Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DylPickle's Ban Length
(12-18-2018, 12:56 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: I think we can all agree though that a staff member should not be engaging in the act of harassment either. No matter what has gone down. If she was harassing him first, she should be reprimanded as well.

True, and if such a case is made with evidence given it will be cconsidered

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think staff need to explain what is and isn't okay to say on the server. I've heard staff make similar and sometimes worse remarks than what Dyl has said but nothing comes of it.
(12-18-2018, 01:01 PM)nopleez Wrote: I think staff need to explain what is and isn't okay to say on the server. I've heard staff make similar and sometimes worse remarks than what Dyl has said but nothing comes of it.

To guests or their friends?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(12-18-2018, 01:01 PM)nopleez Wrote: I think staff need to explain what is and isn't okay to say on the server. I've heard staff make similar and sometimes worse remarks than what Dyl has said but nothing comes of it.

This is something I strongly agree with. I know I'm not a TTT player but that's one of the major issues that I've heard coming from over here. The staff are way too different on what's allowed and what's not. That includes usage of the n-word. I'm not sure if that last part is valid today but at one point, it "depended on what staff was on" for the usage of that. This is merely an example but it shows way too much discrepancy.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(12-18-2018, 01:09 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

To guests or their friends?
Both, but I don't have any evidence. Seeing that no evidence was provided for Dyl's harassment I would say they are pretty equal accusations.
(12-18-2018, 01:11 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote:

This is something I strongly agree with. I know I'm not a TTT player but that's one of the major issues that I've heard coming from over here. The staff are way too different on what's allowed and what's not. That includes usage of the n-word. I'm not sure if that last part is valid today but at one point, it "depended on what staff was on" for the usage of that. This is merely an example but it shows way too much discrepancy.

Once we pin down dink the admin have a list to go over with him, including how to present clear guidelines on this matter. I personally believe that interactions between ourselves with vulgar language or mock fighting will encourage that behavior from onlookers who think that is ok. When they do it suddenly it isn’t ok?? It’s a double standard. -phone fucking o will call contimue on laptop-

Our own behavior sets the standard. If we shitpost in forums, out call everyone gey or a nigga, then that is set as what is acceptable. We cant punish on our own guidelines if we don't follow them ourselves. The discussion will also include how staff will be required to act, not just playing members. General banter is fine, its the internet, but harassment or being rude just to act like an ass will not be tolerated. Staff are supposed to conduct themselves in a (at least semi) professional manner. The rules apply to staff, donors, members - whatever. Whatever you do in pms I don't care - forums, public discord, and on server chat should not have this behavior. We will only attract the same behavior, leading to out current trolling and harassment issues.
You don't particularly need any proof of that, ive seen such behavior myself. Chat rooms, staff chat on server, pms, steam message etc are fine ways to interact however you want. Necroing, shitposting, constant 'no u' 'ok' and other useless filler posted publicly is supposed to be what staff moderates, not encourages.
-I could go on my rant but we will eventually post a thread about what we come up with after we get dink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I've said all I can say; I'll leave this thread alone unless a question is directed at me.

I still think he should be unbanned. Even cutting his ban in half would be nice for Christmas. some people want to enjoy their holiday before going back to responsibilities.

Thanks
(12-18-2018, 01:31 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

Once we pin down dink the admin have a list to go over with him, including how to present clear guidelines on this matter. I personally believe that interactions between ourselves with vulgar language or mock fighting will encourage that behavior from onlookers who think that is ok. When they do it suddenly it isn’t ok?? It’s a double standard. -phone fucking o will call contimue on laptop-

Our own behavior sets the standard. If we shitpost in forums, out call everyone gey or a nigga, then that is set as what is acceptable. We cant punish on our own guidelines if we don't follow them ourselves. The discussion will also include how staff will be required to act, not just playing members. General banter is fine, its the internet, but harassment or being rude just to act like an ass will not be tolerated. Staff are supposed to conduct themselves in a (at least semi) professional manner. The rules apply to staff, donors, members - whatever. Whatever you do in pms I don't care - forums, public discord, and on server chat should not have this behavior. We will only attract the same behavior, leading to out current trolling and harassment issues.
You don't particularly need any proof of that, ive seen such behavior myself. Chat rooms, staff chat on server, pms, steam message etc are fine ways to interact however you want. Necroing, shitposting, constant 'no u' 'ok' and other useless filler posted publicly is supposed to be what staff moderates, not encourages.
-I could go on my rant but we will eventually post a thread about what we come up with after we get dink

