Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Traitor but back in Red or Green.
+0 for Admin
+1 for either Mod or Trusted

You are a wonderful person, but haven't played with you at the same time but from what I've experienced is that you are capable for Mod or Trusted but not quite too sure about admin. But best of Luck and hope you get one of the positions ^-^
Resigned Ph Trusted March 11th 2019 - February 12th 2020
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”

― Jess C. Scott
+1 to any rank Moderator or below. It would be dumb to deny help from someone who knows the rules and understands this community inside and out like Traitor does. He can be very benificial back on the server.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
(03-13-2019, 01:41 PM)Avi Wrote: If you want an honest opinion, here it is. I don't think people should be able to just walk in and take their rank back. You should have to work from the bottom and show you are committed to sticking around before you move higher. I also think if you want to staff, you should show that effort by using your main account to show your commitment and not pop on with it "when needed." Not everyone's going to recognize it's you and will question why you're applying.

With that being said, -1 to mod/admin and -1 to starting at trusted as well.
Avi when you say “I don’t think people should be able to just walk and take their rank back” is fair because we’ve had many people come back because of personal problems or irl problems and they were able to get their rank back. For example, Link got his rank back after resigning twice.l and he didn’t have to show she was commuted and work his way from the bottom. I don’t understand how this is different. Yes Traitor was an admin but there isn’t any problem with him getting Moderator. He left for personal problems that affected him getting active on the server and he didn’t want to let it continue so he resigned. I don’t really think it’s fair that we keep saying the same thing over and over again that shouldn’t really be reasons. We somewhat do still need help in the mornings. Even though Kitty is normally on in the mornings and so am I, I can’t be on long. I wake up at 4 or 5 and get on the server around maybe 5:10 then I have to get off and leave for work at 6:36 or 6:40 (depending on traffic) so there’s this blank slate that there are not really any staff on (I mainly mean when a Trusted is having a hard time with someone or needs a ban (and has a ban request up)and has to keep kicking the person because they come back). And Traitor can play anytime witch can help the server. He’s already on basically everyday so he is showing that he plans on being active. I do agree that the alts are a problem and needs to be corrected. I’m just stating something, not trying to cause anything. Just saying how I feel with some of these responses. (I’m not just talking about Avi’s response. My phone can’t switch to different pages without deleting all I’ve typed)

If i have any misspells I’m sorry. I was driving at the time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-15-2019, 06:13 AM)Kasumi Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:41 PM)Avi Wrote: If you want an honest opinion, here it is.  I don't think people should be able to just walk in and take their rank back.  You should have to work from the bottom and show you are committed to sticking around before you move higher.  I also think if you want to staff, you should show that effort by using your main account to show your commitment and not pop on with it "when needed."  Not everyone's going to recognize it's you and will question why you're applying.

Avi when you say “I don’t think people should be able to just walk and take their rank back” is fair because we’ve had many people come back because of personal problems or irl problems and they were able to get their rank back. For example, Link got his rank back after resigning twice.l and he didn’t have to show she was commuted and work his way from the bottom. I don’t understand how this is different. Yes Traitor was an admin but there isn’t any problem with him getting Moderator. He left for personal problems that affected him getting active on the server and he didn’t want to let it continue so he resigned. I don’t really think it’s fair that we keep saying the same thing over and over again that shouldn’t really be reasons. We somewhat do still need help in the mornings. Even though Kitty is normally on in the mornings and so am I, I can’t be on long. I wake up at 4 or 5 and get on the server around maybe 5:10 then I have to get off and leave for work at 6:36 or 6:40 (depending on traffic) so there’s this blank slate that there are not really any staff on (I mainly mean when a Trusted is having a hard time with someone or needs a ban (and has a ban request up)and has to keep kicking the person because they come back). And Traitor can play anytime witch can help the server. He’s already on basically everyday so he is showing that he plans on being active. I do agree that the alts are a problem and needs to be corrected. I’m just stating something, not trying to cause anything. Just saying how I feel with some of these responses. (I’m not just talking about Avi’s response. My phone can’t switch to different pages without deleting all I’ve typed)

