Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Important] Regarding changing back to PS1 - Know the risks.
I understand that many people here would like to have Point Shop 2 removed for Point Shop 1 because PS2 has been a little unstable.

I would like to first address that i have solved many of PS2 issues server side by relaxing the SQL server settings to be a little more forgiving and to have expected data ready to go in memory before its even asked for.
In the last 2 weeks I have issued the following improvements:

Such as 
1)Increasing connection timeouts (Doubled the timeout limit so  No more disconnect false positives.)
2)Increasing the join buffer (Each individual connection gets 1 MB of dedicated buffer ram now [That's a lot normally its a few kilobytes] )
3)Increased the amount of threads
4)Increased the data packets to allow up to 32 MB of data in a query.
5)Increased the file table cache
6)Increased Read and Write Timeouts (Doubled)

The PS2 Database should be much more smooth and stable.
It should be rock solid for both TTT and PH. 

Second and very importantly I want to show you HOW PS1 stores its data and why it will not work in the future.
I want to show you how this plugin works and then show you how PS2 works and compare the 2.
I talked about it a little bit however i don't believe anyone really grasped this so I made this video, narrated by me so you will get to hear my voice possibly for the first time.

Anyway thank you for your time.
Good video. I see what SQL is like now. Thanks to @"A Fish" and @queef commando for making the servers playable again.
The funny thing is... looking through the old PS1 database.
You wont believe this.

Remember the OLD autoslay system we had?
The guy also threw in there the slays for next round in the same table... mixed in with peoples points and weapons and hats.

You know so when the round started it had to read the whole database to find out who needed to be slayed the next round.

I can excuse everything else to lack of experience but I cant excuse this
He was so lazy that he could not code a separate table for the nrslays.

Its not like tables cost anything and this is not a setting that dink could change. This was a design decision by the coder.

Don't believe me watch the video again you will see some rows labeled [slaynr_slays]
You sound like a stereotypical minecraft lets player from 2010.
i've honestly enjoyed the new point shop 2 shit. even through the struggles, thx for all the hard work.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
So that's what you sound like :o
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
As of now, PH will not be suggesting a switch back to pointshop one.