Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
(08-30-2019, 11:11 PM)Dalek Emperor Wrote: (Moved from own thread to post for visibility)
Hi I haven't made a post in fucking forever. I don't post on here often I see it as a waste of time but I will give it a shot. My name is Dalek and I have been around since March of 2015. I started becoming active in the past 2 weeks then this happened and this situation isn't unique as some might think. Like others have said before me this is a commodity in this community. Does this mean that this one is any worse or more important or less important than previous situations? No I don't think it does but I have doubts that some people will truly learn anything from this. The point of this thread is to tell you something very important. This is an online gaming community where we play a game that either you are a possessed prop, a bunch of terrorists that has traitors among them, or you are just in a hollywood murder movie. We take things way to seriously and we need to just have some fucking fun playing video games it is not that hard to do so. Non staff no one has an agenda to silence your opinions or to ban you at the drop of a hat. Staff sometimes we go to far and become arrogant people who can't see past their own ego and we don't listen to anyone until we have to. You want to know the difference between staff and non staff NOTHING!. We are all humans we are imperfect we make mistakes it's human nature. However that doesn't make us incapable of thoughtful decision making with the thoughts of others in mind. Both sides to this mess have done some fucked up things and I am not saying everyone and I am not pointing out any individuals because if I tried or you tried or we tried all it does is create more drama. Just for one second stop being so indignant for others if someone is bothered they will speak up and sometimes if you try and speak up for them it only makes things worse. So like everything take context into thought. I understand that prop hunt needs to be more strict on rules because it is more kid friendly. TTT while it also has a younger audience at times it is much smaller than PH. Finally stop generalizing people and communities and cliques. It is in our nature to create groups but don't let any one group dictate your thoughts and opinions. Come to your own conclusion share it in a helpful thoughtful constructive manner and then hear others then respond. Compromise it's how we move forward as a community but it can't happen unless the majority is willing to do it and that's not heavily weighted on either side because like I said before in any way that truly matters we are all equal as human beings and well we all make mistakes it's how you respond and learn from those mistakes that defines your character not the mistake in the first place.

I'm just gonna kinda breakup this unorganized mess down here.

1. You're saying you don't think people will truly learn from what happened. Pretty bold statement considering how much everybody got stirred up over all this. It's been a week and the fire flares up, goes down, and flares back up. The decision went from us being told it was indefinite to depending on community opinion. We have received more information from one of the admins about what has happened and are now learning that things are turning into a case by case basis. So yes, it seems that everyone has learned something very quickly.

2. You're saying staff don't have an agenda to silence people's opinions, yet we already see that staff have gone out of their way to use non-official discords/private discords as evidence for banning people. Essentially, policing people's opinions, at least of specific groups.

3. You're saying there's no difference between staff and non-staff. Wut? There absolutely is and to say there isn't is just truly arrogant and ignorant. The attitudes of many staff, especially upper is that of entitlement and power hungry. You even writing this post saying nothing is wrong and that people need to move on, shows that. (I mean there's much less of a difference now seeing as how they are resigning in droves so maybe you're more right than you would have been a few weeks ago).

4. I agree, no more clique generalization, it makes things to simple, and causes too much harm. The general "staff" term is good for addressing those in the position but not for how things are handled. This also goes for the people being punished, seeing as this has come across as a witch hunt. This is a KEY point because the "clique" mindset is how Tdawg got wrongfully banned, just because he was associated with the others.

5. You say compromise and I agree. There's only one problem. Communication. We can't compromise when we don't have clear and concise communication from the top. The ones in charge of the decisions and handing out the punishments here have not given us much. Only a few have done much to help, and we appreciate that. We also have inactive admins and vague answers flowing in. We aren't sure what's really going on so we are stuck waiting. Again, as we all know, "the admins word is law" ... unless you complain enough

There's a reason people have been reacting this way. If you can't see why, no matter what side you take, IF you even take one (because you don't even have to), then you are truly out of touch.
[Image: 39wzdm.jpg]
can we just all make up and be a community again. All this fighting makes me sad to see a server I come to for enjoyment and to escape my problems of my life. For gods sake people its a simple fix MORE COMNACATIN. add a fucking change log or for fucks sake let some other staff members vote on bans or apps. because we sure as hell need some some communication this server makes me happy to play but right now I dont know how to feal im back to trying to escape my life from inside a game so for fucks sake all of you stop adding fire to a fucking forest
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
(08-31-2019, 02:29 PM)daeganislegit Wrote: can we just all make up and be a community again. All this fighting makes me sad to see a server I come to for enjoyment and to escape my problems of my life. For gods sake people its a simple fix MORE COMNACATIN. add a fucking change log or for fucks sake let some other staff members vote on bans or apps. because we sure as hell need some some communication this server makes me happy to play but right now I dont know how to feal im back to trying to escape my life from inside a game so for fucks sake all of  you stop adding fire to a fucking forest

Unfortunately, little guy, it's not that easy.

More/better communication can only come from good, active staff and a better, active owner. We don't have either of those.
Who wants to play some mutha. fuckin. gmod
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(08-31-2019, 03:12 PM)Summer Wrote: Who wants to play some mutha. fuckin. gmod

No.
As much as I support the movement to create a new agenda, I don't see a point in arguing anymore. What happened happened, we can't do anything to fix or change that. We, the community, have done everything in our power to put these issues to light, but by sitting here and arguing we're essentially making this a whole lot worse. Yes, the admins messed up, they now know (or at least a few of them hopefully do). Let's just all sit back and relax and take a breather. This will all be addressed by a more competent higher up hopefully soon. Like Daegan has been saying, this was supposed to be a place where people could come and escape the hardships of the real world, but all of this is only egging it on and making it worse for people. I don't want to push those away who still want to play. Before I get backlash for whatever reason, I'm friends with most of the banned people, but it is for sure time to let this settle down and wait for an official response from an admin. These threads and the responses they get are adding way too much gasoline to a already severe fire.
I know. If you wanna drake things seriously, go join the other side. Who actually plays the shit game LULE
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Theres nothing wrong with saying what you think about a fucking situation, there seems to be a lot of people who think anyone’s opinion that’s not the same as theirs is automatically toxic or negative.(Evident to -1’s to whoever doesn’t agree with y’all) Like you’re dumb as fuck lmao. Too many soft individuals nowadays who can’t sit and listen, immediately if you don’t feel the same you are labeled as “toxic” just because you can’t respect what another human being is saying to you. Ya’ll feel personally attacked when its not the case at all but its sad tbh.
Put some respek on my nigga Dalek's name!!!!

WeirdChamp
All else aside, what IS the delay?

Actual question btw

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(08-31-2019, 04:27 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: All else aside, what IS the delay?

Actual question btw

them not wanting to admit they fucked up or no more evidence or they forgot
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]