Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The REAL Problem.
(08-27-2019, 10:08 PM)ritsuneru Wrote: This is probably the question that most people who were banned are wondering, but dont want to ask. Are the TTT admins currently taking their time in gathering old evidence, and already handled evidence to use to keep us permanently banned? If so, wouldnt that be unfair to us who have been already punished for said issues? Also when will we be notified of the final results?

I'm going to add this to questions on our list, thank you for adding. Also everyone will be notified properly, all at once in the post where we also thoroughly explain everything. I cannot say how soon that will be because this time, it's going to be thought out right, and not rushed. I want us to prevent adding more scars on this community.
A major concern of mine is the validity of the community bans. If not valid, and several are in question, there should be an unban without making the staff/players jump through additional steps. So here’s a straightforward way of presenting evidence for each ban and it’s reasoning.
What _______ did to deserve a community ban instead of (whichever applies) warning/probation/rank demotion/full demotion/temp ban/full ban in singular community/forum ban/discord ban: , , , , ,
Repeated for the I think 7 players
Edit: note that if it’s found that an above punishment should have been dished instead, then moved to that instead of just a straight unban like my post suggested.

And although I know there’s no way for us to check this, I’d love for it to be the original reason, not reasons found after the bans to justify them. Ought to save a little time

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
@matt_st3 (Strongrule) you and I were the glue that held shit together apparently lol
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
I leave for this place for a couple of months... my comment is this: wtf is this mess??!!! Someone give me a TLDR?
Tea and crumpets will always blow my trumpets!

[Image: 28880325-english-crumpets-with-butter-on...jack-m.jpg]

Oddbodd the musical man,
He is musical whenever he can.
With all of these rhymes
that he makes all the time,
Oddbodd the musical man.

Anyway Nuru I think, I hope, I speak for the vast majority here by saying thanks for giving us some info on what is going on. This sort of transparency is what the TTT side severely lacks. And because of the lack of information being sent our way we are quick to presume this event is being swept under the rug, or at least attempted to be swept under the rug. Also I genuinely appreciate that the questions asked are at least by one person being taken seriously, as the lack of input from the other admins+ is... shocking (Wich sadly is considered normal from the TTT side)
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
I have a few questions about this:
  • Did inactive admins have a vote on these bans?
  • Did PH Admins have a vote on the bans of TTT players?
  • If there is better evidence than what was provided in the post about this, why wasn't it just provided instead of having really poor evidence?
  • Why was there little to no recent communication with lower staff (at least in TTT. I can't say anything about PH) about this decision?
  • How are things going to change so that something like this doesn't happen again?
(08-28-2019, 03:04 PM)killerZoreo Wrote: I have a few questions about this:
  • If there is better evidence than what was provided in the post about this, why wasn't it just provided instead of having really poor evidence?
  • Why was there little to no recent communication with lower staff (at least in TTT. I can't say anything about PH) about this decision?
  • How are things going to change so that something like this doesn't happen again?

Yes, inactive admins had a say in the decision
    As far as I know, Dakota did not have a vote. Mainly because he has no access to a device that would allow him to contact us. Queef's involvement and whether he was qualified to even vote, let alone dish out these bans, is debatable.
    Yes, they did.
    The official reason for this was to prevent the harassment and targeting of people who spoke up about us. Which is really just a way of saying that they have poorly thrown together "evidence" that mostly comes from an entirely different discord.
    Most likely because some of the banned members, including myself, were TTT staff. But that also brings up the question, why weren't the members in question notified that they were being banned? Or even talked to so that we could prevent behavior like this in the future? If that didn't work, THEN ban them.
    This one is up for the admins to answer. Quite honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't been swept under the rug already. Maybe because we actually had the courage to speak out against this shit.

My responses are in red. Being one of the people who were banned, I believe I have as much of a right to speak on this as anyone else.
(08-28-2019, 03:31 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
    As far as I know, Dakota did not have a vote. Mainly because he has no access to a device that would allow him to contact us. Queef's involvement and whether he was qualified to even vote, let alone dish out these bans, is debatable.
    Yes, they did.
    The official reason for this was to prevent the harassment and targeting of people who spoke up about us. Which is really just a way of saying that they have poorly thrown together "evidence" that mostly comes from an entirely different discord.
    Most likely because some of the banned members, including myself, were TTT staff. But that also brings up the question, why weren't the members in question notified that they were being banned? Or even talked to so that we could prevent behavior like this in the future? If that didn't work, THEN ban them.
    This one is up for the admins to answer. Quite honestly, I'm surprised this hasn't been swept under the rug already. Maybe because we actually had the courage to speak out against this shit.

My responses are in red. Being one of the people who were banned, I believe I have as much of a right to speak on this as anyone else.

your responses aren't showing up red
[Image: J6yUs0g]

I will answer these in order:

1. The admins+ that were involved in this were queef, Gabe, Nuru, myself, and Dinkleberg. Please do not hate on Everyjuan and Drew for they did not vote on this.

2. For people I did not know really at all, like Tdawg, I let TTT decide what to do with him. The overall answer to this however, is yes. The PH admins had a say for the TTT players

3. Some of the evidence as previously said, was not shared due to the individuals or sensitive nature involved in said discussions. Some of that evidence would have indeed helped, but also probably would have meant those same individuals getting harassed again. There is more evidence, that I do not know really why it was not included.

4. There was little communication with either lower staff group. The reason for this that I immediately think of is word and rumors                spreading which leads to hate and purposeful misinformation. This is not to say that most individuals would not have been able to handle it, but the few would have caused chaos for the majority. Probably could have gotten even more evidence if we let some individuals know.

5. I will not speak for the TTT. I do not know many of you that well so I will not assume to know how your area of Dinkleberg's community functions or flows together. I believe the best course of action for similar events that will probably take place in the future is instead of throw them all in together, is to approach each individual with more than sufficient evidence to justify the punishment that is being handed out for said individual. Another, is to make sure that I have my head in the game. I know this event was going to be big, but I did not fully focus on it with most of the individuals being from the TTT side of things. This mainly had to do with how the admins handle their servers' communities and staff. I saw this as mainly a TTT issue with a couple of PH strings or tangents attached. I saw it more as an advisory placement instead of a specific individual. For that I am sorry because if I would have put my foot down and done things like I had done with in the past as with PH, things may have been different. We will never know since I did not. The biggest way to learn from this, is to learn from the errors we did for things to get like this so that the experiences can be applied properly in the future.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army