Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The REAL Problem.
I know I am a new face around here, and I understand I should avoid taking sides. But I'm not here to do that, I just want to say thank you to everyone, for keeping the community alive for as long as you have. To those that stayed and tirelessly keep up to date with the events and issues that need to be addressed, and to the admins who took the risks they did. It's not easy, it never is and I think that's a good thing. We all should strive for a better community, regardless if everything is "fine", it could always be "better". To me, that means a stable server with +10 people just gaming and having fun like it should be, and that's what I've been seeing. I'm not gonna say who, you already know who you are, heh. But I've had a blast participating in this community's server(s) but really, I only play TTT heh. 

Anyways, thank you guys&gals for all the hard strife you go through just for people like me, who just wanna have fun and be there to help the next generation receive the same treatment. I wish you all a good morning, evening and a good night. Heart :))
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
(08-27-2019, 06:20 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote:
The real problem is that everyone thinks they can do it better.

If you think you can do it better, build your own community and prove it. 

Start from NOTHING and build a gaming community that surpasses Dinkleberg's, but here's some things you'll need to have before you can even come close:

- Your community/server must survive 3+ years

- Have staff that have been in your community for 2+ years

- Have a set of rules that are strict but lenient enough that the game is still fun.

- Have 4 game modes, 2 of which are active daily with 10+ players.

- You can't recruit players from Dinks to try and populate your server, otherwise you've failed to surpass.

Now if you don't want to go to such extremes as building your own community, then I ask you to be patient with us.
We are all human and are striving to make Dinkleberg's a better place, but it takes time.
There will be MANY mistakes along the way, please give your constructive criticism along the way and voice it through the appropriate channels.

Thank you each and everyone for being a part of Dinkleberg's and if you feel you must go, do so with peace and positive energy towards your future wherever it may lead you.
I don't know how patient you expect players to be considering these "mistakes" and issues have been around for years on top of that constructive criticism is never taken seriously probably because there's you know 0 communication between upper staff and players they're also inactive so they probably don't see or even acknowledge it.
(08-27-2019, 07:25 PM)Andre Wrote: Guys just chill we understand what is happening it doesn't need to be bigger than it already is! If you feel you were wrongfully banned then make a unban request. This is ridiculous, this shouldn't be happening. This just proves why we did this, we have procedures and ways we deal with this. Follow them and stop causing something that doesn't to need to be caused!

And to finally add onto this talk about it as adults. If we can't settle things in a professional matter then what's the point.
You know the people who are making threads and posting because they think the players are wrongfully banned aren't the ones who were banned right? so none of this proves anything and idk why you keep on saying "we" you didn't do anything lol. Also, people were discussing on the main thread but it was locked because after an admin got called out for doing the same stuff he deemed the thread no longer useful so idk what you expect after players are blatantly ignored, locked out of threads and 0 communication between admins and players  involved seems like the people who don't wanna settle it is the admins who haven't responded to anything lol.

"we have procedures and ways we deal with this. Follow them and stop causing something that doesn't to need to be caused!" Pretty sure the admins didn't follow procedures when making this decision but ok
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam

Start from NOTHING and build a gaming community that surpasses Dinkleberg's, but here's some things you'll need to have before you can even come close:

- Have a set of rules that are strict but lenient enough that the game is still fun.

- You can't recruit players from Dinks to try and populate your server, otherwise you've failed to surpass.

Now if you don't want to go to such extremes as building your own community, then I ask you to be patient with us.
We are all human and are striving to make Dinkleberg's a better place, but it takes time.
There will be MANY mistakes along the way, please give your constructive criticism along the way and voice it through the appropriate channels.

Thank you each and everyone for being a part of Dinkleberg's and if you feel you must go, do so with peace and positive energy towards your future wherever it may lead you.

The whole "Can you do better?" or "Go do it yourself" isn't a valid excuse. Its like telling someone that they can't criticize a product or service becuase they rnt a chef, actor, director, any other profession etc... The people complaining arnt saying that they can do better at running a server but rather the staff can.
[Image: bb6.jpg]
(08-27-2019, 10:56 AM)Hani Wrote: People giving me shit from my mod app made me very close to rejecting the position but I was told to keep it yet the reason I was getting executed for it is the same shit others displayed. 

I welcome u all to attack me once again since I'm pretty used to it from this place  :s

Forgot to ask this but I'm assuming you're talking about stuff that happened in-game or through discord cause looking at your staff app  people literally only said you had a bad attitude and was quick to jump the gun on bans which is  valid criticism.
(08-27-2019, 07:25 PM)Andre Wrote: Guys just chill we understand what is happening it doesn't need to be bigger than it already is! If you feel you were wrongfully banned then make a unban request. This is ridiculous, this shouldn't be happening. This just proves why we did this, we have procedures and ways we deal with this. Follow them and stop causing something that doesn't to need to be caused!

And to finally add onto this talk about it as adults. If we can't settle things in a professional matter then what's the point.

I mean this is already as big as its gonna get (unless others get banned).  

This situation is bigger on scale but it reminded me of This. Those people had multiple warnings and temp bans for their actions.  

From what I can tell and from being on both sidelines to witness this, the people that were recently banned did not receive any warning about their wrongdoings.  

Yes those that were banned did some questionable things (won't get into detail since I dont want this post to be long)

If you want to effectively tackle a situation such as this, attempts need (in this case needed) to be made to alert those in question of what they were doing and what action needed to be taken to resolve further conflict (communication problem).  You just can't drop the hammer on someone so suddenly IMO. 

Those that were banned liked playing on the server too. They had complaints and wanted to see the community continue to succeed.  You know how you get mad at certain things? They were passionate about the server and didn't want anything bad to happen to it. There couldve been instances where they praised the server for something that happened etc. 

