Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook
Having the advantage of hindsight back to a much, MUCH earlier time, a lot of the interpersonal problems have been a thing for a very long time. Progress has indeed been made, but I think there's still a long way to go. While not wanting to bash Dink (much), communication has never been his strong suit. I'm not going to pretend to have a solution for that. Best I could say is going back to the old co owner idea. Maybe have 2. Give them most of the same capabilities Dink has, but not all.

I think that the problem I have, and why I've been keeping my distance a bit more again, is things are just taken too seriously sometimes. So what Evee and I like kicking each other? If she asked me to stop, I would and I fully expect she'd do the same. People don't donate to be griped at by staff. I donated because I missed some of the commands I once had and the thought of going for staff again makes me shudder and go back to playing Doom.

Gmod is a stupid game at its core. It's fun because it's dumb. The goal of the server should be fun. There are some staff, from trusted all the way up to admin, who I simply won't play with anymore. It just isn't fun around some of them for different reasons. Some really need better training over the rules. Some simply treat everything like a court martial offense. Some remind me of a couple of old mods that are no longer around.

So, I'm not here to discount the progress made, things are definitely better than last time I was around. Some of the issues that the community faces are very similar to some very old issues. Communication and the tone of things on the server have always been problematic. A divide between staff and non-staff has always been around in some way. These are things that, in my opinion, we should look outward for solutions, see how others have solved it, or come close, and figure out our way.
TAFKAAB

Messages In This Thread
Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by Gabe - 01-01-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by Avi - 01-02-2020, 12:33 AM
RE: Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by Ahh Potatoes - 01-02-2020, 06:47 PM