As a staff member who participates in just about everything mentioned above that doesn't include harassment, being a complete ass, etc. I am in full agreement with this. A lot of the staff, including myself, can use some shaping up in the way we present ourselves on the server, as well as discord and forums. We're supposed to be the example of maturity and authority here, and we're borderline breaking rules ourselves. That's not the way we should be acting. Nobody's above the rules, and that includes staff. Again, I'm not at all innocent in this, but doing the same things that the late night trolls do, as staff, shouldn't be the norm on the server. 

Going forward, I'm going to be conducting myself in a more professional manner on the server, and I encourage the rest of the staff to do the same.
(12-18-2018, 01:31 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Once we pin down dink the admin have a list to go over with him, including how to present clear guidelines on this matter. I personally believe that interactions between ourselves with vulgar language or mock fighting will encourage that behavior from onlookers who think that is ok. When they do it suddenly it isn’t ok?? It’s a double standard. -phone fucking o will call contimue on laptop-

We all play this game to have fun, not to be an example to society at large. Asking staff to be 100% serious at all times is ridiculous. This is a game not a job. I don't think it is unreasonable to mess with your friends, and let other people mess with their friends, and at the same time expect others to not mess with people they don't know. This is basic human interaction. The problem lies more in staff being at 0 or 100 at all times. Either staff are not paying attention or generally not doing anything, then suddenly someone says something and it goes straight to a 2 week or perma ban. This isnt necessarily the case here specifically, but a lot of the time staff don't take the time to talk. A lot of people on the server don't know they're doing something wrong or don't realize how bad it is. But I don't think most people are trying to be bad or trolls, they just don't realize they are doing something wrong. 

Rather than tell staff to not fuck around, I think it would be more productive to tell staff to be more proactive in educating people and treating them as human beings rather than just mindlessly punishing them the second they do something wrong. There is a course of action between nothing and a ban. We all are here to have fun, and some people don't realize that their fun hampers the fun other people are having so just let them know. Obviously some people are legitimate trolls, and only once they refuse to respond to a normal discussion is when there an actual problem and we can go about banning them or whatever.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(12-18-2018, 02:06 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 01:31 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

[Deleting Matt's Message to Save Room.exe

[Insert Laced's message here too]

Completely agree with this too, and I know at times staff can tend to be a little erratic and a bit unorganized. The reason of being staff(to me at least) is to moderate, assist, and help the players/community as a whole to make sure it prospers and doesn't implode on itself. They donate/dedicate their time and money to this community for a reason, to keep it up and running because it's an enjoyable place to be and is supposed to be a fun time. As for being Staff we owe it back to the community to be the best as we can and make our server as enjoyable as possible. As Staff, we're supposed to be here to represent the server, show an example to the lower-ranked Staff, players, be a good role models, and to show our support to the community; we aren't supposed to be the ones to start or encourage the behavior we are supposed to moderate and discourage, it would be hypocritical to punish those that do it while we do the same thing. We should also be more proactive in actually telling players what they're doing wrong rather than just outright punishing them and telling them to "stop being dumb" or "stop acting retarded," that doesn't really explain to them what they are doing wrong and they may not even realize they are doing something wrong. Also I'm not saying i'm innocent of any of this, as I myself am guilty of the occasional shitposting where it shouldn't be posted(such as serious threads, harmless for fun threads I really don't see that much of a problem having fun with in my opinion, it makes everyone laugh and doesn't cause harm to anyone. Same with reasonably messing around with your friends a bit and they're all in on it) but I plan to change this behavior too myself.

As far as the rising issue of harassment goes, it is important for us to be aware of these situations and to act on them and intervene. If we just sit there and ignore it, it will set a bad example for the server and makes those that are getting harassed want to leave and not return, or even uninstall the game as a whole.

Just going to say something vague about the DylPickle ban itself, I feel like there was fault on both sides of the table during this mess of a ban.