Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling out Hackers
this would really only help trusted and tmod but, no one reads motd so...
Jack of some traits, Master of none
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Just give the person who's blatantly alerting people there's a hacker on the server a !p that says "Hey, you might be letting them know that we're onto them, relax"
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(08-23-2019, 03:27 PM)Andre Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 03:04 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 02:26 PM)Andre Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 02:24 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote: Would punishing people for reporting hackers discourage people from reporting anything?

I would like to not punish people for it but make it known to not do it and discourage it.

Making it an official and written rule in the MOTD would mean punishing people for breaking that rule just like we do with all the other rules in there.

There are other ways of making it known to not do it and discourage people from doing it rather than making it an official rule imo

I think making it an official "rule" would not be worth it and a waste of time trying to enforce it

True true but how would we properly enforce it becuase if we say don’t do it and they do it again then what would we do?

The same exact way we do on prophunt. It's not a rule there, but we discourage people from doing it. We don't punish for it unless they're being spammy or toxic about it. I'm surprised you're asking this..

Edit; To clarify, on prop hunt we discourage it and handle it by !p saying the player that they're being watched and to try not to mention it as it gets in the way of evidence collecting. 99% of the time that works and keeps things calm. Most people that join do not understand that here we collect evidence before handling things, as most servers don't do this type of thing.
It just takes a bit of communication. No punishment is necessary at all.

One more edit didnt see fish's comment clarifying soRRY