Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edits to Recommended Staff Binds for PH
RECOMMENDED STAFF BINDS
Hello all, I'm the Co-owner of the prop hunt server. Binds are extremely useful for doing our job, and doing it quickly although it isn't a requirement to have them.  Here is a list of binds I recommend you have, or that are just nice to have. You can have them to your own keys; these are the ones I have them as and the ones I have found most useful. You can word it in your own way but when doing so remember players look up to you. Make sure your binds are nice, and not eye straining. Also be careful when using them because they can be spamming if overused.

Just so you know how to bind using this command in console, for sake of example let's say you're binding j to say "hi there"
In console you'd type

Bind j "say hi there"

Also adding a color to the bind would help it stand out the way you add a color is use with the various colors in chat.
Example: Bind j "say [yellow]hi there"
There are various colors you can use I recommend avoiding the use of blue and red because they are eye straining.
Additional note, it is useful to change colors to emphasize something.
Such as:
"[yellow]Spectator is for staff only. Please leave by pressing [pink]f1 [yellow]or [pink]f2."
Remember to not get too crazy with colors. They may appear annoying to users.

Recommended bind list:

“Welcome to Dinkleberg’s Prophunt”

-Useful for: This is not necessary, but it appears friendly towards new users :)

"Mic/chat spam is illegal, and may result in a mute/gag”

-Useful for: When a player: holds down their mic w/o saying things repetitively, sings/plays music over the mic repetitively, harrasses other players, or states racial or political concepts”
-Why: Mic and chat spam is extremely annoying, and may result in annoying players. Therefore players leave, and that’s not what we want.

"Ghosting is illegal, and may result in a ban.” Complimentary bind: “Ghosting- Giving away the location of a prop as a dead hunter or prop."

-Useful for: When a player reveals or hints at another player’s spot while deceased.
-Why: Ghosting ruins the whole game. The point of the game is for people to play hide-and-seek with props. When someone ghosts, it ruins the fun.

"Spectator is for staff only. Join the fun by pressing f1 or f2."

-Useful for: When a player joins spectator who is not staff.
-Why: While in spec a player is able to see everyone on the server. This can lead to ghosting or messing with objects while others are playing. Therefore it makes the game less fun.

"Type !shop to spend your points and buy some cool things!"

-Useful for: When a player asks how to access shop/ how to use points
-Why: Welp this is pretty self-explanatory xD

"Team switching is illegal, please return to your original team by pressing f1 or f2."
Complimentary bind: “Please return to your original team or be slain next round.”

-Useful for: When a player team-switches w/o staff permission, when their score is not 0-0, or when it is not the first round.
-Why: A player could constantly be a prop, and avoid being a hunter if they repetitively team-switched. On the other hand a player could constantly switch to be a hunter to get their kills up really high. Both make the game less fair and equal.

"Press f1 to learn how to play, and type !motd to learn the rules of the game”

-Useful for: When a player who is new to the game joins, and asks how to play
-Why: Once again self-explanatory <3

"If you are stuck, outside of the map, or under the map, ask for a teleport."

-Useful for: When you see a player abuse unstuck to go outside of the map (whether it be by accident or on purpose), or if the unstuck command is unable to aid a player in their current state.
-Why: Players outside of the map/ under the map have an insane advantage as they are not able to be killed. Once again ruining the fun of the game.

"Please exit unassigned and join the fun by pressing F1 or F2."

-Useful for: When a player has connected and not joined a team for a few rounds, or if they ask how to play while they are sitting in unassigned.
-Why: Unassigned players take up space on the server. As our server has a player cap of 32, unassigned people may block people who actually play.

"Prop blocking is illegal, and may result in further punishment”

-Useful for: When a player blocks a door with other props, disabling the hunter’s ability to kill the prop.
-Why: Prop blocking can make the game near to impossible for hunters. Once again ruining the fun for others.

"Abuse of the !unstuck command is not alright, please do not continue."

-Useful for: When a player abuses unstuck to get to a spot/ outside of the map
-Why: When you see a player abuse unstuck to go outside of the map (whether it be by accident or on purpose), or if the unstuck command is unable to aid a player in their current state.

"!ss"(Not needed anymore but could be useful)

-Useful for: Used to be used for long taunts, but now its use is contemplated

Finally, I have menu binded so that when I hit the key it opens menu without typing it in chat. You do this bind with whatever key I just use h

Bind h "xgui”

-Useful for: opening up menu, for when you’re a scrub, like me, who can’t type the right name to kick/mute/gag/teleport

Recommended use of a bind:
"Spectator is for staff only. Please leave by pressing f1 or f2."
“(Player name) please exit unassigned by pressing f1 or f2 :)”

I hope the upcoming staff additions find this helpful, and hopefully current staff. If anybody else has binds they like feel free to message me on steam so I can review and add them. My steam profile link is > http://steamcommunity.com/id/carltonstevens777/
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
-=THIS IS AN OPINION FROM MY EXPERIENCE, IF YOU CANNOT TAKE AN OPINION AS AN OPINION THEN GO FALL OFF OF SOMETHING=-

While yes, it has a welcoming look to them, it almost looks like its made for kindergartners. They dont look assertive or serious at all, just statements made to look like something to voluntarily follow. Just the fact that they are copy/paste robotic statements to just spam people at drains personality and involvement of staff, just press a button, !mute Odd Fellow, !kick Odd Fellow ghosting, !xban Odd Fellow, done. Hardly any personality or involvement in the actual person, or at least very little. Binds need to have at least a human personality yet assertive aspect to them, else they are statements made by robots.

While the friendliness of the binds are welcoming, warnings are not made to be welcoming, they are made to make a point without being just all caps lock. 

=THIS IS AN OPINION FROM MY EXPERIENCE, IF YOU CANNOT TAKE AN OPINION AS AN OPINION THEN GO FALL OFF OF SOMETHING=-
(02-14-2017, 09:40 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: -=THIS IS AN OPINION FROM MY EXPERIENCE, IF YOU CANNOT TAKE AN OPINION AS AN OPINION THEN GO FALL OFF OF SOMETHING=-

While yes, it has a welcoming look to them, it almost looks like its made for kindergartners. They dont look assertive or serious at all, just statements made to look like something to voluntarily follow. Just the fact that they are copy/paste robotic statements to just spam people at drains personality and involvement of staff, just press a button, !mute Odd Fellow, !kick Odd Fellow ghosting, !xban Odd Fellow, done. Hardly any personality or involvement in the actual person, or at least very little. Binds need to have at least a human personality yet assertive aspect to them, else they are statements made by robots.

While the friendliness of the binds are welcoming, warnings are not made to be welcoming, they are made to make a point without being just all caps lock. 

=THIS IS AN OPINION FROM MY EXPERIENCE, IF YOU CANNOT TAKE AN OPINION AS AN OPINION THEN GO FALL OFF OF SOMETHING=-

Thanks for your opinion. I was attempting for binds to look less scary, and more friendly. I will rephrase a few of them to try and make them a little more formal. But I don't really appreciate your header from my opinion Heart
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]