Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Weapon Balancing Discussion
(07-16-2019, 09:39 PM)DuckBentley Wrote: I'm the only one that is concerned about the re-'balancing'? I think you need more people invloved to avoid the 'nerf shit i dont like and buff my loadout' problem that i feel has happened before. And if the balance works then yall need to be carefull with adding stuff to server. Like when the Locomotive got a nerf just for the double barrel to get added and when the bullshite got nerfed and then the sw got added. Stuff like that makes the server look hypocritical.

Our main focus is to re-balance every weapon to put them on par with one another. We're not going to nerf the best weapons, unless we feel they're way overpowered. The DB needed to be removed, for it had a game breaking bug. The Locomotive got a nerf, because it was overpowered when it was first added way back around 2017. The Bull$hite was nerfed for it was a lazercannon. As is the S&W, which is currently being looked into.

We never predicted that the DB and S&W would of been added after we had already nerfed the Bull$hite and Locomotive, I wasn't even in control of those being added. I think you're looking a little too deep into what we're trying to accomplish here. As I've stated, our goal is to balance every single gun fairly. And to put them on par with one another. We've agreed to balance these weapons fairly, and with no bias intent.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
*posts on a public forum so everyone has a chance to give input*

(07-16-2019, 09:39 PM)DuckBentley Wrote: I think you need more people invloved
Should also buff the Famas to it's original cause it was nerfed for a shit reason which is "Famas is op" even though all the smgs are basically the same
merry christmas xbox
Sounds coolio, it is difficult but every weapon should be choosable over another one of similiar classes due to preference and situation. Hard shit though without damage drop off, limb damage changes and maybe a bit of armor penetration, but that might be too much. 

Inaccuracy could be a good experiment and even losing accuracy while shooting a bit more extreme then already could be a good try. There is someone who made a overhaul of the TTT weapons with movement inaccuracy while running, walking and jumping. The text file i attached has the SWEP stuff in it, not sure if it is just stuff you can already do with SWEP stuff or whatever but all i did was add it into my game and it worked so it should be. Sadly were i found it was a Facepunch forum thread so it is gone R.I.P. so no extra info.

Attached Files
.txt   Swep stuff that may work defualt.txt (Size: 4.31 KB / Downloads: 5)
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(07-17-2019, 03:01 AM)~$$~ BlackCatTheGreat ♣♣ Wrote: Sounds coolio, it is difficult but every weapon should be choosable over another one of similiar classes due to preference and situation. Hard shit though without damage drop off, limb damage changes and maybe a bit of armor penetration, but that might be too much. 

Inaccuracy could be a good experiment and even losing accuracy while shooting a bit more extreme then already could be a good try. There is someone who made a overhaul of the TTT weapons with movement inaccuracy while running, walking and jumping. The text file i attached has the SWEP stuff in it, not sure if it is just stuff you can already do with SWEP stuff or whatever but all i did was add it into my game and it worked so it should be. Sadly were i found it was a Facepunch forum thread so it is gone R.I.P. so no extra info.

This uses non default properties in the swep file. So the guy using it must have had actual code elsewhere that uses and implements those properties. We can't add the functionality of moving causing inaccuracy without that additional code.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
We'd like to inform players that the current changes are live on the Test Server. We'd appreciate you go hop on there and test em out, and see if any weapons need to be tweaked. Otherwise, I've provided the changelogs down below.

Server IP: 74.91.121.29:27015
Changelogs: Click Here.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(07-17-2019, 03:02 PM)Christian Wrote: We'd like to inform players that the current changes are live on the Test Server. We'd appreciate you go hop on there and test em out, and see if any weapons need to be tweaked. Otherwise, I've provided the changelogs down below.

Server IP: 74.91.121.29:27015
Changelogs: Click Here.

Be sure to ask about our special Luger ;)
(07-17-2019, 06:31 AM)queef commando Wrote: This uses non default properties in the swep file. So the guy using it must have had actual code elsewhere that uses and implements those properties. We can't add the functionality of moving causing inaccuracy without that additional code.

Thats a big ol' sad life right there, and since facepunch is not much more then a sad reminder of what once was so can't really get anything else out of it. I attached the ttt_weapon_base file has the swep stuff so without any actual knowledge i have no idea, cause if it isn't the base_weapon i don't know why it works cause all i downloaded were the straight weapons lua files and put them in. Unless coping over into a text file somehow removes/ruins it, if so would have to send other then an attachment, and with my knowledge all it is is just a text file when used as a .lua file not sure if that would do anything to it. Besides that hope we can get good weapon balance for the server.

Attached Files
.txt   Swep stuff that i don't think will work defualt but might as well try.txt (Size: 19 KB / Downloads: 1)
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
The main concern I see in weapon balance and limb modifiers, is our current Hit Registrar issue. You could headshot someone currently and only make a blood painting on the wall for all they would know.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
Can we bring the pulse rifle back to it's 2015 glory?
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================