I'm not bashing anyone.  I'm not bashing those that were banned and I'm not bashing the admins who had tough decisions to make. We all want this community to thrive.  

-Lift
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
(08-27-2019, 08:45 PM)Fozzy Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 10:56 AM)Hani Wrote: People giving me shit from my mod app made me very close to rejecting the position but I was told to keep it yet the reason I was getting executed for it is the same shit others displayed. 

I welcome u all to attack me once again since I'm pretty used to it from this place  :s

Forgot to ask this but I'm assuming you're talking about stuff that happened in-game or through discord cause looking at your staff app  people literally only said you had a bad attitude and was quick to jump the gun on bans which is  valid criticism.

In game, threads, and discords. I already understood and still do understand that they were valid criticisms and worked on whatever concerns were brought to me. The only thing I did not find valid was Mallak saying I was too ban happy because he and I didn't agree on a ban length of two friends targeting Paul/Saitama. He said to ban them for one hour and I said one day because one hour is just one map on this server. That one map later they'll be back seeing how short a ban is for targeting and harassment. At the time I knew he was working off that one situation alone because Mallak was rarely on and he and I had no problems before that one.

I also only brought it up initially because while I found everything else valid, other staff were displaying said same attitude if not worse.
i will never fall for puss and go retardo mode ✊
I know imma get shitposted for commenting but im gunna work on a more solidified thread for all to post or or welcome messages for opinions/concerns and suggestions. That way those that are scared to comment, may do so. I know there are several of you as some of you have already messaged me.

I'm gunna go ahead and say yes we could have fully handled it better, and better explained each persons ban individually rather that just grouping everyone together so that it seems like youre ALL friends and working on something together. That's not the case. I'm going to do my best to clear up what I can soon with the others. We are working on it. So in the mean time feel free to keep posting concerns here so we can answer all of them at once.

In terms of communication tbh i wish the whole servers were done more like we do on PH.
Fish and I keep the staff AND dink both on the same page, when something is going on, they all know it. Most of PH staff can attest to this. We get their opinions on things, including the rules we did at the beginning of the year. I encouraged all the staff to help with those rules and it ended up to where we are now where (the majority but not all) were happy with them. We try to be inclusive and on the same page and the servers in general need this.
Now how to get there? That's hard, because we have very different mindsets compared to admins of other servers/staff of the other servers.
It's something that would be slow but it's accomplish-able with the right people.

I understand a lot of you are angry and that's fine, you have EVERY right to be. I just ask for a little more patience so we can clear this up and fix things up so that we are ALL at least mostly on the same page of understanding whats going on.
(08-27-2019, 08:34 PM)Sea Bass Wrote:

The whole "Can you do better?" or "Go do it yourself" isn't a valid excuse. Its like telling someone that they can't criticize a product or service becuase they rnt a chef, actor, director, any other profession etc... The people complaining arnt saying that they can do better at running a server but rather the staff can.

Staff don't run the server, players do. 
Every staff member is a player in the community who is given responsibility to keep the peace and ultimately make the tough calls. Staff members are appointed by members of the community, through the support shown in their applications.

Now there's a system put in place that someone who is staff is abusing their privilege they can be brought to a sort of trial, also known as the Abuse of Power report.  If you collect evidence to support that an individual given the privilege of being staff is abusing their power then file a report with the evidence supporting your claim. 

Remember, being a member of staff is a privilege and voluntary.
People still have a real life outside of this gaming community. 

Also, I'm not making an excuse but more of an extreme example with creating your own server due to being so displeased with this one.
Though I admit that categorizing "everyone" was rambunctious of me

Just remember, the players of the community vastly outnumber the staff members.
You hold more votes in applications and reports.

Yes the recent event was not handled the best, however those banned can still appeal their bans if they so feel like it. 
(08-27-2019, 09:31 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: I know imma get shitposted for commenting but im gunna work on a more solidified thread for all to post or or welcome messages for opinions/concerns and suggestions. That way those that are scared to comment, may do so. I know there are several of you as some of you have already messaged me.

I'm gunna go ahead and say yes we could have fully handled it better, and better explained each persons ban individually rather that just grouping everyone together so that it seems like youre ALL friends and working on something together. That's not the case. I'm going to do my best to clear up what I can soon with the others. We are working on it. So in the mean time feel free to keep posting concerns here so we can answer all of them at once.

In terms of communication tbh i wish the whole servers were done more like we do on PH.
Fish and I keep the staff AND dink both on the same page, when something is going on, they all know it. Most of PH staff can attest to this. We get their opinions on things, including the rules we did at the beginning of the year. I encouraged all the staff to help with those rules and it ended up to where we are now where (the majority but not all) were happy with them. We try to be inclusive and on the same page and the servers in general need this.
Now how to get there? That's hard, because we have very different mindsets compared to admins of other servers/staff of the other servers.
It's something that would be slow but it's accomplish-able with the right people.

I understand a lot of you are angry and that's fine, you have EVERY right to be. I just ask for a little more patience so we can clear this up and fix things up so that we are ALL at least mostly on the same page of understanding whats going on.
You literally just proved everyone's point right thanks
(08-27-2019, 09:39 PM)Fozzy Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:31 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: I know imma get shitposted for commenting but im gunna work on a more solidified thread for all to post or or welcome messages for opinions/concerns and suggestions. That way those that are scared to comment, may do so. I know there are several of you as some of you have already messaged me.

You literally just proved everyone's point right thanks
It's better to admit when wrong than to pretend like every thing is okay and keep going like it's not. There is no getting better without admitting faults and working towards fixing them.

My personal opinion. The disconnect is real. It needs fixed.