Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DylPickle's Ban Length
(12-18-2018, 03:01 PM)queef commando Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 01:31 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Once we pin down dink the admin have a list to go over with him, including how to present clear guidelines on this matter. I personally believe that interactions between ourselves with vulgar language or mock fighting will encourage that behavior from onlookers who think that is ok. When they do it suddenly it isn’t ok?? It’s a double standard. -phone fucking o will call contimue on laptop-

Our own behavior sets the standard. If we shitpost in forums, out call everyone gey or a nigga, then that is set as what is acceptable. We cant punish on our own guidelines if we don't follow them ourselves. The discussion will also include how staff will be required to act, not just playing members. General banter is fine, its the internet, but harassment or being rude just to act like an ass will not be tolerated. Staff are supposed to conduct themselves in a (at least semi) professional manner. The rules apply to staff, donors, members - whatever. Whatever you do in pms I don't care - forums, public discord, and on server chat should not have this behavior. We will only attract the same behavior, leading to out current trolling and harassment issues.
You don't particularly need any proof of that, ive seen such behavior myself. Chat rooms, staff chat on server, pms, steam message etc are fine ways to interact however you want. Necroing, shitposting, constant 'no u' 'ok' and other useless filler posted publicly is supposed to be what staff moderates, not encourages.
-I could go on my rant but we will eventually post a thread about what we come up with after we get dink

We all play this game to have fun, not to be an example to society at large. Asking staff to be 100% serious at all times is ridiculous. This is a game not a job. I don't think it is unreasonable to mess with your friends, and let other people mess with their friends, and at the same time expect others to not mess with people they don't know. This is basic human interaction. The problem lies more in staff being at 0 or 100 at all times. Either staff are not paying attention or generally not doing anything, then suddenly someone says something and it goes straight to a 2 week or perma ban. This isnt necessarily the case here specifically, but a lot of the time staff don't take the time to talk. A lot of people on the server don't know they're doing something wrong or don't realize how bad it is. But I don't think most people are trying to be bad or trolls, they just don't realize they are doing something wrong. 

Rather than tell staff to not fuck around, I think it would be more productive to tell staff to be more proactive in educating people and treating them as human beings rather than just mindlessly punishing them the second they do something wrong. There is a course of action between nothing and a ban. We all are here to have fun, and some people don't realize that their fun hampers the fun other people are having so just let them know. Obviously some people are legitimate trolls, and only once they refuse to respond to a normal discussion is when there an actual problem and we can go about banning them or whatever.
Not my intention for staff to be 100% model gentlemen or anything, but we should at least present ourselves well and according to our own rules. We can’t moderate and know at all times who is the friend of player 6, nor can we allow certain people to behave a way and it’s not ok for others. In terms of staffing, we should be reasonably consistent. The idea is to handle the large issue so individual ones don’t get out of hand. Clearly presented and agreed upon guidelines will go a long way towards setting our expectations on communication and respect. 
Staffing and playing are not the same thing in my eyes. I feel I can fuck around in server respectfully without the need to call Lycan a “nigga” openly, or gey or no u everything - but that is my own personal rant/opinion. Not everyone has to at all. But a level of respect should be clearly laid out whatever it be, in our rules, for all to see that applies to everyone equally. As mentioned, whatever you want to do in private company is fair game. Public disruption is what we moderate, not a persons interactions. We are also here to have fun; on a player aspect we don’t want to restrict interactions. 
Everyone has a different middle ground, that’s what our discussion with dink will cover and our discussion thread (once we meet with dink to get a big picture) with the community. This currently isn’t the proper thread, so I’ll leave this be.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Chiming in here from the PH side, a ban like this wouldn't have went through on our side due to the lack of sufficient enough evidence. I know you have dealt with him before as I've seen his name before, but I don't think he should server a 2 week ban.
He does need punished, but not for a full temp ban considering the evidence is as I said, lacking.
I also feel some of this happened the way it did, because players see staff act out in a certain way with others, and themselves think it's okay, and then in turn are punished for it.
It's an issue thats been happening here on PH lately too, so we're trying to chill on our side. It might be of some help to do the same over on TTT and just have a small talk with the staff about how they're the models of the server. I'm not saying don't joke around and stuff, just you know, follow the same rules you're making other players follow?
Sorry for busting my input here from ph.
Look I made it perma to keep him off until we decided on what we were gonna do with him. I even stated that In admin chat the perma wasn’t gonna be what it was. So he can relax on that end.
(12-18-2018, 04:03 PM)Dakota Wrote: Look I made it perma to keep him of until we decided on what we were gonna with him. I even stated that I’m admin chat the perma wasn’t gonna be what it was. So he can relax on that end.

This thread is about a 2 week ban, not a perma.
I know that.... I’m saying it gonna be 2 weeks to a month. Also didn’t you say your gonna not post unless directed at you?
(12-18-2018, 04:08 PM)Dakota Wrote: I know that.... I’m saying it gonna be 2 weeks to a month. Also didn’t you say your gonna not post unless directed at you?

Your post was unclear.

I will post if there is a misunderstanding like so.
So, Idk who's all aware at this point but before this was posted this morning a friend of mine went and talked with dyl about the situation. Dyl acknowledged things went wrong on both ends and acknowledged the rdm, and from my understanding is accepting the ban at this point and apologized to an admin and said he was going to drop it. I understand why this was made but can we leave it be? The other discussion is alright but this was important to share. (Edit: forgot to mention my friend isnt associated with this server he just talked with dyl in a vc).
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Nevermind my comment early i wasn't informed that scoovie went and decided to reduce the ban to 2 weeks i still thought it was up in the air i was not informed cause no official vote was done
(12-18-2018, 03:29 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: We can’t moderate and know at all times who is the friend of player 6,

If a staff member hears someone say something questionable to someone, and they are not familiar with the relationship between the two people, it isn't hard for the staff member to then psay the target and check in that everything is cool.

(12-18-2018, 03:29 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: nor can we allow certain people to behave a way and it’s not ok for others.

Yeah you can. Its called context. Murdering someone, and shooting someone in self defense are at the core the same act - killing someone. But the context makes the difference.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(12-18-2018, 04:51 PM)queef commando Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 03:29 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: We can’t moderate and know at all times who is the friend of player 6,

If a staff member hears someone say something questionable to someone, and they are not familiar with the relationship between the two people, it isn't hard for the staff member to then psay the target and check in that everything is cool.

(12-18-2018, 03:29 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: nor can we allow certain people to behave a way and it’s not ok for others.

Yeah you can. Its called context. Murdering someone, and shooting someone in self defense are at the core the same act - killing someone. But the context makes the difference.

But in the heat of the moment, is it not best to stop the fire before it could potentially burn wild?
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]