Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban for Targetting
(07-04-2019, 07:23 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(07-04-2019, 05:18 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: There was a report from waterworld in which you stated he was metagaming, and I believe his response was that he never KOSed you, but instead said he gave permission for others to kill you, knowing it was you in disguise.

Sounds like metagaming to me, but not having the screenshot of the actual report or anything from voice chat (considering I joined after this specific incident had taken place) I'd like to hear aeth0r's side, though.

tl;dr what you described pertaining to the whole "disguised" thing sounds like metagaming and killing you as a T for 2 rounds isn't targeting. But without actual proof of metagaming nothing can be done.

Also, DuckBentley was not AFK, but I'm certain his usual garbage ping prevented him from controlling the situation of the other player being targeted. I got on to help with that.

As i recall 3rd person is not allowed, as that would be exploiting.

As for duck, i tried to message about different things for 2 maps and never got a response.

Nobody said anything about 3rd person, but ok
Right so imma throw in my 2 cents here.

1st off can you bloody add full context of those situations then just the damage logs? I mean there is a whole freighter worth of material that is important in these situations too. We cant just go off the damage logs and say "Yeah he targeting ban him, lol." That'd mean we'd have to ban all our mains for consistently killing people who're not as skilled as they are...

2nd off, not gonna lie, if a DETECTIVE gives "Permission" to kill someone its extremely easy to mistake that as a callout to actually kill him... And I'm not referring to the situation where the guy who killed Guru gets a slay for being dumb, but the Detect getting a slay for false KOS. (I lack full context of this, so this is based off the information given)

3rd off, the hell is it with you and adding random quotes that don't make sense, again building on point 1, can you please add more context to the quotes yer throwing out so we can think on the same page, I think I figured out what you meant but I doubt its what happened.

So, to close this off, if you ask me the verdict, not targeting IMO. The reasons Aethor gave are mostly legit, killing AFK's and securing his fav spot. I am quite against the "Giving permission" part, because that's genuinely calling a KOS in the books of some and I don't blame them. This is my call for both o you. Stop trying to find reasons to get people you don't like removed Guru. And Aethor imma ask you to phrase that better, if you're gonna say things like that (Wich I am still against but freedom of speech eh?) could you at least ensure that its you thinking he's a T but no definitive proof?
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
Aeth0r will not be banned for targeting, nothing in here constitutes a ban for that. Next time also try to get recorded proof of the metagaming claim, without valid screenshot/video proof the claim is baseless and can't be acted upon. Your word is not the evidence. I'd recommend something like shadowplay to go back and record things.