Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The REAL Problem.
(08-27-2019, 09:36 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 08:34 PM)Sea Bass Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 06:20 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote:
The real problem is that everyone thinks they can do it better.

If you think you can do it better, build your own community and prove it. 

Start from NOTHING and build a gaming community that surpasses Dinkleberg's, but here's some things you'll need to have before you can even come close:

- Your community/server must survive 3+ years

- Have staff that have been in your community for 2+ years

- Have a set of rules that are strict but lenient enough that the game is still fun.

- Have 4 game modes, 2 of which are active daily with 10+ players.

- You can't recruit players from Dinks to try and populate your server, otherwise you've failed to surpass.

Now if you don't want to go to such extremes as building your own community, then I ask you to be patient with us.
We are all human and are striving to make Dinkleberg's a better place, but it takes time.
There will be MANY mistakes along the way, please give your constructive criticism along the way and voice it through the appropriate channels.

Thank you each and everyone for being a part of Dinkleberg's and if you feel you must go, do so with peace and positive energy towards your future wherever it may lead you.

The whole "Can you do better?" or "Go do it yourself" isn't a valid excuse. Its like telling someone that they can't criticize a product or service becuase they rnt a chef, actor, director, any other profession etc... The people complaining arnt saying that they can do better at running a server but rather the staff can.

Staff don't run the server, players do. 
Every staff member is a player in the community who is given responsibility to keep the peace and ultimately make the tough calls. Staff members are appointed by members of the community, through the support shown in their applications.

Now there's a system put in place that someone who is staff is abusing their privilege they can be brought to a sort of trial, also known as the Abuse of Power report.  If you collect evidence to support that an individual given the privilege of being staff is abusing their power then file a report with the evidence supporting your claim. 

Remember, being a member of staff is a privilege and voluntary.
People still have a real life outside of this gaming community. 

Also, I'm not making an excuse but more of an extreme example with creating your own server due to being so displeased with this one.
Though I admit that categorizing "everyone" was rambunctious of me

Just remember, the players of the community vastly outnumber the staff members.
You hold more votes in applications and reports.

Yes the recent event was not handled the best, however those banned can still appeal their bans if they so feel like it. 

we can't exactly report the admins lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-27-2019, 09:45 PM)Admiral Arbok Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:36 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote:

Start from NOTHING and build a gaming community that surpasses Dinkleberg's, but here's some things you'll need to have before you can even come close:

- Have a set of rules that are strict but lenient enough that the game is still fun.

- You can't recruit players from Dinks to try and populate your server, otherwise you've failed to surpass.

Now if you don't want to go to such extremes as building your own community, then I ask you to be patient with us.
We are all human and are striving to make Dinkleberg's a better place, but it takes time.
There will be MANY mistakes along the way, please give your constructive criticism along the way and voice it through the appropriate channels.

Thank you each and everyone for being a part of Dinkleberg's and if you feel you must go, do so with peace and positive energy towards your future wherever it may lead you.

The whole "Can you do better?" or "Go do it yourself" isn't a valid excuse. Its like telling someone that they can't criticize a product or service becuase they rnt a chef, actor, director, any other profession etc... The people complaining arnt saying that they can do better at running a server but rather the staff can.

Every staff member is a player in the community who is given responsibility to keep the peace and ultimately make the tough calls. Staff members are appointed by members of the community, through the support shown in their applications.

Now there's a system put in place that someone who is staff is abusing their privilege they can be brought to a sort of trial, also known as the Abuse of Power report.  If you collect evidence to support that an individual given the privilege of being staff is abusing their power then file a report with the evidence supporting your claim. 

Also, I'm not making an excuse but more of an extreme example with creating your own server due to being so displeased with this one.

Yes the recent event was not handled the best, however those banned can still appeal their bans if they so feel like it. 

Actually you can. It's been done before. Dink handles it at that point (or should)
Everyone is up for reporting. SORRY SCOOVIE I LOVE YOU KIDDO
Look at him, he was reported and demoted as example.
(08-27-2019, 09:45 PM)Admiral Arbok Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:36 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote:

You can report anyone with sufficient evidence.
(08-27-2019, 09:43 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:39 PM)Fozzy Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:31 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: I know imma get shitposted for commenting but im gunna work on a more solidified thread for all to post or or welcome messages for opinions/concerns and suggestions. That way those that are scared to comment, may do so. I know there are several of you as some of you have already messaged me.

I'm gunna go ahead and say yes we could have fully handled it better, and better explained each persons ban individually rather that just grouping everyone together so that it seems like youre ALL friends and working on something together. That's not the case. I'm going to do my best to clear up what I can soon with the others. We are working on it. So in the mean time feel free to keep posting concerns here so we can answer all of them at once.

