Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
You can (Not) apply for T-Mod
Let me clarify why he posted his past work experience, I asked him to. For instance, if you put your previous ranks on your steam profile in your description. It helps us identify what you can do, where you came from, and gives us more questions that are specific to ask. It is NOT advertisement if he plays on Dink's 100% of the time. I understand where you are all coming from, but I take my sponsors and evaluations like a job. I ask them questions via messages on discord/steam or voice chat 1on1 to see why they want to get my sponsor. If it seems like advertisement, my apologies, but I wanted him to do this because it will show that he can:

1. Converse with staff with maturity.
2. Understand majority of the rules and guidelines from previous servers and adjust easily to ours.

I want people to take their applications serious and not just pick a person for a sponsor, and then have a nice small paragraph of how great their own self is. I want to know your background, not what you can do. I want to know what you will do and show me in actions.

W I L D
I Am Inevitable. 

:)
It seems that people have completely misinterpreted my staff application and would like to ask that while you see this as a plug for exho's, his server has been dead for nearly 4 years and that I use it as my reference because that is the last community I was a part of. If you have nothing to say about my experience as a staff member of dinks then I ask you comment why you have no opinion of me. Do I not stand out? Do you not agree with how I act? Telling me I am plugging a server that is long dead while giving me no insight as to how i'm ACTUALLY doing as a staff member HERE does not solve any problems or help any decision. I am sorry for fondly remembering a server that I enjoyed but I will not change my staff app to suit what should be considered the "norm." While this may seem like lashing out I want you all to understand my intention here is to move up and be given higher authority with judgement calls and how to handle situations, because as of right now, I do not agree with some of those that are staff, and wish for my voice to be heard more instead of being dismissed.
Otherwise thank you for your insight so far, I apologize if you don't see this as a staff app but I assure you that it is.
^ Ignore that, Lily was a dumb and posted it before she was done

Applying for staff is like applying for a job, when applying for a job-- you have references and want to show your past work experience. There is nothing wrong with showing your work experience so other people can see that you're a good fit for the role. This isn't an advertisement, and being staff isn't necessarily a job either, it's something you do because you care about the community. I can see that Battons has that intent.

Anyways, being on the server a lot, I tend to play a lot when Battons is on. He's a kind and respectful member of the staff team. Being trusted is like your first steps into the staff roster, and I believe that he's well beyond that now. He deserves to take that next step, and we should put that faith in him that he will do well with the opportunity. He genuinely cares and wants to make this place better, and I think now is probably one of the most crucial moments where we really need that. So please, look at someone for who they truly are, their character is paramount. Judging someone for something as asinine as the small grievances on this thread just doesn't settle well. 

So, without further ado~

Pros
Levelheaded
Kind and respectful
Handles reports efficiently and in a timely manner

Shows all qualities of an excellent trusted, who is ready to take that next step
A mature person with experience behind his belt

Cons
He can sometimes get a little too emotionally invested sometimes. However, he tries to keep calm in situations that require a level head.
He's a butt sometimes, but means well.

+1, good luck with your application, I hope to see your name in blue very soon! And if you don't get it now, don't give up, you'll get there eventually as long as you keep trying. 

Remember everyone, let's keep things in this thread professional  Heart
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
One more thing to comment, I won't comment on your server performance bc I don't play with you when Im on, so constructive criticism would be useless in that sense. An additional thing Im already seeing though based on your responses is how you're reacting to people. May I ask since you mentioned it, what is it that you don't agree with some of the staff and how your voice is dismissed?
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Just to clarify, my initial statements were not a judgement of character on Battons.
It was more so a concern I had off of one message he had sent me based off of context and past experience I've had overall in Gmod, not here alone.
I'm rarely on hence why I do not really +1/0/-1 apps anymore, only comment if I feel compelled to.

Also for more context, I used to talk to Battons regularly and he's been overall fairly kind. Reckless of me to voice the concerns I had but they were simply genuine concerns.

I hope this does not derail too much and wish you luck.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
I am removing my comments as they are not constructive.
I agree with Deadpool, showing his past experience shows that he has the potential to be great. I don't feel like this was a plug considering his sponsor asked him to put his past experience too. I have not had any problems with Battons on server or on Discord. He is a good staff member overall. I also agree with the statement that there has been less qualified people who have received promotions in the past, but Battons seems to have all the characteristics that are present in a good Test Mod
I'll throw my hat in the ring here.

I think we all can agree Battons has done a good job as Trusted, handling reports without bias, helping others understand the rules and whatnot. Although putting your past experience as staff for Exho's was a good idea, I think linking Exho's workshop was a bit much.

He's not toxic, he doesn't lose his temper as much as some of the other staff do, he does a good job at his current position, and I see nothing that will hinder his ability to perform well at TMod.

Remember, we've promoted way worse people.

edit: genius over here forgot to put his vote, so +1
With everything that happened today and what was said here and elsewhere I'm standing by what I said and giving a -1. I think you need to work on how you address things when people say their concerns and criticisms, and as you move up the ranks you will get more concerns and criticism. While you seem to know how to handle things on the server from what others have said, being tmod and staff in general means more than just how you are on the server, but discord, the forums, and with staff discussions.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
-1 that was a toxic response for someone attempting to rank up for staff
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions