Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing name mid round
Okay, can we make it so that changing your name mid round is a kick and not a ban? there is no reason to ban someone for changing their name mid round. If they try to change their name mid round, they would kicked and essentially die and waste their round anyways.
I know most people know not to change their name mid round but some guests have to change their names because it's against our rules and they change it mid round and ban themselves. I know mods can just un-ban them right away but at night there isn't always a mod online to unban them

I feel like someone has already thought of this so if it isn't possible then I can understand that.
There is a rather simple reason.

Example

KOS Lycan ( traitor ) is called. He gets killed but not identified. Lycan changes his name to Connor. Lycan is revived but his name now says Connor (not a red highlight on defib traitor because his body was untouched from ID). No one kos'd Connor, only Lycan. People now get killed by Connor. [IN ADDITION] When Connor is kos'd on microphone, Connar is RDM'd because of it.

Players can not have similar names, so before a round starts they have to change them. There is no rule about during because currently they are kicked automatically. We don't need 14 Connar variations mid-round; we've already had 6 or 7 happen before, as well as 9 lycan variants on a map before.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
I think it's built into the TTT gamemode. And if you do change it midround that's on you anyways. Solution: wait until end of round to change your name because otherwise it's a nonexistent problem. And it's such a short ban people can find out the hard way without it being a big deal
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I'm pretty sure that although it is part of the base game mode, it can be changed. This site has some commands listed for it, though I'm not sure if they're using extra plugins or not (don't think so): http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/convars

@Cosmic Tortoise , if they change their name and get kicked then they can't be revived.
(06-25-2019, 05:34 PM)Connar Wrote: I'm pretty sure that although it is part of the base game mode, it can be changed. This site has some commands listed for it, though I'm not sure if they're using extra plugins or not: http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/convars

I've never changed, but I thought it was only a minute.

Sneaky edit while I was replying?
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(06-25-2019, 05:34 PM)Connar Wrote: I'm pretty sure that although it is part of the base game mode, it can be changed. This site has some commands listed for it, though I'm not sure if they're using extra plugins or not (don't think so): http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/convars

@Cosmic Tortoise , if they change their name and get kicked then they can't be revived.

BadKing is literally the creator of TTT lmao