Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What bizarre event happened at school/work?
oof jr year two freshmen got into a fight because a Zack(blond, white, and a bowl cut) call a black kid the hard er and then scream "don't come to school monday" after he got his ass beat. Then monday came around and Zack comes to school with a trench coat and duffel bag.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Alright so context with this one, I am a pressman aka I print newspapers for a publications company for many locations throughout the state I live in.

We were replacing a roller. A roller is one of the things that help place the print/pictures on the paper on our 4 high machine. The 4 high is the main machine we use with 4 ink colors on it: cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. With those 4 colors we can make all the colors that we need with tweaking and setting the machine.

The roller that was being replaced had a scratch across it causing a line to appear on the entire image from the previous run, easy to replace no problem. My job in this instance is to stand nearby to fetch any tool that is needed or to take the old roller and give them the new one. I had received the old roller and handed up the new one, it weighs about 20+ lbs, the roller was for the top ink color so they were above me and I was below my coworkers ready to get anything they possibly needed. My boss had placed the new roller on the corner handrails  and made sure that it was not moving before turning back to the machine.
The vibrations from them moving along the small catwalk was enough to make the new roller roll so to speak, no pun intended and it fell towards where I was standing below. I initially tried to catch it because equipment is expensive however, during its fall it hit the shells of the lights, causing them to fall as well. At this point I put my head and down and put my hands over my head. The roller hit the machine next to me busting through the protective cover before crashing to the ground, while the light bulbs and shells landed on the other side of me causing a cloud of busted light bulb dust to go everywhere from both giant long bulbs completely shattering. If I had not moved to initially try to catch the new roller, the lights would have hit me in the head (probably) thus having glass from the light bulb hit me in the face/head. I did get hit in the shoulder from the shell but they are light and it just kinda bounced off. Shattered glass everywhere, and roller now impacted with glass, and light bulb covers on the ground with dust. I was fine and got plenty of interesting glances.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I almost died once at work. And saw someone die at work. And saw someone almost get sucked into an engine during runs
[Image: b_560x95.png]
A few weeks ago there was a practise lockdown and my class thought someone was actually at my school with a gun or some sort of weapon
Resigned Ph Trusted March 11th 2019 - February 12th 2020
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”

― Jess C. Scott
When I worked at an asian restaurant, some guy pulled a box cutter out on me because I wouldn't refund his order since he ate way more than half. Told me it wasnt good. (Thats why he ate most if it right?) I had a button in the front desk where we were that would call the cooks in an emergency. Due to the commotion they already knew what happened and one of them snuck up behind the guy and tackled him. They got the box cutter out of his hand he ended up fleeing. The cops came and we closed down the store. I was ofcourse balling like a baby and mainly just thanking the cook for potentially saving me from any harm. The cops had questioned me about the guy and would contact me if they found him. I dont think they did since our cameras didnt catch his face very well. I ended up quitting about a few months later. Unrelated to that, just a better opportunity.
I am a helicopter mechanic, specifically with the airframe of the aircraft. There's portions on all Black hawks (UH-60) and Chinook (CH-47) that say "do not step". For obvious reasons that the area can't support excess weight. 
This human on top of a Chinook saw one of these areas, then said in a sarcastic voice "remember guys, don't step here". Not even 10mins later he wasn't paying attention and stepped on the area. His foot went through the top of the aircraft... took 3 weeks to fix this unintelligent humans mistake, and in capability to pay attention.  
Well, I'm a nurse so I could fill this thread with stories but the most memorable one would be walking past the nurses station in the ED and wondering why there was a crowd of staff around a computer looking both horrified and amused. Let's just say that there are certain places an onion should not be put and that people are just plain weird sometimes XD
[Image: unknown.jpg]
[Image: gTwKns8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

I think this speaks for itself
Back in highschool, I remember some students sabotage the electric for the buses during the winter since the school storage was right by my high school and cause 2 weeks of no school since half the charging buses were completely dead and had to have their batteries to be replaced.
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
In college one of our friends was not the brightest of bulbs and would always say the stupidest shit. So one of the professors came up with a name for him called "Spizwink" and one day in the lab he made yet another stupid comment so the professor decided to take this heavy duty extension cord and give the spizwink a new necklace. Some say to this day you can hear the laughing in the room from that event.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor