Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ShdSteel accidental T on T RDM poorly handled
Offender's Name: ShdSteel, Trombowen

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22600863, STEAM_0:1:40370037

Offender's Rank: Regular, Trusted

What They Did: Ok, so ShdSteel and I were traitors on the Lost Temple map. We were killing people in the spawn platform. I was trying to kill oscarneva (innocent) with a SG552, and ShdSteel was trying to knife him. I accidentally crossfired and killed ShdSteel, and then killed <SK> | Wonka, which was innocent. I immediately jumped down the hole, and then ShdSteel let me know that I RDM'd him. However, it was too late for me to defib him. So he reported me, Trombowen added 2 slays on me, and I had no idea what happened, so I said I'd need to check the logs. Upon seeing the deathcam and understanding what happened, I tried reasoning with ShdSteel, to which he replied "ShdSteel to You: ur a bad man ur goin way long time". Then I explained what happened above to the public chat, which I knew there were moderators that could read it, and got promptly ignored. Then I tried chatting with Trombowen privately to explain what happened, but he just wouldn't take my word for it that it was an accident. So here I am in the forums, reporting the whole situation.

When They Did It: 2019-01-16, 2:52, ttt_lost_temple_v2, round 5

Potential Witnesses: <SK> | Wonka (STEAM_0:0:339305)

Proof: In the attachments. I couldn't download the death cam.

Other: I am rank Regular on the server. Why would I willingly RDM a T buddy, knowing that it's 2 slays on me? Moreover, why, even after all these hours of playing, would mods not believe me when I was saying the truth about being an accidental crossfire. If I did it maliciously, then I'd like both Trombowen and ShdSteel to say what might have been the reason for me to kill ShdSteel. Which, might I say, will all be able to be refuted because it was an ACCIDENT.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-17-2019, 12:40 AM)Melo Wrote: Offender's Name: ShdSteel, Trombowen

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:22600863, STEAM_0:1:40370037

Offender's Rank: Regular, Trusted

What They Did: Ok, so ShdSteel and I were traitors on the Lost Temple map. We were killing people in the spawn platform. I was trying to kill oscarneva (innocent) with a SG552, and ShdSteel was trying to knife him. I accidentally crossfired and killed ShdSteel, and then killed <SK> | Wonka, which was innocent. I immediately jumped down the hole, and then ShdSteel let me know that I RDM'd him. However, it was too late for me to defib him. So he reported me, Trombowen added 2 slays on me, and I had no idea what happened, so I said I'd need to check the logs. Upon seeing the deathcam and understanding what happened, I tried reasoning with ShdSteel, to which he replied "ShdSteel to You: ur a bad man ur goin way long time". Then I explained what happened above to the public chat, which I knew there were moderators that could read it, and got promptly ignored. Then I tried chatting with Trombowen privately to explain what happened, but he just wouldn't take my word for it that it was an accident. So here I am in the forums, reporting the whole situation.

When They Did It: 2019-01-16, 2:52, ttt_lost_temple_v2, round 5

Potential Witnesses: <SK> | Wonka (STEAM_0:0:339305)

Proof: In the attachments. I couldn't download the death cam.

Other: I am rank Regular on the server. Why would I willingly RDM a T buddy, knowing that it's 2 slays on me? Moreover, why, even after all these hours of playing, would mods not believe me when I was saying the truth about being an accidental crossfire. If I did it maliciously, then I'd like both Trombowen and ShdSteel to say what might have been the reason for me to kill ShdSteel. Which, might I say, will all be able to be refuted because it was an ACCIDENT.

Generally a crossfire kill is up to the mods discretion, but you also have to ask yourself what is fair. Mr. Steel was probably waiting quite some time for that traitor round and you managed to kill him just a few seconds into the round. That's pretty upsetting for him.

Many of the T on T kills are accidents, but that doesn't mean they can be simply wiped away. If we ignored accidents every time, then there would be "accidents" 3-4 times a round.

You made the mistake and from what I can tell, Mr. Trombowen was certainly in the right to slay you both times. You made a mistake and you had to pay the punishment for it. We've all taken slays for making accidents and most of us haven't come to the forums to complain about them either.

You also shouldn't have reported Mr. Steel either. All he did was make a report when he was upset about you killing him. He did nothing wrong in this situation. He doesn't have to forgive you, especially when he is upset.

Overall, this complaint seems pretty petty to me.
I left like, right after you said that because I wanted to go eat dinner as it was 9 PM and I ate at like 1 and saw there were enough staff for me to just go.

What I recall though was, you asked if there was any way to get the second slay removed? That the death scene would make it obvious that it wasn't intentional.
The problem is, we can't view the death scene once the map changes, and it happened round 5 of the previous map in lost temple and then the map changed to Crummy Cradle when you asked with 30 seconds before the round started. Not sure if you asked beforehand because that's the only instance I saw.

