advertising hacks btw
(04-18-2019, 07:55 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Btw I doubt this will remain perma, we just haven’t attached a time yet

probably should have opened with that
Something to understand from the staff point of view is that Hacking is always going to be a touchy subject no matter the person involved. Hell some of our biggest community fights have been over somebody and hacking (<3 you @Fozzy). So I hope it sheds a little light on why it may have seemed like a quick trigger finger with the ban over this.

In terms of this case itself I can promise you my word that there were no personal opinions involved in this decision, I was one of the staff members directly in the conversation and will even say I supported a ban. We all simply thought you were being serious about it (Seeing as it's an actual site) and I saw it as an open and shut advertising hacks = Ban case. (Regarding the lack of this in !motd; I will agree that it is common sense but there is a point to make about maybe putting it in there to cover all bases.)

Now looking upon this case and looking at your replies it seems you are understanding that we didn't see it as a stupid joke at the time but I will say that I personally see it as that now. As long as you see the joke was in poor taste and crosses that sensitive line to gmod servers which is hacking, I have no problem supporting an unban.

At the end of the day no major harm was done and I personally don't see you as a repeat offender of advertising hacks. 

+1 For Unban.
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
(04-18-2019, 08:07 PM)Geist Wrote: Something to understand from the staff point of view is that Hacking is always going to be a touchy subject no matter the person involved. Hell some of our biggest community fights have been over somebody and hacking (<3 you @Fozzy). So I hope it sheds a little light on why it may have seemed like a quick trigger finger with the ban over this.

In terms of this case itself I can promise you my word that there were no personal opinions involved in this decision, I was one of the staff members directly in the conversation and will even say I supported a ban. We all simply thought you were being serious about it (Seeing as it's an actual site) and I saw it as an open and shut advertising hacks = Ban case. (Regarding the lack of this in !motd; I will agree that it is common sense but there is a point to make about maybe putting it in there to cover all bases.)

Now looking upon this case and looking at your replies it seems you are understanding that we didn't see it as a stupid joke at the time but I will say that I personally see it as that now. As long as you see the joke was in poor taste and crosses that sensitive line to gmod servers which is hacking, I have no problem supporting an unban.

At the end of the day no major harm was done and I personally don't see you as a repeat offender of advertising hacks. 

+1 For Unban.
Honestly the fact that it was a straight up perma with no warning is what made me so flustered but after reading this I can understand why.. thanks.
Looking at what was said and the context behind it, that was a joke. As I stated in discord, I've said things like "hacks_enable_0" after people jokingly accuse me of hacking, am I going to get perma'd next time for making a joke? I see this nowhere near as severe as people who come on spamming what hacking client they use or spamming the link to the client (in most of those cases they use the hack client to spam the chat) which should warrant a punishment. But for what he said, a warning or "don't do it again" should have sufficed. With that being said, if bans are going to continue for things like this or advertising hacks, lay something out in the !motd so people can't argue it or get confused over it. And for this ban, I think an unban would be fair.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
just unban him, muting him and giving him a warning would've done the job.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
what's the word :)
only because you're fishy and i already have proof of u cheating anyway so bye :3
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
(04-19-2019, 02:29 PM)[HSS] RUETWOTHREES Wrote: -1
only because you're fishy and i already have proof of u cheating anyway so bye :3

> : (
(04-19-2019, 02:47 PM)^ ^1?aeth0r Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 02:29 PM)[HSS] RUETWOTHREES Wrote: -1

?

oops

??
"Rue the day."
an unhealthy balance of skill and toxicity.
[Image: 4JZPSYV.png]
Ban him again
[Image: b_560x95.png]