Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Necromancy
So I noticed that necroing old threads is very frowned upon in this community, no matter what the relevance of the thread. Any particular reason why? I don't really feel comfortable posting in most of the threads on here because I don't think I know enough to make a valuable contribution, and several of my posts were deleted and the threads locked. Not angry, just curious. At this point I think I might just leave Dink's altogether.
"it's a good idea on paper but in the end it'll just be a clusterfuck of people spamming bombs and committing multiple war crimes." -Arbok
It crowds the latest posts in irreverent threads that most people on the forums have already acknowledged, viewed, or commented their opinions on. There are old threads you can comment on like faces of dinks or missing your rank, but these threads were always meant to be used for years.

Honestly there is no reason to necro threads. It doesn't add anything to discussions because the have already took place and ended. If you want to take place in a forum discussion then post when it is relevant to do so.
former admin2
Thank you for responding to my message. I disagree with that for one of the threads, but not enough to care. I probably won't be on here much then.
"it's a good idea on paper but in the end it'll just be a clusterfuck of people spamming bombs and committing multiple war crimes." -Arbok
We do have a shitposting section if you don't want threads showing on recent
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
That wasn't the point. I wanted to establish a place in the community, and to do that I usually search the first few pages for things I find relevant. Once I become comfortable with how the community is, I will start to go outside my comfort zone with more and more threads, almost exclusively on the first page, depending on how fast the forum moves. I never intended to keep this up for any length of time, but I think I will have a very hard time getting comfortable with this forum in particular. I apologize if I am coming across as rude, but I just wish that my style of browsing were more generally accepted.
To my knowledge Necroing is frowned upon on many forums not just ours. I don't understand why it hurts your want to be in our community. We have a lot of community members who don't use the forums or very rarely use them. Forums activity isn't really required to be here unless you want to go to staff, want to suggest stuff, or be a fun community member ex Athe0r and doyouliftbro who like to share things they captured that they think is awesome or funny
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(07-14-2019, 10:10 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: We do have a shitposting section if you don't want threads showing on recent

But That section is full of Shwaggins post
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
It's ok to bump important / duplicate threads (examples including: The Faces Thread, an Idea or Suggestion that are already been suggested,etc.)

If you're unsure if replying to a thread may be necoring, feel free to ask a Staff Member or Player.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]