Poll: Revert to old system
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
25.00%
1 25.00%
No
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revert to old XP system
Hi, XP has been changed from the old 100 XP every 20 minutes, to an overpowered 25 XP every 3-5 minutes, to a less overpowered 10 every 5. Honestly giving 100 XP every map is a much more refined way of giving things, because it sets getting member right at 24 hours of playtime rather than 13-15 hours, which is minimal to get for such as useful rank. Also with the new system, XP can break and reset levels in map changes, requiring them to use the exploit to kill yourself as a prop to gain 10 XP due to a failure to add the XP on kill script.

It would be much more balanced to just go back to the old system to make a game bending rank harder to get and not break the system.
Lets fucking do it. Back to the old ways works for me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
PH Trusted & Murder Mod
--
Fozzy is gay
--
Loocan & Burrio are my bbies
My only isssue is, if you have a set timer for 20 minutes.. and the map lets say takes longer than 20 minutes you get your xp that map... But what I have noticed is seeing the match times are random from 18-30 minutes long it can lead to your 20 minute timer be set around the time of a map switch. This being stated the map switch then doesnt give xp but still makes you wait the 20 minutes for the next xp.. If it keeps happening the player is still in a loop of not getting xp... Eventually it will work itself out, but I went long times without gaining xp on the 100 per 20 system.... *SUGGESTION* Make a poll and keep the ph community to vote for the way it is or returning to its old way. +0 on the whole deal. Either way works for me but both have potential issues.

All together the xp system is a bit off in most of its aspects.
(03-08-2017, 06:05 PM)[Red]Starky Wrote: My only isssue is, if you have a set timer for 20 minutes.. and the map lets say takes longer than 20 minutes you get your xp that map... But what I have noticed is seeing the match times are random from 18-30 minutes long it can lead to your 20 minute timer be set around the time of a map switch. This being stated the map switch then doesnt give xp but still makes you wait the 20 minutes for the next xp.. If it keeps happening the player is still in a loop of not getting xp... Eventually it will work itself out, but I went long times without gaining xp on the 100 per 20 system.... *SUGGESTION* Make a poll and keep the ph community to vote for the way it is or returning to its old way. +0 on the whole deal. Either way works for me but both have potential issues.

All together the xp system is a bit off in most of its aspects.

This problem is caused by reliance on session playtime which resets every map. The maximum time for a map is 30 minutes, or 8 full rounds. When the hunters win a round, the round timer is cut and a new one is initiated. This can cause the map to max out at round 10, which is the maximum, and initiate a map change. If you get to round 10 in under 20 minutes and the map switches, the session time is reset and the timer starts over. This mostly happens on small, easy maps which we have either eliminated due to spawn point errors or it is never voted for.

Shouldn't be a problem, even if it gets into a loop it would be very easy to break, you just need a map slightly longer than 20 minutes. Honestly, there has ever only been one occurrence of it going into loop, which was a streak of short maps for 4 maps. It was only a 2 hour offset of getting member though, rather than it killing itself and just soft locking like the new system.
[Image: 2cb6ad7ecd.png]

Jesus, russ
(03-09-2017, 10:38 AM)✄ - - - Warpizzle - - - Wrote: [Image: 2cb6ad7ecd.png]

Jesus, russ

That Russ guy is a fucking loon