Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Message From Your Local Drew
So obviously I haven't been on... at all  :-/

I hate to say it, but it is often very stressful being an admin on here. There are always issues with the rules coming up. There are always staff members finding new ways to abuse that we have to deal with. There are always more people shitting on each other. And amidst all this, the admins have to sort out every little thing. I know somebody has to do it, and I have gladly been doing it for a long time now... But right now it is just too much for me to handle.

Currently, I am a Junior in high school. My high school is one of the best in the state, and I'm an accelerated student. Five of my seven class are either AP or Honors, with the only two regular courses being Theology and PE. Needless to say, I have quite the work load.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Jean Valjean in my school's musical Les Miserables. We have rehearsal every week day from 5:30-8:30. The actors are also required to achieve a certain amount of crew hours, which takes place before rehearsal from 3:00-5:30. I also need to memorize my lines over time. On my best days, I manage to get most of my homework done right after school, squeeze in some crew time, go to rehearsal, go home, eat dinner, and start finishing my homework around 9:30. 

But wait, there's more. I take weekly voice lessons after school every Thursday, which means every Thursday I do minutes of homework at a time during breaks in classes and lunch. Most days after school, I try to go running and work out with some of my friends (since Jean Valjean is supposed to be strong and I'm a stick), so that eliminates a lot of time I have to do work. I've also been competing in several vocal competitions in New Orleans recently. I won one of them, and in anotherI've moved onto the next round which will be held in Chicago.

I'm also now receiving a lot of pressure from my parents and my school to start looking into where I want to go to college and what I want to do with my life. My parents have this huge book of colleges that they want me to start looking through. So now, I've started looking through that some.

And with all of this going on, I'm somehow managing to get all A's... Just barely. If I add anything else into the picture right now, I could lose that very quickly.

All of these factors have made me pretty on edge the last couple months. I don't get enough sleep as I should, and I've had a couple emotional breakdowns. The last thing I need right now is to have to deal with server bullshit. Yes, there are lots of things I miss about being on the server. Obviously if I thought the whole thing was terrible, I wouldn't have played on it for two and a half years. But as an admin, there is always some problem you're going to have to deal with, whether its the forums or the server.

So I'm taking a break. Once things settle down for me, I plan on coming back and acting as an admin again. Unfortunately, this probably won't happen until Les Mis is over in early April. Until then, feel free to message me if the other admins need a spanking, and I'll try to help you as best as I can. 

Au revoir

~Drew
<3 I will miss you
Have fun :)
*reads post*
[Image: throwing-phone.gif]
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]
Yeah man take time and enjoy real life. You will carry those memories and people for the rest of your life, where here it may only be the next couple years. Not a shot at the server, just stating a deep fact
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
Hope to see you back soon.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
1PS is trash.
I understand the struggle, I'm a junior as well.
That's amazing that you still have straight A's. I'm in a college program and I'm just planning on passing xD
Anyways, although we never met,
 I wish you the best
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
Good luck with everything Drew. I know how that feels.. rip.
Ok
Your uTime data for PH
Drew - STEAM_0:1:27162324 - 00w 0d 00h 04m 08s - Offline - 02/20/17 18:32:43
#Exposed