Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Unassigned kick rule
(05-21-2019, 04:38 PM)Abdel Wrote: This isn't really considered new. The hour had already been here to begin with. People could be connected for a whole map and get around 40 minutes of play time, but them being afk for a few more minutes completes the hour requirement, but this doesn't mean they are time farming. As staff we know when this person goes afk, we notice that they were playing last round and go afk for the next map. I do suggest that, if people know they are gonna be afk for longer than 20 minutes just leave, cause if they want to come back and play, they can reconnect. An hour seems reasonable. For these reasons I'm (-1) on this idea.

So your saying that you think that the 1 hour afk rule is fine, but if they are going to afk longer than twenty they should log off?

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
30 minutes its more than enough time to be afk before a kick, but I'm gonna be honest here, theres no real reason to kick an afk unless the server is starting to become full, imo. If they are time farming then that will only serve to be a negative towards the player if they choose to pursue staff or anything.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(05-21-2019, 05:14 PM)Foxka Wrote: 30 minutes its more than enough time to be afk before a kick, but I'm gonna be honest here, theres no real reason to kick an afk unless the server is starting to become full, imo. If they are time farming then that will only serve to be a negative towards the player if they choose to pursue staff or anything.

i mean i can agree with this honestly tbh
like i said i had it set for under 30 players to be thirty minutes 
but dink was set on the hour thing and we all okay'd it so its not that huge of a deal honestly either way.
we've adjusted to it fine as staff so idk
(05-21-2019, 04:54 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 04:38 PM)Abdel Wrote: This isn't really considered new. The hour had already been here to begin with. People could be connected for a whole map and get around 40 minutes of play time, but them being afk for a few more minutes completes the hour requirement, but this doesn't mean they are time farming. As staff we know when this person goes afk, we notice that they were playing last round and go afk for the next map. I do suggest that, if people know they are gonna be afk for longer than 20 minutes just leave, cause if they want to come back and play, they can reconnect. An hour seems reasonable. For these reasons I'm (-1) on this idea.

So your saying that you think that the 1 hour afk rule is fine, but if they are going to afk longer than twenty they should log off?

I guess now that I read it again, it sounds weird. I said if people know that they will be afk for longer than 20 minutes they should know they will probably be kicked after accumulating close to an hour worth of time. It was a follow up to my comment on people playing for a whole map and then afking later on. I do agree on the same comment tho. If you feel like you're going to be afk for a long period of time might as well just disconnect and load back in. Thanks for pointing this out matt. 

Maps are 30 minutes, 2 maps would be an hour. If people played on 1 map that means they already have 30 mins in the server. So if they decide to afk next round, it's still an indication that they played last map. Yeah according to the rules if there's more than 30 players, we can kick them if they are afk 4 to 5 rounds in, but if its below 30 people thats when the hour rule comes in. Should we have the same rule? Playing the first map just to be afk the first 5 rounds. Gotta remember, some rounds are fast, they could be 5 mins in and we could be into round 6, that would be an assumption of 35 mins now with the addition of last map's time. So yeah, I honestly think the hour rule is fine, at least to me and how i handle it.
An hour is way to long ( for the 5 time mentioned )

I've always thought the 3 - 4th round kick was a great Idea - and gives people that cant Join a chance to join the main instead of the Overflow.Tbh I wont be able to keep an eye on who joins and for how long they have been afk for, even after using the status key.

Abdel has a point in his comment. Maps usually take half and hour ( House V3 ) ( School ) ( Indoor Pool ) imagine being afk for 2 of these maps. That seems a little unfair. Also I believe we should have an Auto Join - meaning Players join after at a certain time. Meaning that Players that are afk actually show ( meaning with deaths ofc ). This could help alot.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
My original post was for those who never start playing and they join and stay in unassigned for over 4 rounds.
(05-21-2019, 07:05 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: My original post was for those who never start playing and they join and stay in unassigned for over 4 rounds

If it were Up to me I would kick, but under the the rules it states
  • Unassigned is for players that have just joined the server.

• AFK is counted as no game play or movement or chat for a long period of time.

• Type status into console, you can see the players connection time, and the status of their connection. It'll say connected, connecting, or similar.
Unassigned/AFK if under 30 players
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification each round.
Punishment 1: Kick after an hour.

Unassigned/AFK if over 30 players
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification each round for 15 minutes.
Punishment 1: Kick.
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
I personally still am okay with the 3-4 rounds (thats almost 15 minutes.) for the above 30 players. thats something we as staff agreed on for the most part.
The other one, for under 30 minutes, we agreed on that, but again as stated, dink wants that to be an hour.
This is being blown up far more than it needs to be imo. Staff have been handling the change well. Players haven't even noticed for the most part, and I'm going to sound rude here, but you haven't even been on to see the changes jupiter.

The maps are about 30 minutes (two of those afk is a kick with the new rule)
Time farming is different than afk. This is something everyone needs to know the difference between.
If you are afk, you don't gain points or anything etc, except time on the server. This is only an issue like foxka said, if you're going to apply for staff or etc.
As for the people that connect and never play, there's an easy way to check if they're still connecting, or are actually connected. Do status in console, over half the time, I myself have noticed it still says those players are connecting. (usually people with bad connections or pcs)
This is something that staff have been told to watch for as well.
All in all i still think this is being blown up more than needed, as the staff have adjusted well and this is a change that dink requested.
(05-21-2019, 07:05 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: My original post was for those who never start playing and they join and stay in unassigned for over 4 rounds.

Thats a whole different matter, you should've began with that. Yeah, I'm pretty sure people who initially join and never play or join a team should be included as a seperate rule to the hour and 30 minutes rule. Even though people may see it as time farming, i don't mind giving them up to the 30 min mark for them to join the server. Some computers out there are very slow.
(05-21-2019, 06:49 PM)Sharky Wrote:
An hour is way to long ( for the 5 time mentioned )

I've always thought the 3 - 4th round kick was a great Idea - and gives people that cant Join a chance to join the main instead of the Overflow.Tbh I wont be able to keep an eye on who joins and for how long they have been afk for, even after using the status key.

Abdel has a point in his comment. Maps usually take half and hour ( House V3 ) ( School ) ( Indoor Pool ) imagine being afk for 2 of these maps. That seems a little unfair. Also I believe we should have an Auto Join - meaning Players join after at a certain time. Meaning that Players that are afk actually show ( meaning with deaths ofc ). This could help alot.

Auto join just sounds like trouble because then the spawns could be full of afk people. On some maps, that is fine as the spawns are spread out but others like elementary school, hunters will be upset knowing that an afk tpose stole their grenade every other round. Also players will just begin bombing the spawn for kills instead of actually playing.

My thoughts on this is that even though I may not like an hour, I do not see the overall harm in it. I have noticed that those who sit in unassigned game's time on the server differs than their gametracker time as if the server doesn't notice the unassigned player. My only issue with waiting an hour and typing status in the console is as a server fills up it gets more difficult to track. A player can be active one map but be afk for the entirety of the next map making the status command with a more full server more difficult to keep track of as the server fills up or continually fluctuates.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army