Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Responses to Staff Apps PH
I've noticed that recently on PH, people have been responding with "+1 seems cool and knows the rules" and others similar to this. I noticed that the TTT Admins have taken it upon themselves to filter out these "filler comments". I would like to see PH take some action as well because the staff apps get clouded with comments that don't really help add anything to the conversation. It's good to see people wanting to be involved in the discussion but saying that someone is cool doesn't add anything and just because someone is cool, doesn't mean they'll make a good staff member. I would like to see this enforced on the PH Staff Apps. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...Staff-Apps 

Examples of what I feel are "filler comments": 
Example 1
Example 2
Example 3
Example 4
Example 5
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(12-24-2018, 10:33 PM)daeganislegit Wrote: +1 likes dog dick

Daegan. Don't shitpost on an actual serious thread. This was a legitimate concern that I have brought up and you should've learned to not shitpost on serious threads by now.
It would be nice to have standards for our staff application comments.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Considering half the comments on my app were originally just like those, I hope that PH players don't have to experience the same and something gets done. I don't think it is fair to the admins or applicant to have to read that. I would rather receive constructive criticism than have a half-assed reply as I'm sure anyone would
Specifically talking about the example you gave, since it's so common I'd like to take this chance to tell others:

When applying for staff, knowing the rules should be a given. That should be the obvious requirement for any staff position being applied for. It's slightly understandable to give this comment for a trusted app but in my opinion, even a master or regular should know most of the general rules.
Knowing the rules shouldn't be a big factor as to why you think someone should get staff, please give insightful comments / reasons as to why you are giving that vote whether it be -1, 0, +1. 

On a side note, seeing as there's no admin for PH as of current, someone could ask a TTT admin to delete such comments that contribute nothing to the application by mentioning them in the said application so they can get to it when they have the free time to get on. Just a suggestion.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
We could for now. We’re already monitoring the discord and most of the forums in absence of other admins. Even if I can’t get on server a lot anymore I still try to watch those.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I've made a comment similar to this in staff chat, and still feel it's an issue. People either post the same exact thing, or say this person said it all, or said they're cool, +1. This gives ZERO proper feedback for the person that wants to know if they're fit for the position/what they can improve on. I'd love to see something take place to control this a bit.
(12-24-2018, 11:49 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: We could for now. We’re already monitoring the discord and most of the forums in absence of other admins. Even if I can’t get on server a lot anymore I still try to watch those.

It would genuinely be appreciated. I'm just tired of going on staff apps and reading "+1 knows the rules and is cool". Those comments mean nothing as they just don't add any truly value to a conversation.
(12-24-2018, 11:52 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 11:49 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: We could for now. We’re already monitoring the discord and most of the forums in absence of other admins. Even if I can’t get on server a lot anymore I still try to watch those.

It would genuinely be appreciated. I'm just tired of going on staff apps and reading "+1 knows the rules and is cool". Those comments mean nothing as they just don't add any truly value to a conversation.

Well if more ph staff / the mod team is ok with it I can start watching. I’d like to hear from the first tho just in case

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I think its more the people that actually play with you should actually have a say  and not a first timer posting a 1+ on your app if they only played with you for 1 game.

But either way I agree with Travis
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member