Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Please add this rule to the MOTD
Hmmmmm used to I thought. Must have been going off of memory

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Is this your way of putting your fault on others or? Because this map has been around for a while from what I know and you have too sooooooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
(03-09-2019, 07:34 PM)JustKuono Wrote: Is this your way of putting your fault on others or? Because this map has been around for a while from what I know and you have too sooooooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's been on the server for about a month, making it one of the newest maps.
I mean it wouldn't hurt to add a list of map specific things, similar to an illegal spots list on PH. If there are specific exploits that are known, why not put them out there? In any case, a ban without a warning is almost never justifiable. At least in my opinion and experience from staffing.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(03-09-2019, 07:41 PM)nopleez Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 07:34 PM)JustKuono Wrote: Is this your way of putting your fault on others or? Because this map has been around for a while from what I know and you have too sooooooo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok but when this server had this map before (exact same version of this map), blocking the car was still not allowed, and people were told not to block the teleporter. Jog my memory, but you were around back then, and I know people were banned for blocking the car back then.  As for the situation that occurred earlier, it wouldn't have been hard for someone to just say "Hey knock it off" but to argue you've never heard this said before to you is a bit ridiculous, considering others have been told the same thing while you've been on, so why would it make it right for you to do it but others cant?

As for other things and why this thread was made, I don't think it hurts to have a list of exploits so people are aware of what they are when joining the server. I don't think it needs to be directly on the motd, but a hyperlink that leads to a link of what we consider exploits on the server wouldn't hurt.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(03-09-2019, 08:13 PM)Avi Wrote:

Ok but when this server had this map before (exact same version of this map), blocking the car was still not allowed, and people were told not to block the teleporter. Jog my memory, but you were around back then, and I know people were banned for blocking the car back then.  As for the situation that occurred earlier, it wouldn't have been hard for someone to just say "Hey knock it off" but to argue you've never heard this said before to you is a bit ridiculous, considering others have been told the same thing while you've been on, so why would it make it right for you to do it but others cant?

It was removed from the rules, so I assumed it was no longer an issue. Like I stated in a previous post, this is a very common thing to do on many other servers. Now that I know it is still an issue I will not do it.

The point of this thread was to have the rule written down somewhere. I am not saying I am free of guilt. However, I still think it was unfair to have almost banned me without saying a single thing to me.
Blocking the cars on that map doesn't crash it. It never has and I don't understand where that ever came from. Putting ragdolls in the teleporter does sometimes crash it because of the way the geometry acts when it respawns sometimes.

Also we've had a version of the map without cars for like the last 7 months or something. The v14 version was added a little over 1 month ago.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(03-09-2019, 08:20 PM)nopleez Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:13 PM)Avi Wrote:

It was removed from the rules, so I assumed it was no longer an issue. Like I stated in a previous post, this is a very common thing to do on many other servers. Now that I know it is still an issue I will not do it.

The point of this thread was to have the rule written down somewhere. I am not saying I am free of guilt. However, I still think it was unfair to have almost banned me without saying a single thing to me.

It was no longer a rule when the map was removed, but it would make sense that it carries over when the map was readded and others have been told not to do it.  I do agree that jumping to an immediate ban without at least telling you to stop was unnecessary though.

(03-09-2019, 08:24 PM)queef commando Wrote: Blocking the cars on that map doesn't crash it. It never has and I don't understand where that ever came from. Putting ragdolls in the teleporter does sometimes crash it because of the way the geometry acts when it respawns sometimes.

As for this, I don't have crashing issues when on the server, but when he put a prop in the way of the white car earlier, my game crashed.  I've also noticed when people try to do this that my fps drops considerably if Im near the road on that map.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~