Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up.
This is such a hard thing for me to wrap my head around, not because I care about the people banned, but because I don't care about how people act or display themselves on the internet. I don't care to read every single point of this- I've had enough college classes for the day, but what I feel like is being encouraged is sensitivity. I have never, and will never, agree with internet sensitivity. I came from a community I was active on for quite a few years, and I still carry the same friends; the brutal, unrelenting assholes I call some of the best damn guys I know. I'm not advocating for total anarchy, I'm advocating for the fact people need to grow the fuck up and stop being sheltered on the internet.

I don't blame the admins for withholding evidence for community sake, but fuck, if that ain't some shit if I've ever heard it. The whole, "order in chaos" thing sounds feudalistic. Also, from reading, Supreme Court overruled the initial ruling of Brandenberg, stating that Ohio did not have the power to "constitutionally punish abstract advocacy of force or law violation." I don't think the comparison is even relatable- obviously you used it as a premise rather than an idea, but still. In my honest opinion, this level of grip is a vice I just can't stand in communities.

Also, the use of quotes to place yourself over ideas to justify actions is irritating, but that's just a personal thing. As the great C. S. Lewis once said, "An explanation of cause is not a justification by reason." Maybe I'll toss this in here too to make people believe me, "All explanations tend to be self-serving." - Marty Rubin

About three of these bans I can understand, but can't help but hate the pike placed on them. From what I see, actively going out to target someone does not equal disagreeing with them, no matter how far you place your foot forward. I get it, we can't see all the details, so prepare for us to talk about what we can see rather than what we're told to trust you guys on.

As an avid WoW and League player, I suppose I've developed an internet callus most haven't. As said from a genius man in a YouTube comment, "Some people wouldn't survive three minutes in a Modern Warfare 2 lobby."

Messages In This Thread
Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Gabe - 09-06-2019, 04:56 PM
RE: Community Toxicity Bans. The Follow Up. - by Stiffler's Mom - 09-06-2019, 07:47 PM