Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook
(01-03-2020, 01:44 AM)EpicGuy Wrote: The strike system Mother Nuru and Hani brought up are great first steps, IF it’s actually going to be enforced, and enforced fairly. Now this is actually going to require TTT and PropHunt Admins to work together. If some idiot is being an idiot on the PropHunt side of the discord server, and they're being warned over there, then obviously those warnings need to carry over to the TTT side and vice versa. I understand it's hard to moderate 2,000+ people in a discord server, but if we're going to use it, it's going to have to be moderated, fairly.

May I suggest having a centralized warning system for all servers and Discord? (In the form of a website perhaps, like the ban system?) Something where a staff member is able to look at a specific players past infractions on ALL of the servers, including Discord, in order to have a solid warning issued to the player that can be very easily be referenced later? In my experience, the reason players get off scot-free after repeated infractions is because either the staff member gets distracted and forgets to inform others, the staff member informs others but they forget about it, or the staff member doesn't bother to remember a single players infraction due to the possibility it's a one time offense. Something like this would be very difficult to do, but I'm sure a hired programmer could throw down with it in a manageable time frame.

I think you all are expecting too much from the staff members. I mean that in the best way possible of course, but staffing is really, really hard. It takes hundreds of hours of experience to get to a point where you truly know what you're doing and can handle everything effectively by yourself. Staff are people, with the expectations of normal people. Just because they get a shiny admin sticker below their name doesn't magically make them any more capable than you. They still forget things, forget rules, get stressed and overwhelmed, and I can't blame them at all. With the amount of garbage the constant war between staff members and toxic players churns out between the forums, Discord and the servers themselves, I think they're doing a pretty damn good job right now. Things can always get better of course, but that takes time and experience on the part of both players and staff members. Weaving yourself through the sticky web of miscommunication, general fuckups (cough Fozzy bans), staff protocol, rules and Dinkleberg himself to get just about anything done is always, and forever will be, a pain in the expletives.

Messages In This Thread
Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by Gabe - 01-01-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by Avi - 01-02-2020, 12:33 AM
RE: Dink's Rewind 2019 & my 2020 outlook - by RussEfarmer - 01-03-2020, 02:04 AM