In terms of communication tbh i wish the whole servers were done more like we do on PH.
Fish and I keep the staff AND dink both on the same page, when something is going on, they all know it. Most of PH staff can attest to this. We get their opinions on things, including the rules we did at the beginning of the year. I encouraged all the staff to help with those rules and it ended up to where we are now where (the majority but not all) were happy with them. We try to be inclusive and on the same page and the servers in general need this.
Now how to get there? That's hard, because we have very different mindsets compared to admins of other servers/staff of the other servers.
It's something that would be slow but it's accomplish-able with the right people.

I understand a lot of you are angry and that's fine, you have EVERY right to be. I just ask for a little more patience so we can clear this up and fix things up so that we are ALL at least mostly on the same page of understanding whats going on.
You literally just proved everyone's point right thanks
It's better to admit when wrong than to pretend like every thing is okay and keep going like it's not. There is no getting better without admitting faults and working towards fixing them.

My personal opinion. The disconnect is real. It needs fixed.

if the admins are at somewhat at fault shouldn't they just be automatically unbanned since this is also somewhat there fault and instead just demote the players then reban them if they continue being toxic like you're supposed too instead of randomly banning them without any warnings. All this cancer could literally be over tonight if yall just unban them and demote them which is the right thing to do. lmao
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
(08-27-2019, 09:49 PM)Fozzy Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:43 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:39 PM)Fozzy Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 09:31 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: I know imma get shitposted for commenting but im gunna work on a more solidified thread for all to post or or welcome messages for opinions/concerns and suggestions. That way those that are scared to comment, may do so. I know there are several of you as some of you have already messaged me.

I'm gunna go ahead and say yes we could have fully handled it better, and better explained each persons ban individually rather that just grouping everyone together so that it seems like youre ALL friends and working on something together. That's not the case. I'm going to do my best to clear up what I can soon with the others. We are working on it. So in the mean time feel free to keep posting concerns here so we can answer all of them at once.

In terms of communication tbh i wish the whole servers were done more like we do on PH.
Fish and I keep the staff AND dink both on the same page, when something is going on, they all know it. Most of PH staff can attest to this. We get their opinions on things, including the rules we did at the beginning of the year. I encouraged all the staff to help with those rules and it ended up to where we are now where (the majority but not all) were happy with them. We try to be inclusive and on the same page and the servers in general need this.
Now how to get there? That's hard, because we have very different mindsets compared to admins of other servers/staff of the other servers.
It's something that would be slow but it's accomplish-able with the right people.

I understand a lot of you are angry and that's fine, you have EVERY right to be. I just ask for a little more patience so we can clear this up and fix things up so that we are ALL at least mostly on the same page of understanding whats going on.
You literally just proved everyone's point right thanks
It's better to admit when wrong than to pretend like every thing is okay and keep going like it's not. There is no getting better without admitting faults and working towards fixing them.

My personal opinion. The disconnect is real. It needs fixed.

if the admins are at somewhat at fault shouldn't they just be automatically unbanned since this is also somewhat there fault and instead just demote the players then reban them if they continue being toxic like you're supposed too instead of randomly banning them without any warnings. All this cancer could literally be over tonight if yall just unban them and demote them which is the right thing to do. lmao

As of right now, this is being worked on. It's not an overnight thing though because we are going through everything and seeing what we can publicly share and cannot due to requests. Yes we are at fault for SOME of it, but the people banned were still banned for a reason. Each one should have been individually explained rather than grouped like I said, but this isn't a simple unban and it's fixed thing.
The scar is permanent, anything done now is just stitches and bandaids. You and I both know that, and so does the community. Some of them are overdue for a community ban. Others have worked their way there.
Personally, some just need a slap on the wrist imo, or a temp ban/demotion.
This is my opinion of course. There's many of us so we all have our own opinions. I am not speaking for all, just for myself. Be sure to keep that in mind. These are all from my opinions/minds. I'm not going to speak for everyone unless asked to.
does anyone else not read centered posts xD
Anyone is welcome to message me and I will openly talk about as much as I am allowed to. I am always going to be open. This is how Fish and I handle ph. This is how we are as people. I admit I was wrong in how this was handled. Thats fine. I am here to answer questions and talk. Please take this time to do so like Fozzy is instead of being a shit head COUGH AETHOR COUGH
(08-27-2019, 10:00 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: instead of being a shit head COUGH AETHOR COUGH

This behavior is unacceptable, especially coming from an admin. I will be demanding your resignation.
(08-27-2019, 10:05 PM)-aEth0r Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 10:00 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: instead of being a shit head COUGH AETHOR COUGH

This behavior is unacceptable, especially coming from an admin. I will be demanding your resignation.

Here you go
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-i-resign

Back to topic now pls
This is probably the question that most people who were banned are wondering, but dont want to ask. Are the TTT admins currently taking their time in gathering old evidence, and already handled evidence to use to keep us permanently banned? If so, wouldnt that be unfair to us who have been already punished for said issues? Also when will we be notified of the final results?