Avi is not the first or only person to say something like that but what has been implied that the belief that no one should be able to come back after a certain time period and get their previous rank back. Even though you may not necessarily believe so, to several people, it is a legitimate reason. Yes, PH is overall the same but there are many differences that have happened since Traitor has left. There are also times in the afternoon where no staff are usually on and the likelihood that due to times there will always be times throughout the day where there might not be a staff member on. After checking his gametracker, Traitor just recently started playing regularly again just before this application went up. Also, please drive safely.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(03-13-2019, 01:41 PM)Avi Wrote: If you want an honest opinion, here it is.  I don't think people should be able to just walk in and take their rank back.  You should have to work from the bottom and show you are committed to sticking around before you move higher.  I also think if you want to staff, you should show that effort by using your main account to show your commitment and not pop on with it "when needed."  Not everyone's going to recognize it's you and will question why you're applying.

Again, I'll reiterate, I don't believe anyone should be able to come back and take their rank back, regardless of circumstance.  Had it been my decision, you and Link would have started at the bottom and worked your way back. Hell I've resigned from TTT twice because of irl issues and started at trusted each time I came back. It's another thing of you tell the community that you want to hold your rank and temporarily go inactive to handle things, but at the time Traitor didn't want to return when he left (he might claim otherwise and that he wanted to come back but several of us know what he's said about the community after he left).
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(03-15-2019, 09:23 AM)Avi Wrote:

Again, I'll reiterate, I don't believe anyone should be able to come back and take their rank back, regardless of circumstance.  Had it been my decision, you and Link would have started at the bottom and worked your way back. Hell I've resigned from TTT twice because of irl issues and started at trusted each time I came back. It's another thing of you tell the community that you want to hold your rank and temporarily go inactive to handle things, but at the time Traitor didn't want to return when he left (he might claim otherwise and that he wanted to come back but several of us know what he's said about the community after he left).

Ive never resigned from the community. Yes I did disappear but I had no control over that. At that time I was in school and I was getting bad grades and doing bad things. I didn’t ask for my computer to get taken away. So technically I never resigned.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-15-2019, 09:57 AM)Kasumi Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 09:23 AM)Avi Wrote:

Ive never resigned from the community. Yes I did disappear but I had no control over that. At that time I was in school and I was getting bad grades and doing bad things. I didn’t ask for my computer to get taken away. So technically I never resigned.
Ok that's a different situation, which I have no knowledge behind. If you were demoted because they cleared out the staff list of inactive staff, then that's a situation where you should also work your way back up. For the sake of flooding this app, if you want to continue this discussion, lets take it elsewhere.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~

just because my name was in here I'm gonna respond to this so yeah I did get my rank back after my first resign but it was literally less than a week and I was totally willing to start out as trusted again I made a mistake resigning the first time and I do regret it still it was an impulsive decision I made and I should've thought through it more before I did it, my second resign was in February and I haven't come back at all I still have my rank because Dink hasn't taken it away yet I don't want to be ph staff anymore and I probably won't ever again or if I do it won't be for a long time.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
I'm neutral on traitor coming back as staff, but imo if he does get it he should at least start out as trusted to see if he still wants to stick around and to learn the newer rules and changes made during his absences. Now that is out the way I would like to say that staff apps are meant to critique the applicant not bring up former staff members when the time gone was different a week compared to three months.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Personal comments somewhere else chiefs, but the overall point is valid
I think it’d be pointless in terms of staffing to make a previous distinguished staff member run all the way through the ranks again. It just limits their ability to staff.
I believe the hang up is less which commands they get, or their ability to use them, but rather the “leadership” hierarchy. 3 months isn’t enough for the PH staff to not know Traitor, and not enough for him to forget how to staff. However, I believe the staff should not come back into Admin positions after resigning, and even long breaks in the community (demotion potential). A few reasons for that, because how is said admin going to read the room if they don’t know the staff anymore, and why would someone who left the team get to come back on top of the members who stayed and kept staffing. So Admin out
Moderator I’m fine with. Like I said it would be a waste of his talents/ability. It’s not the command position, there are many moderators in general.
I try to apply the logic to all, and there are several former moderators in TTT who I would back for returning to mod because I know their ability and they have kept up with the community. Granted traitor has been gone the majority of the 3 months, but that’s hardly long enough to claim we don’t know him anymore.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon