Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Travis Trusted Application #2
As for the break from server, even if the people who I was around got on server, I would not get on. You guys are misunderstanding me by saying that I allow a small group people affect where I go. I've done my own thing in these past 2 weeks and that group of people has had no affect on what I've done.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I don’t like continuing whole conversations in apps but I do believe his point wasn’t that he keeps to a small group in gmod (which does happen to be common in some staff groups btw) but rather that he has been with a small group outside of gmod.
Also fair per staff *roles*, just felt it fair to point out he has still be active in some role outside of server itself

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I have decided after being presented with specific items to change my vote to a -1.
I am not entirely comfortable with speaking about the reason of this on the forums but will be taking another action in means of showing my reasoning.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
-1 Travis I see you as a friend, but your time has been decreasing alot and I know your saying your going through things right now, but I literally went through the same situation you went through and missed a day or 2 on server, but I got on for like 30 minutes or so when i could. Dong who posted about his IRL problems still got on and did what he needed to do for TTT. Its dedication and right now I don't know if your ready to be staff again. I don't want another inactive staff member or someone who gets only when they have to.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(01-30-2019, 07:02 PM)happy Wrote: -1 Travis I see you as a friend, but your time has been decreasing alot and I know your saying your going through things right now, but I literally went through the same situation you went through and missed a day or 2 on server, but I got on for like 30 minutes or so when i could. Dong who posted about his IRL problems still got on and did what he needed to do for TTT. Its dedication and right now I don't know if your ready to be staff again. I don't want another inactive staff member or someone who gets only when they have to.

People respond differently to stress and hectic matters in life. Just because you react one way to something doesnt mean he should be forced to react the same way in his situation. Things affect others differently and at the end of the day this is a game and irl matters should take top priority. Crapping all over him for dealing with irl stuff is kind of brutal when you put it in the sense of "well I can handle all this stuff and still staff but you can't so you don't deserve a chance."

The point is just because people have things going on and can't be as active as you when you have stuff going on doesnt mean they don't deserve a chance. Wouldn't you want a chance if you were going through a bunch of stuff and had to handle those things? Life comes first and being able to admit he slipped up is a big step. 

Like I said, at the end of the day this is a game and in my opinion it is being taken more serious then a job interview for ruler of a country. I think it's also unfair that him dealing with life stuff is now being held against him like you all have never been in his position where you have to prioritize life over a game.
(01-30-2019, 07:11 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 07:02 PM)happy Wrote: -1 Travis I see you as a friend, but your time has been decreasing alot and I know your saying your going through things right now, but I literally went through the same situation you went through and missed a day or 2 on server, but I got on for like 30 minutes or so when i could. Dong who posted about his IRL problems still got on and did what he needed to do for TTT. Its dedication and right now I don't know if your ready to be staff again. I don't want another inactive staff member or someone who gets only when they have to.

People respond differently to stress and hectic matters in life. Just because you react one way to something doesnt mean he should be forced to react the same way in his situation. Things affect others differently and at the end of the day this is a game and irl matters should take top priority. Crapping all over him for dealing with irl stuff is kind of brutal when you put it in the sense of "well I can handle all this stuff and still staff but you can't so you don't deserve a chance."

The point is just because people have things going on and can't be as active as you when you have stuff going on doesnt mean they don't deserve a chance. Wouldn't you want a chance if you were going through a bunch of stuff and had to handle those things? Life comes first and being able to admit he slipped up is a big step. 

Like I said, at the end of the day this is a game and in my opinion it is being taken more serious then a job interview for ruler of a country. I think it's also unfair that him dealing with life stuff is now being held against him like you all have never been in his position where you have to prioritize life over a game.

I never said don't give him a chance like i said right now I don't know if he's ready to be staff again. Especially if its what he's going through or dealing with is hindering him coming on server as it is. Why add more stress to someone who is already stressed....
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(01-30-2019, 07:27 PM)happy Wrote: I never said don't give him a chance like i said right now I don't know if he's ready to be staff again. Especially if its what he's going through or dealing with is hindering him coming on server as it is. Why add more stress to someone who is already stressed...
If he was too stressed to handle it I do believe he would state he was by simply commenting so. You all -1 him without asking him if he would be too stressed to handle it, if it would stress him out, or if he has handled the stuff and is capable of handling it in his own opinion now.
Honestly, if I didn't think I couldn't handle being staff right now, I would've left this topic alone when happy made mention of my time. The fact that I even showed a response should show that I still have an interest. I understand that I may present myself as not dedicated or interested but that simply isn't true. Actions speak louder than words and i understand that. It'll be up to Dink whatever happens though.
I'm going to have to change my vote too. Travis, I consider you a friend. I respect you, but I don't know if you're ready for staffing as of right now anymore. This has been on my mind since it happened, but to address the comments above mine, I would like to add to the incident that occurred about a month ago. You and Link made fun of me for a certain something and never knew when to stop. It makes me feel like you have no boundaries because you only bothered to apologize when I talked about wanting to quit because I was being bullied into the ground. I hope that you continue to grow as a person and hopefully things straighten out in your life, so you can have more activity, etc. But I have to -1 you now man. I hope the next time you apply if this gets denied that you have learned a little more.
(01-30-2019, 07:37 PM)dong Wrote: I'm going to have to change my vote too. Travis, I consider you a friend. I respect you, but I don't know if you're ready for staffing as of right now anymore. This has been on my mind since it happened, but to address the comments above mine, I would like to add to the incident that occurred about a month ago. You and Link made fun of me for a certain something and never knew when to stop. It makes me feel like you have no boundaries because you only bothered to apologize when I talked about wanting to quit because I was being bullied into the ground. I hope that you continue to grow as a person and hopefully things straighten out in your life, so you can have more activity, etc. But I have to -1 you now man. I hope the next time you apply if this gets denied that you have learned a little more.

I understand my friend. Thank you.