructions instructions in the alpha versions of a product/feature and it gets changed to something much shorter because nobody reads it because it is way too long. On the previous load screen the rules were listed in a short enumeration, simple and something people will read. Go look at other TTT servers, find me a popular one with a dissertation on it.

2. Colors. On the previous load screen a color scheme was developed, you can see that on these forums. This was made so every color selected ties in and looks fluid, and clean. This new one has colors that in no way work together, are distracting (the gradient), and clash together.

3. The Logo. What is with that logo. On the old load screen it said "Trouble in Terrorist Town" on the bottom rhombus, keeping with the developed color and formatting schemes. Somone could have asked me for the .PSD files. The added TTT text at the angle is hideous, and in no way fits in with the logo, color scheme, and any other aspects of the branding on any of the servers. Also why is the Rules text so small?? The drop shadow is strange and does not fit in with the drop shadow of the logo.

4. Text Placement. Why is some of the text hanging in the top right? It looks weird. Some of the text is covered up by the loading bar. The alignment of the text also does not visually flow across the screen.

Don't take this as me saying my load-screen is far superior and this one sucks. Each one has its pros, and its cons. Mine scales horribly across monitors because I did not add the math to adjust it based off of any possible screen resolutions. If someone wanted my load screen they could have asked me to do it, and the chances are really high I would have done it. Especially since I have nothing better to do since I've been sitting in pain from this car accident. In my opinion, the purpose of the new one was to display more rules, but from my experience it does the opposite.
(10-23-2018, 09:14 PM)Tedgp908 >:( Wrote: wall of text

TLDR;
too much word no one read, ugly
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(10-24-2018, 12:50 AM)queef commando Wrote:
(10-23-2018, 09:14 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: wall of text

TLDR;

So 

tl;dr: tl;dr
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]

TLDR;

So when’s the admin vote to replace the current loading screen with the one you made Mr queef? Cool thanks
(10-24-2018, 09:48 AM)Gabe Wrote:

TLDR;

So when’s the admin vote to replace the current loading screen with the one you made Mr queef? Cool thanks

it's coming after the vote on my app