On the situation of it being accidental and if it was crossfire, the rest of us can't watch the death scene but Trombowen handled it how he felt was deserved, it's up to the staff handling it to be their discretion.

Maybe in the future he can ask for a second opinion but that's how it went, the slays were already given out and it doesn't seem like it was a matter of abuse.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
This is the problem with not bringing it up with me on the map that I added the slays. I know you said that you tried to do this, but I genuinely don't remember seeing anything regarding this. Anyway, what happened was this: ShdSteel was up there at lost temple spawn with Melo killing the remaining innocents that didn't immediately jump down. ShdSteel chases one guy in front of Melo with a knife and eventually kills him. If I remember correctly from the death scene when I initially handled it, Melo starts firing almost immediately after the knife connects, and he eventually kills ShdSteel. I did not rule this as crossfire because the person he was claiming to be firing at was already dead. I would've ruled differently if ShdSteel had crossed in front of him before that inno died, but the fact that ShdSteel had already used the knife and was gunned down a second later made me rule it as unintentional T on T rdm, which required two slays. I explained this to you around 30 min ago, but you seemed determined to make this a forum discussion.

tl;dr

Melo shot ShdSteel and killed him a second after he killed an innocent with a knife.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Yeah this is one of those things that looks like it could totally have been intentional but it was a matter of slow reaction time. Worst thing that happened here is extra slay, so it's pretty petty to report it on forums, but since it's here, I will add if the victim party does only want one slay after slays are assigned, feel free to asay/psay and specify that too. But I don't see any abuse here on Trombowen's part.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I don't get why you are reporting shdsteel tho all he did was report you for t on t rdm
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Well, ok. It was pretty unfortunate that the incident happened too late at the round so the death scene wasn't around for too long, so I was fumbling and fighting against the clock. And I spent most of my slays checking everything over that happened, so they didn't matter as much. As Dildo said, it was a matter of slow reaction time, so much that I only noticed I killed Steel when he reported/psaid me. And I know, it does feel petty bringing it up to the forums, but I just didn't feel like the situation went as smoothly as it should've. Especially with the negative vibes that Steel was giving me, and the way that Trombowen was refuting my arguments, it did leave me pretty frustrated. It really felt like everyone was saying to me that it was on purpose instead of being an accident.

So my suggestions for Trombowen are: next time, a "I'm sorry Melo, but even on accidental T on T deaths the penalty is two slays" would've sufficed, even though you probably didn't (and still doesn't) believe that it was accidental. It would prevent the entire discussion we had in game, it would be a lot faster to deal with, and it would leave me less frustrated.

My suggestion for ShdSteel is: pls don't hate the melo. It wasn't on purpose, and even though I screw up sometimes, I never mean to harm others. Sorry :c

And I guess it would be hard to come up with a general improvement on the server as a whole for this kind of situation, since it rarely happens, but... Maybe a list could be made as time goes and filled with these rare situations and how to deal with them. That way, if they do happen again, people can be redirected to the forums and it will be a lot easier to deal with them. And if a new situation happens and is not on the list already, it can be added.
Pretty sure a crossfire T-on-T kill is literally listed as accidental in the rules which is one slay

But yea, pretty petty to forum report an extra slay, even if it wasn't deserved.
(01-17-2019, 09:00 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Pretty sure a crossfire T-on-T kill is literally listed as accidental in the rules which is one slay

But yea, pretty petty to forum report an extra slay, even if it wasn't deserved.

I was on the fence about this at first, but the reason I ultimately decided to do two slays was because it wasn't really crossfire. The only person if front of Melo when he started shooting was ShdSteel. It really could've gone either way, but that's what I decided when I was handling it.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(01-17-2019, 09:00 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Pretty sure a crossfire T-on-T kill is literally listed as accidental in the rules which is one slay

T-on-t accidental is 1 slay.
T-on-t on purpose is 2 slays.

Anyways to @Melo 
I was on that day and I do recall that you did ask after serving one slay and asking to remove the second slay. So then, you told one of the mods which I forgot who it was but anyway, you complained about @Trombowen incompetent of the slay and how he handled it. So then I recall that he was privately discussing it with you on discord. I'm guessing it went out of hand and so you got upset Whether it's accidental or not, the final judgement still falls under the staff discretion. Yes, he had his choice to give you one or two. No one forced him to give you two.
If you're reporting trombowen for either a mistakes he did. Evidently that's the reason why we have trusted. You learn you way. He may or may not make a mistake. But the way you explained your situation may seem unfair to the other party. But to you it was justified or accidental. 

But if it was me that handle the report, of course, I'll have time to view death scene. But if what happen shows exactly as you explained. I personally would count it as accidental rdm. Because crossfire has always been counted as a accidental rdm. But only if it actually looks like a crossfire. For example, if you're purposedly aimed at your own traitor buddy but then sees an innocent and use that advantage as a crossfire, then I would slay you for purpose rdm.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.